“VFM hotel”
Review of Museum View Hotel

Museum View Hotel
Ranked #42 of 128 Specialty Lodging in Cairo
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stumbled upon this hotel, when we were looking for a single night to stay prior to our wadi el ryan visit. The hotel is located directly across the Egyptian museum, but the location is very easy to miss, we only came across it by chance. The rooms are very clean, and the hotel is a budget one, but for the similar price you can find better hotels if you do some snooping around. The hotel is also located close to the tahrir square and few metres walk away from the KFC nearby, as with all the VFM hotels, this one has no elevator, but we did not need it coz we were located for the day on the 1st floor.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank godspeed4476
There are newer reviews for Museum View Hotel

Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is an amazing hostel. I stayed here for a week and enjoyed it thoroughly. The hostel is located just perfectly opposite the Egyptian Museum, close to shops, the subway station and some coffee shops. From the balconies, you will have an amazing view over Tahrir Square, I was sitting there for many hours and really enjoyed it a lot. The rooms were very nice, comfortable and clean, I had my own shower and bathroom and air conditioning, everything was working. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and able to arrange any kind of daily or weekly trips if you wish. As a single female traveler I especially enjoyed the common room with TV and internet where I could chat with other travelers or the staff …… and everyone was always up for a cup of tea! I felt very safe and would definitely choose Museum’s View again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank marenVienna
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The Museum View is located across from the National Museum near Tahrir Square.It could be hard to sleep as you are in a busy part of Cairo. It is hard to find this place if you don't keep your eyes peeled.You have to walk up two flights of stairs to get to the reception.The rooms are adequete with shower,ensuite bathroom & fan.Basic clean place to stay at a good location at a good price.They have a small family room with a television a kitchen to do cooking there as well.A lot of people I talked to there mostly students told me that they enjoy the place that they have stayed there for quite a while.Not a bad place at all.

Room Tip: Don't take photos of the museum from your room it's a security matter.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank kraor
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I have stayed with them before and im always going back because they have kept the nice quality of the hotel - nice and clean rooms, well equipped kitchen, very cool and smart staff and they act quick to help You with any questions you might have!

Room Tip: In thr summer ask for the AC!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank kaidiudris
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I want to thank Ramy, Amir, Amirah and the rest of the staff for a wonderful stay. I felt at home the second I arrived. I was greeted with a smile and a hospitality you rarely find. The room was spacious and tho the bathroom leaked a bit I didn't mind it. I had room 504 which had a magnificent view of Tahrir square. The best room in the joint. The location is ideal which is across the street from the museum and the metro is close by to take you to many corners of Cairo and Giza. Thanks guys. You will be missed. I hope to return very soon.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank kentmoney1
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Centrally located, they are in down town and close from metro stop, bus station, and a short ride from the train station. Right in front of the Egyptian museum,
also there are plenty of shops around, snacks, and supermarket.
The room was clean and the beds very comfortable particulary after a long day walking, they have balconies in some rooms, or large windows in others, all facilities are available, TV room, internet access, WIFI, there is also a kitchen if you feel like cooking something,
but there is plenty of exotic food to be tried in Cairo !
Towels, toilet papers, soap, and extra duvets, are all included,
and the staff will always be there if you need anything,
to me it was a real sense of service.
I highly recommend them to any one passing by Cairo...
Peace
§

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies are great !
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Santos1409
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I have travelled through many countries and I can honestly confess that none of these match the experience I had with Easy Travel Egypt's crew and Museum View Hotel. Unlike other travel agencies and hotels that try to suck your money by quoting elevated prices for tours, the staff of Museum View Hotel and Easy Travel Egypt were quite the contrary. Our budget for this trip lasted twice as much longer as we had expected it to. At first we we had booked our room and tours with Juliana Hotel (also in Cairo) but they hadn't shown up to even pick us up from the airport, despite confirmation that they would. When we called Hany at Juliana Hotel was very rude and said that he didn't have us on his reservation list. We were baffled and quickly googled for an alternative. Glad we did this, because we were graciously welcomed and treated by Rami and Ahmed (the prince) who manage Museum View and Easy Travel Egypt. Their treatment of us, made up for our poor experience with Juliana Hotel. Highly recommend to anyone who wants to be in downtown Cairo close to everything in town! Thanks Ahmed and Rami for taking care of my family and me.

Room Tip: We stayed in the room with a view of the museum...highly recommend it!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family