“Nice hotel, good service”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis
Ranked #41 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Cairo, Egypt
“Nice hotel, good service”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

A nice hotel overall. nice staff here..ex. Housekeeping Naglaa. okay breakfast buffet. Service very polite and proper.

Clean and good surroundings, nice rooms, and great facilities.

Security is okay, they have the equipment needed. Good shops and nice lobby

Room Tip: good AC and very nice rooms. i had a room at 3 floor. easy to use the elevators.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Shaza A, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis.

I would like to extend my sincere appreciation for your very positive scoring posted in the survey towards the Radisson Blu staff & service. we appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay with us.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu Hotel we would like to thank you and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Once again, thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis.

Shaza Alaa
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Florianopolis, SC
Reviewed September 22, 2012

They offered 3 types of transfer from the airport. Just send them an e-mail to book. For US$ 10 dollars you get the shuttle bus (every 30 minutes), US$ 17 dollars is the private car and US$ 25,00 dollars is the limousine. I choose the private car and they were with a sign with my name before the customs. They gentlemen even helped me with the Visa.
The hotel is about 10 minutes from the airport. The lobby is very nice and the front desk staff is very polite and helpful. The hotel also have a HSBC branch inside the lobby for money exchange.
As my other reviews about hotel, I always mention about my Gluten Allergy. This hotel handled very well. The chef was really helpful and prepared my special food with the all the necessary care.
The room was cozy and looks news. The only problem was a interconnected door with another room. It doesn’t offer any privacy, since you hear every noise from the other guest.
My stay was smooth apart from the Lounge episode. As a Concierge Member I was upgraded to Business Class room which allows you to access the Business Lounge. What a deception. Once I tried to access the Lounge, I was prohibited. The rude gentlemen told me that only my room was upgraded not the services. As a Concierge Member, I should be informed in the check in to avoid this kind of bad experience.
At breakfast they serve plenty of food options, just fantastic.
The swimming pool is on the rooftop but I wasn’t able to use since they were decorating for a party. Pretty annoying as you are a guest and cannot use the facilities that you had paid for it.
Cairo is safe, unlike the media is showing. I didn’t have any problem and didn’t see any kind of disturbances.

Room Tip: Avoid connected rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
MeinradSchibler, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all, let me thank you for sharing your stay experience with our future travelers
It is of my pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Your positive criticism is for sure guidance for us to refine the service we do extend to our guests at Radisson Blu Cairo Heliopolis. The valid points raised have been considered and discussed to assure our guests convenience in the future. I’m also very grateful for your positive comments about the hotel employees that I will share with all of them. We are most looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again to Radisson Blu Cairo Heliopolis.

Best regards from Cairo

Mohamed Gabr
Rooms Division Manager
mohamed.gabr@radissonblu.com
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I am staying in this hotel since last year. I found the location more convinient and accessible if you are on business trip with tight schedule as this property is very close to Cairo International Airport.

Professional and attentive staffs were always noticed during my last 4 stays.

I recommend this hotel for first timers and returning poeple.

Room Tip: Dont take rooms facing the road. Else, Get ready for Cairo honking music from traffic.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Island of Malta, Malta
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is my second time in this hotel, and I am travelling with 2 other friends, and I must say that the staff here made it more comforting and made me feel much more welcome then the first... As they say, there always needs to be a first time! ;) ...all in all, the hotel is really clean, super clean if i may add... and the staff are really friendly and never say 'no I don't have, or no we don't have' - This is my last day here in Cairo, and I dedicated it to enjoy the facilities of the hotel... there is alot to do in this hotel if you are only interested to relax away from the usual hustle and bustle in Malta. The swimming pool on the roof top is super, and one can also order a snack or so there. I must add that the room attendants are really friendly, and Mr. Mohammed Abdelall really went out of his way to make our stay here extreemely satisfying. His approach to us is what we call in Europe, 'sterling service.' The food offered at the buffet in one of the many restuarants is very exiting, and for 169 EGY, that's around 20 Euro, one can eat his heart out! The food is made fresh everyday, and there is always something different at the buffet table. The hotel is a bit far out from the centre, but close to the airport. The hotel is located in Helliopolis, quite close to the massive City Stars shopping and entertainment mall. The Radisson Blu in helliopolis is worth every penny spent! Thank you to your fantastic staff for a fantastic stay and do keep up the good work!! Being frequent visitors to Cairo, you will see us again soon! :)

Room Tip: There are two types, business and regular. The business class give you two of floors on top, with un...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Good hotel for business meeting,
Lower floors are noisy being close to the lobby and restaursnts
Wi fi is fast and reliable
Food varaities in the main restaurant is enough
Food quality is good
Parking is safe and clean

• Stayed September 2012
Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The Hotel is near to the airport which is a good location to stay in it and will be my first choice,
the staff was very friendly all like restaurants, receptionists and the one who clean my room.
food is excellent and service in the hotel was excellent and staff in reception is excellent and very supportive, I recommend this is hotel to all, and I'll go there again.

Room Tip: room was very good
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
DC
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I transited Cairo twice in August. There was only enough time to overnight so I chose the Radisson because of its proximity to the airport. Typical Radisson styled, modern hotel. Spacious rooms, good air conditioning and excellent wi-fi connections. The public areas were clean but the bathroom had hair in the tub on arrival during each of my two stays. Whenever I see that I just automatically suspect the rest of the room of being unclean.

Front desk service was slow. On my first stay I arrived late at night after a long, hot, tiring flight. All I wanted was to give my credit card details and get to my room. It felt like I was with the receptionist for at least 20 minutes (possibly longer), half of which was him insisting that someone on the phone bring me a welcome drink. It became clear I was going nowhere until I experienced the hotel's hospitality. A welcome gesture but I would have prefered no drink and quicker access to a shower. Check-out was speedy and efficient.

On my second transit check-in was very quick. Check-out was another story. I was there on a local holiday but it took almost 30 minutes for a porter to arrive to collect my luggage. Checking out, normally a simple process, took about 15 minutes (I was the only guest leaving). During that time I asked for a taxi to be called but the hotel insisted I take their shuttle. Add another 15 minutes so all in all 1 hour to get out of the hotel. The hotel did provide the shuttle as a complimentary service to make up for the delay.

There is no real difference between a taxi and the hotel shuttle except you control the taxi time. Both are the same price between hotel & airport. There was no difference in quality. The shuttle was as tattered as the local taxi service, actually part of the Cairo charm.

This is a nice hotel and yes, if I transit Cairo I will stay there again because it is comfortable and the most convenient to the airport. However I wil definitely build in lots of extra time to the check-in/out process.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo