WINNER WONDERLAND

and 1 more site!
Cairo Center Hotel
Ranked #30 of 48 Cairo B&B and Inns
Pune, India
“Great hotel for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Much spacious rooms. We were 10 in all & have asked for 5 twin rooms.We were given 3 & 4-bed rooms in place of twins! Some of them had too small bath rooms, like the elevator there, that is a different issue. Reception staff was extremely helpful. In fact, they provided vehicle (on payment) for airport transfers & local trips. All were arranged thro' e-mail. Since we had an early flight, the breakfast was also arranged accordingly. Great hospitality. Would love to be there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2011

MIDO! I own you one!
You are the BEST!
Greeting from Romania!
If you are not pretentious, check-in this hotel/hostel!
In fact, in Cairo, you only need a place of station, to rest, bath, change clothes, even have breakfast!
If you want luxury, check-in a ***** hotel!
I hope I will return there!

Room Tip: Decent accomodation!
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2011

The hotel is walking distance to the Egyptian Museum. They offer drivers for hire to take you to several sites, which I felt was safer than taking a random cab; since I was traveling alone, am a female, and can't speak Arabic.
The staff was kind and helpful. No frills hotel, but decent for the price and services.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank MiriamPablo
Mumbai
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2010

i booked this hotel thru their website which promised a free airport pick up if i booked for 3 nights or more, but at the airport there was no sign of them... i bought a local simcard and called them, but got some poorly made up excuses of the car having broken down (much later in my trip while chatting with a fellow traveller in siwa i learnt that this has happened before too!).... the staff was not friendly or helpful, and after getting a large comfortable room on the first night i was shunted out the next day to a tiny room with a lot of noise from the street below.... the breakfast was terrible but that seems to be the norm in almost all budget hotels in egypt!!
on the upside, the location is very convenient and the aircon worked well, and the first night i slept fine...
but the toilets were tiny and the plumbing was poor...
i would also not recommend taking the tours from the hotel as the prices are not very competitive.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank lazygurpal

Travelers are raving about these Cairo hotels

Las Vegas, NV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

I was a little leary arriving at this hotel after reading fellow TripAdvisors' reviews on the staff, service, reviews, etc. When I arrived at the hotel, the manager and staff were extremely friendly and helpful, then asked about our plans for our stay. They offered us a package that included a trip to Giza, Memphis, and Saccara (sp?), a Nile dinner cruise, walking tour, and transfer back to the airport when it was time to check out. All for 800 LE - for two people. Since I didn't know if that was a good deal or not, I declined, and then scoured the internet and talked to other tour people on the streets. It turns out, that the hotel offer was the best I'd come across - by a long shot. There are tour companies online offering just the Nile cruise for 800 LE or more. I talked to the manager again later that night, and I told him my hesitation about booking anything through them because of the reviews I'd read. He told me that they had recently switched tour companies and wanted to improve the hotel's reputation. We opted to do the walking tour on our own, so the total price was 700 LE for two of us, and we were glad we booked through them. Sure, you're still going to need extra cash to tip drivers, service, or if you want extras at the pyramids like horses or camels, etc - but as long as you get good at bartering, you'll get good prices on things.

As for the hotel rooms - ours was big, had TV, and was clean enough. For many Americans, they would think of the rooms more of a budget motel, but all I needed was a bed, shower, and toilet. We didn't see any bugs bigger than the tip of a pencil. It's Egypt folks, there are going to be bugs. But 10,000 scarabs didn't come out of the wall and eat us in our sleep like in the Mummy movies. The shower and toilet are in the same room, but it was fine, and everything worked. Our toilet flush got messed up and the light went out in the bathroom, but they fixed it right away once I told them about it.

Wireless internet was fast and in the lobby area - free if you have your own internet device. They also have a public computer that is free the first 10 minutes and then cheap after that if you don't have a computer.

My wife and I were very glad we stayed here. It's not a 4 star hotel, but it's cheap, and you'll get to know the staff if you're friendly. We actually went out one night with one of them as he showed us his city, his house, and smoked some sheesha (hookah) with him. If you want more comforts, spend the money for the four seasons, but staying here you feel like you're in an Indiana Jones movie in the center of Cairo. Lots of laughs and good memories.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bumpskier176
san francisco, ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2010

We were afraid after reading some negative reviews about this place and rather inexpensive fare. But this place was quite alright. The people who complain forget that they are in Cairo, Egypt not in Europe or North America. If you want super bleached clean and fancy place, go ahead and pay for 5 star hotel. For money you pay (we paid something like $55 for 5 of us in two connected rooms), I doubt you can find better place in Cairo than this one. It is walking distance from Egyptian musuem. A block away from 'GAD' - an expensive chain restaurant we ate everyday.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank psoni
Brittany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2010

This hotel is located in downtown of Cairo, 10 minutes from Museum at the 3th floor
of a building.

Don't trust the pictures, the reception, kitchen and lobby are all together.
Our room was calm, wide, with small TV and a bathroom with shower , toilets.
Sheets were clean as well as the towels. Air conditioner worked very well.
Internet in the lobby is free and wifi available.

The bad point is the breakfast that is terrific and tables are very very dirty...

Staff is not rude but wants to earn money. 15$ for going to airport not in a shuttle but as it has been written in other posts in a private dirty car.
Do not accept from them any tours, take white taxi they are must more cheaper :
For going to Gizey : 30 pounds only and for coming back 40. They have counter.
Do not take white and black taxi

I think in Cairo all hotels are like this one and this one is not the worst.

I was very disappointed by Cairo, the museum is not a museum but more a shed where objects are put everywhere without any explanation. I heard a new one shall be open near Gizey I hope very soon as it is a shame to see all this wonderful heritage let as this. Otherwise regarding the city we were very surprised not to find many restaurants except Mc Do and KFC .. in downtown.
Of course it is one of the most polluted city I have visited...

So my advise : do not stay long time in Cairo or in luxury hotel !

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple