$135
$83
$122
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Hotel Grand Royal(Cairo)(Great Value!)
$23
  • Free Internet
Windsor Hotel Cairo(Cairo)(Great Value!)
$34
$32
All reviewsclose to the airportmix restaurantrooftop poolroom numberhouse keepingbusiness tripvery nice hotelenjoyed my stayheliopolisfellinimrhousekeepingtrafficarabicsecuritypyramidsdriver
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 27, 2010

On the last morning of our stay my luggage was placed outside the room for collection by porter and delivery to foyer ready for group coach to airport. When it was time to board bus my bag was missing. A search of sorts was made without result. The most obvious possibility was that bag was put on another bus. Senior hotel staff were called in but matter was badly handled. A letter was requested from the hotel, setting out the circumstances, to assist with travel insurance claim, if needed. Despite numerous requests this was not forthcoming. If staff had handled problem better and made proper noises I would have left feeling less bitter, with some bag would be found. No bag yet !

• Stayed: November 2010
2  Thank Garry16
Radisson123, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2010

Dear Sir,

Greetings from the Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis.

I would like to extend my sincere apology on behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.

Reviewed November 25, 2010

We stayed one night here arriving late at night and departing early the next morning for Aswan. Check in was efficient despite the presence of a couple of large groups and a television crew shooting some soap! The rooms were large and well equipped.
The toilet looked clean till I detected "poop" on the black granite counter!!! It was past midnight and we had an early flight to catch, so I decided to wipe it down with my precious disinfectant wipes instead of calling housekeeping. Ruined my stay entirely. Hopefully this was one off, because we really liked the hotel otherwise.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Radisson123, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2010

Dear Sir,
Greetings from the Radisson Blu Hotel , Cairo Heliopolis.

I would like to extend my sincere apology for the concerns you have about your experience during your stay at our hotel.

We appreciate the feedback and rest assured that all your concerns was discussed and briefed with relevant department heads to avoid any complain in the near future.

Please accept our apology and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area. If you would like to discuss your experience further with me, please don't hesitate to call me at the phone number listed below.

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Hotel Cairo Heliopolis and we hope to welcome you back some time in the coming future.

Reviewed November 24, 2010

After a long city tour, we have arrived the hotel at 6:00 PM. and our rooms were not ready.
I argued with the reception menager, and a room is given to me in 5 minutes.But some
of my friends said that they had to wait for an other hour at the lobby. The mini bar was empty, no slippers, the shampoo bottels were half filled (maybe partly used)...The Arab guests in the next room were very noisy, I had to knock on the wall several times. The hotel is far away from the center, you can not go out alone. I think the best thing at this hotel was the breakfast (the only 4 star). Cairo is the dirtiest city I have ever seen. But Sakkara, the Pyramids, the Sifenks, the Museum, and a few old mosques, worth going to Egypt.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank Aykon

Dear Sir,

Greetings from the Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis.

Reviewed November 17, 2010

I booked this hotel because of its price and nearness to the airport. Other Radison Blu hotels have been great. The big problem with this hotel was the noise. The first night there was an Arab wedding party that started in the lobby with a mob of people, drums, the shrill of the mizmar, and an instrument like a bagpipe. This took place for about one half hour at about 7 PM. Like most people I went downstairs to capture a little local color and see the affair. The BIG problem arose when the wedding party moved upstairs above my room and partied loudly (especially drums that echoed through the walls) until 1:15 AM. Despite numerous calls to management this noise continued. (I was not the only one calling to complain.) I set up an appointment with the room manager for 9AM the next day to discuss the situation. He was not very receptive to my complaints, especially when I presented him with the card from the room stating "100% satisfaction guaranteed." A discussion, of too long a length ensued, along with phone calls to the general manager. Long story made short, since my reservation was made and paid for on Travelocity they said they were unable to refund any money. Well, I had two more days booked in Cairo after the Radison Blu so I suggested that they give me two free nights and I canceled the other hotel. I also suggested that they throw in a couple free meals, which they did.
One would only hope this would be the end of the saga so I could blissfully go sightseeing in wonderful, delirious Cairo. But the 3rd night (first of 2 free nights) you would not believe it - de va vous - another Arab wedding party in the lobby and then upstairs! I almost came unglued! I called the manager on duty and asked what he was going to do about it. He promptly moved me to suite on a different floor for the next two nights and gave me more free meals (which I suggested). This is a beautiful, brand new hotel with elegant floral arrangements everywhere, nice restaurants, good room service, but it has no idea that its guests might want to sleep!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank alicerabbit
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I stayed at Cairo from 20th - 24th Oct at Radisson Heliopolis.

Its a nice, clean & new hotel. Most suitable for accessability to Airport.
The rooms are spacious, well laid with very good lighting & illumination inside.
The wi-Fi worked extremely well.
The outdoor pool is good on terrace & has timings from early in morning 6.00 AM to 10-10.30 PM in night.
The spa is nice & has a decent Sauna, Steam & Jacuzzi..However, the only problem is there is no dressing area / wash basin / hair dryers are provided within Spa. I dint know how to blowdry my hair after shower.

The breakfast spread is very good but i found it lil expensive at 21.00 USD per person.
The Reward points accumulated for this stay was very Meagre compared to the Priority Club Points (which you get on Inter Continental Hotels) or Hilton HHonors.

Overall - a nice stay.