Mandarin Hostel
  • Free Internet
Conrad Cairo(Cairo)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We flew into Cairo on the 27th Nov 2011. We had booked the Juliana for our first stay in Cairo. Ahmed was there to pick us up as arranged (on booking the hotel they give you the option of free transfer to the hotel). This is simply a great little hotel, clean rooms, Miriam prepares a great breakfast, consisting of boiled eggs, fresh bread, fruit, spreads and cheese., plus tea or coffee or juice. The hotel is situated on the whole third floor of the building, so it was hard for taxi drivers to find it. There is a bank on the first floor. My husband and I felt like we were home when we stayed there. Jimmy, Ahmad, and Amir were all so friendly and helpful, The rooms are not huge but large enough for a couple, newly renovated bathrooms in each room, we stayed here on three seperate occassions while in Egypt for 5 wks. The one thing I really loved about it was you were free to make yourself tea or coffee anytime, and use the internet.
If you stay here you certainly get value for money. Location wise, its very close to the Egyptian Museum and Islamic and Coptic Cairo are a 15 minute drive. The only negative thing I would say is the lift often didn't work so we had to climb the three floors. Hany and his staff can organise tours for you.We took a tour to the four major Pyramid sites around Cairo, Giza, Memphis, Saqqara, and Dashur. which was terrific.

Room Tip: We had three different rooms, they have ones with balconies, and without, I'd ask for a balcony one.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2012

My family and I had made reservations for Juliana hotel and it was a confirmed reservation! They even charged my credit card with an advance for this purpose. But when we landed, no one was there to pick us up- we were baffled as this was our first time in Cairo and we were being hassled by random taxi drivers and we had a two-yr old with us. My brother called the hotel and Hany at Juliana Hotel rudely refused that we had ever made a reservation with them. He was extremely rude too. We then made our way to our alternative- Museum View Hotel whose staff was quite the contrary. They made up for the terrible Juliana hotel service and even arranged our tours in Cairo and elsewhere while saving us a ton of money with which we could travel to places we couldn't fit within our budget. When we went to confront Hany about our advance, he claimed complete ignorance. We had to dispute the charge with my bank! Lesson learned and we would suggest you reconsider booking with Juliana hotel and book with Museum View Hotel and Easy Travel Egypt or other hotels.

Room Tip: We ended up staying at a different Hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Keren M
Reviewed December 9, 2011

This hotel has excellant location and freindly (mr AHMAD) with hotel team with v good house keeping especialy all rooms with balcones contenenyal breakfast with free coffee and tea all the day plus free take out transport from the airport to the hotel .I will advise all f who are searching cheep nice hotel to book inreinds
PROF. ENGINEER M SWAISEH

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are quieter"
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2011

as it is my 6th time in Cairo, I tried many hôtels there, but if some were very nice and clean, most of them were vey crowdy. For the first time, I can say that I had peacefull sleep, which has no price in Cairo !
By the way, if you stay 4 nichts consequently, a taxi will pick you at the airport at any time.
The staff is more than friendly and as soon as you enter the place, you are considered as one of the family. Thanks to Ahmed, Jimmy, Mariam and Angie - sorry for the one I don't remember the name.
One thing was very important for me, as I get late : You can have your bereakfast from 8 am to 12 ! Even if you leave your room during afternoon, the room wil be cleaned.
I forgot to say that this is a small commun kitchen you can use, either to make sandwichs, make tea and so on ... whis is quite nice because you cannot always afford to go to restaurant, and sometimes you just need to eat salad or else.
At one time, I had small disagrement, as they did not have place for me when I got back from white desert. As I became friend with the coupe I went with, it was ok because we slept in a triple room.

Most of all, Hany the owner and his wife Marianne begun to run a brand new hôtel, which will be of course more expensive because 3 stars and view on Nile, but because of that desagrement I had with my room, they offered a night in this now hostel called "Nile season" - not "for seasons" even if it is very close. My God, I never slept in such a place in whole my life, I just felt like Sheherazade. This place is worth a 4 stars even if it is a 3 stars, and I thinks it would be perfect for honeymoon - Unlikely I'm too old for this -
Sorry if I've bee very long and I am so happy to know all those nice people that it looks as if I was doing advertising.
But jus all I said is so sincere !!!
Noelle

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Noelle_Puget
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I used the hotel pick up, which worked alright although a little crowded. Rooms were clean, showers were a bit of a hazard to try and contain the water into the basin without a curtain, but the water was hot. Area was nice and quiet at night, about a block to the Canadian embassy, maybe a 10-15 min walk to Tahir square/Egyptian Museum. Breakfast is a little basic bread, jam, boiled egg, and coffee.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo