Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis
$148
$122
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Hotel Grand Royal(Cairo)(Great Value!)
$23
  • Free Internet
Windsor Hotel Cairo(Cairo)(Great Value!)
$34
$32
All reviewsclose to the airportmix restaurantrooftop poolroom numberhouse keepingbusiness tripvery nice hotelenjoyed my stayheliopolisfellinimrhousekeepingtrafficarabicsecuritypyramidsdriver
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 21, 2014

At 04:00am, i had a call from someone idiot from the reception who informed me that the bus is ready and waiting for me. What a pity the corect time for me was 07:30 am, (my flight was at 10:30)

The 3nd bed is terrible, small and the mattress crooked.

22-01-2014 - Room 621 - Nikolaos

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank NIKOLAOS L
Shaza A, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Mr. Nikolaos,

Greetings from the Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis.

I would like to extend my sincere appreciation for your positive scoring posted in the survey towards the Radisson Blu staff & service.

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience happened to you during your recent stay assuring that all unfortunate circumstances you experienced were raised with the concerned Department Heads and immediate action was required to fulfill the guest satisfaction and to implement our "Yes I Can!" brand attitude.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu Hotel we would like to thank you and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Once again, thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed here 3 times during the last 3 years and I would most probably go back for the fourth time. Due to the continues political unrest in Egypt I prefer to stay near the airport. It's only five to ten minutes driving from Cairo Int. Airport and still inside the city, which forms the perfect location for me.

The rooms are average in size, very clean and well lighted. However in the last visit some signs of aging have been noticed, semi-renovation might be needed soon. But still, overall, the rooms were clean and neat. Beds were cozy, sheets were clean, curtains were blocking the strong morning sun. The internet signal is very weak in some rooms, television is out of date while the minibar was awesome and full of varieties with reasonable prices.

House keeping was convenient and the rooms service was really good, food was warm, delicious and also served for reasonable prices.

The breakfast was OK, other meals were much better. The food quality in general was better than many other 5 stars places in Cairo.

I rarely used the entertainment facilities , the pool is on the roof, normally not a big one. the Shisha bar was over priced with low quality. Better hang out in neighboring cafe's for better Shisha and snacks.

If you are not Egyptian discard the next part. The dark side of any Egyptian's experience in an Egyptian hotel is the staff service. I wouldn't blame Radisson specifically, it's something in the Egyptians mentality that needs years to change. Customer service skills are below zero when it comes to dealing with Egyptian customers. I still doubt that it might be my own perception's problem, the shift from a western country skilled and professional customer service to Egypt's own way of interpreting customer service might be the reason. I try hardly to lower my expectations when I fly to Egypt, but still Radisson staff didn't even meet my lowest expectations. They are always rude, starting from the security at the gates to the front desk representatives. Not to mention their terrible language skills(Noticed some of them trying to speak in English and French) and their awkward skills dealing with unfamiliar situations for them, like paying with AMEX cards for example.

I understand that my complain would be the same if I stayed in any other hotel. It's a function of personnel mentality not a chain of hotels. That's why I wouldn't change my stay next time, at least Radisson gives me what I look for in terms of value and location.

Room Tip: Stay away from wedding parties and the outdoor night cafe.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank H_Gamal
Shaza A, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from the Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis.

I would like to extend my sincere appreciation for your very positive Comments posted in the survey towards the Radisson Blu staff & service. we appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay with us.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

It was not bad ...but singers (three) were mostly not up to the standard performance, presentation, preparation and vocals.
The mood of the place I didn't like. We were not offered a food menu at all...only drinks! While there was a min charge. Choice of songs also was not a successful area! The sound system was not very good.

The upside was that I get to spend new years somewhere. There is also a nice terrace outside where they provide small blankets for warmth and the staff is more or less friendly

• Stayed: December 2013
Shaza A, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear Ms. Rusha,

Greetings from Radisson Blu Hotel Cairo Heliopolis.

I would like to thank you for your feedback & for taking the time to write about your experience.
We are sorry to hear that our hospitality didn’t meet your expectation, but please rest assured that your comment had been taken seriously in consideration by the hotel’s Management.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Cairo and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I want to thank Miss Nafisa a beautiful smile at the breakfast was interested in my wife and I, I will come back again thank Miss Nafisa again and thank all the staff at the hotel I love the Radisson surprised with the service I received. At the

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank rlimpt c
Shaza A, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you indeed for your superb review regarding your recent stay at Radisson Blu Cairo Heliopolis.

It is of great delight for us to know that our hospitality has met your satisfaction, which makes us very proud of our property and its quality of service . We are most looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again to Radisson Blu Cairo Heliopolis in the near future .

Regards,

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Good location, good price, but the staff are so slow on the front desk it's painful. The rooms can be noisy, the Internet slow but the pool on the roof is fine. Food in the Italian was okay but then in Egypt okay is about as good as it gets, the breakfast was rubbish.

Room Tip: Get them to upgrade to a club room if possible
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank William A
Mohamed_Gabr, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all, let me thank you for taking the time to write about your stay experience at Radisson Blu Cairo Heliopolis

I do apologize for the inconvenience taken place in your latest visit.I have considered your service comments and all other details mentioned in your review. Your valid points were elaborated to all concerned to adapt corrective actions while monitoring our day to day operation.

We do strive to meet and even exceed our guests’ expectation, a factor that we seriously consider to distinguish our hotel from the competition; Thus we continue to be committed to providing you and all of our customers with the highest standards of service. I hope that you will not judge us on this one experience and that we will have the chance to make it right in your next visit and assure your 100% satisfaction.

Yours in service,