“They are professional but little thing could make them perfect ........”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis
Ranked #37 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Cairo, Egypt
“They are professional but little thing could make them perfect ........”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

I was happy and satisfied with the overall services at this hotel but Being addicted to quality I have the following remarks :

Check in time should be monitored and reduced. Variety of food in the breakfast buffet.
The attitude of the staff in the morning shift at the restaurant and I mean during breakfast time. They are grumpy and does not seem very happy with what they are doing.

I did like the hotel and the hotel , the service, the cleanness , the housekeeping, security and the staff in the front office ..... they are very good

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank kazozo
Shaza A, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis, responded to this review, February 17, 2014

Greetings from the Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis.

I would like to extend my sincere appreciation for your very positive Score posted in the survey towards the Radisson Blu staff & service. we appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay with us.

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience happened to you during your recent stay assuring that all unfortunate circumstances you experienced were raised with the concerned Department Heads and immediate action was required to fulfill the guest satisfaction and to implement our "Yes I Can!" brand attitude.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu Hotel we would like to thank you and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Shaza Alaa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Milan, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

it's my second time in radisson blu cairo, really it's great for travelers. near to the air port, the shuttle service for free every hour , comfortable rooms ,
helpful people in the concierge .mostafa , i never seen like him .
good and widely breakfast , nice staff at the area.

Try to find the swimming pool on the roof.

1 Thank steven m
Shaza A, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear Mr. Steven,

Greetings from the Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis.

I would like to extend my sincere appreciation for your very positive Comments posted in the survey towards the Radisson Blu staff & service. we appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay with us.

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife booked 3 nights in the hotel to celebrate our anniversary.

Everything was perfect, all the stuff starting the door man till the top management were treating us like we are the owners of the hotel.

Room was very very clean, and the management sent us a small gifts on a daily basis when they knew it's our anniversary.

Food amd restaurant were as perfect as it should be.
Also the business lounge is perfect and the stuff there is so friendly.

Everyone in the hotel was working just to make us enjoy every single moment in our stay.

I highly recommend this hotel if you are in a business trip or if you wanna scape from your daily routine and relax.

Those people really know what they do and they do it perfectly.

Thanks to everyone for making our anniversary unforgettable.

And for sure it will not be my last visit to the hotel.
We had our wedding there and our 1st anniversary and I didnt regret my choice to this hotel for one second.

Really you come to this hotel as a guest and you leave as a friend.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Alaa_Ha
Shaza A, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear Mr. Alaa,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Hotel Cairo Heliopolis.

Cordially, please accept my sincere appreciation for your very positive comments about the hotel staff & services . I’m so delighted to know that we have managed to deliver our promise of the 100% guest satisfaction and assure you a home away from home.

We are most looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again over again at Radisson Blu Cairo Heliopolis.

Lagos, Nigeria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

A very pleasant hotel providing accommodation in every sense.
I happened to be in Cairo on a short business trip which got extended to two weeks. Lodging at the Radisson Blu was a warm experience. I wasn't expecting much going by the very budget friendly daily rates and was pleasantly surprised at all the hotel had to offer.
The hotel is internationally oriented with multi lingual staff capable of conversing in Arabic, English and French. The general presentation of the hotel is modern with a generous utilization of space which allows the hotel breathe. Rooms are well laid out with a great ambience and every amenity needed to make ones stay pleasant; mini bar, broad band internet, cable tv, IDD telephone, pressing iron, hair dryer and even a bathroom scale for the health conscious.
Warm courteous staff enquire into your welfare and offer assistance at every opportunity
A favourite of the hotel is the business class lounge providing every service for life in motion; meals and drinks, a business centre, meeting space and lounge. Faday, a waiter in the business class lounge added a smile to every meal and visit there with his hospitality.
Its needless to say my two weeks went by like a breeze.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the entrance of the hotel have a great view and are well insulated against outdoor nois...
3 Thank Onoriode O
Dear Valued Guest ,

Thank you for sharing your experience in regards to your stay at Radisson Blu Hotel Cairo, Heliopolis.

We are delighted to know that your stay was enjoyable and that you were pleased with the level of service offered by our staff.

Our very best regards from Cairo from the entire team of Radisson Blu and we do look forward welcoming you with us again in the near future.

Sincerely

Cruz Bay, St. John
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

me and my friend decide to write at the sit to thank the hotel bout his hospitality. my friend already write this comment and i want to shear with him his comment
the hotel was so nice and every body is so helpful if you ask any one about any thing you will found the answer about what you want
every body is smile at your face even he is busy and offer for you the help spical the housekeeping at 6 and 5 floor
we work at the sea and we see alot of hotel so when we landing we looking for good service and this what we found at radisson blu i love to thank every body

2 Thank Suresh R
Shaza A, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis, responded to this review, January 29, 2014

Athens, Greece
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

At 04:00am, i had a call from someone idiot from the reception who informed me that the bus is ready and waiting for me. What a pity the corect time for me was 07:30 am, (my flight was at 10:30)

The 3nd bed is terrible, small and the mattress crooked.

22-01-2014 - Room 621 - Nikolaos

2 Thank lanikos
Shaza A, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Mr. Nikolaos,

Greetings from the Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis.

I would like to extend my sincere appreciation for your positive scoring posted in the survey towards the Radisson Blu staff & service.

Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed here 3 times during the last 3 years and I would most probably go back for the fourth time. Due to the continues political unrest in Egypt I prefer to stay near the airport. It's only five to ten minutes driving from Cairo Int. Airport and still inside the city, which forms the perfect location for me.

The rooms are average in size, very clean and well lighted. However in the last visit some signs of aging have been noticed, semi-renovation might be needed soon. But still, overall, the rooms were clean and neat. Beds were cozy, sheets were clean, curtains were blocking the strong morning sun. The internet signal is very weak in some rooms, television is out of date while the minibar was awesome and full of varieties with reasonable prices.

House keeping was convenient and the rooms service was really good, food was warm, delicious and also served for reasonable prices.

The breakfast was OK, other meals were much better. The food quality in general was better than many other 5 stars places in Cairo.

I rarely used the entertainment facilities , the pool is on the roof, normally not a big one. the Shisha bar was over priced with low quality. Better hang out in neighboring cafe's for better Shisha and snacks.

If you are not Egyptian discard the next part. The dark side of any Egyptian's experience in an Egyptian hotel is the staff service. I wouldn't blame Radisson specifically, it's something in the Egyptians mentality that needs years to change. Customer service skills are below zero when it comes to dealing with Egyptian customers. I still doubt that it might be my own perception's problem, the shift from a western country skilled and professional customer service to Egypt's own way of interpreting customer service might be the reason. I try hardly to lower my expectations when I fly to Egypt, but still Radisson staff didn't even meet my lowest expectations. They are always rude, starting from the security at the gates to the front desk representatives. Not to mention their terrible language skills(Noticed some of them trying to speak in English and French) and their awkward skills dealing with unfamiliar situations for them, like paying with AMEX cards for example.

I understand that my complain would be the same if I stayed in any other hotel. It's a function of personnel mentality not a chain of hotels. That's why I wouldn't change my stay next time, at least Radisson gives me what I look for in terms of value and location.

Room Tip: Stay away from wedding parties and the outdoor night cafe.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank H_Gamal
Shaza A, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,