“You get what you pay for- maybe less....”
Review of Arabian Nights

Arabian Nights
Ranked #8 of 54 Cairo B&B and Inns
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“You get what you pay for- maybe less....”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I would not stay here again, even if I had the slightest inclination of going back to Cairo. It was generally a bad experience- no taxi driver can find the place, the air-conditioning is stuck on one temperature, the light in the bathroom was broken, I could feel the springs of the mattresse, the bathroom drain stank, people were shouting outside of the room in the middle of the night and the breakfast was abominable (REALLY bad). Also, the hotel sold us a boat trip down the Nile- with dinner....even if you do decide to stay here, DON'T fall for this- I felt like I was at a budget wedding (lasers, cheesy live music, belly dancer etc) in the 60's, the food was old-age home Sunday roast standard- don't waste your money.

I was also stuck without water in the middle of my shower in the morning...apparently the whole street was dry, but it was the cherry on top of a mountain of disappointment!

Pros: a bed, cheap and good wi-fi...and the location if you want the local downtown slum vibe.

Females, unfortunately I recommend covering up, unless you want to get oggled at the whole time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Robert B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Arabic first
California
Reviewed May 30, 2012

The hotel here is pretty standard. The rooms are decent size, clean and there was a mini fridge in our room, fast wifi, and the location is nice and central in Cairo. You get breakfast included which is bread, eggs, jam & cheese, fruit and coffee which we thought was really good! Where Arabian nights really stands out though is their staff. EVERY single person from Hassan at the front desk to the guys working upstairs at breakfast, even the owner Abraham was BEYOND nice and helpful. Truly I would stay there again just because the staff was so exceedingly friendly. They set up a day tour of all the pyramids for us which was also great. Pics are Amazing! You can see on our travel site [www.chasethesummer.com|http://chasethesummer.com]
I know every places has it flaws, so I'll give full disclosure and say the shower wasn't great ( no pressure when the shower head was on the wall so you have to hold it in your hands) but really it wasn't that big a deal to us, we had a great time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LanaKB
Sg
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Stayed two nights - great location (not as noisy as I expected) if you want to stay in Islamic Cairo. Clean rooms and reasonably priced.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Yangtraveller
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 23, 2012

"spick and span" are the words that i would describe the cleanliness of the hotel.

i am also very impressed with the wifi speed, even from the room. One of the fastest speed i could get during my stay in Egypt.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2012

This is my fourth time over the last three years staying at this hotel. The staff are very friendly, speak very good English and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Rooms are a reasonably sized and very clean with AC and satellite TV.

The rates at this hotel coupled with the friendliness at the hotel has made it a pleasant stay for me. For sure I will return again and again because I feel as though this hotel has become my second home.

Hotel is located close to the Khan Khalili Bazar and the world renowned Azhar mosque and University.

Room Tip: Its best to go with the private ensuite if you are willing to spend that bit more. But there are ba...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank hsa9
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed March 11, 2012

The staff is so helpful and nice. The price is perfect for limited budgets and students. If you want a real feel on Cairo and it's inhabitants, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
New Yorkers in Ladakh
Reviewed February 27, 2012

In historic Darassa, where you can enjoy old Islamic Cairo, this family-run hotel was a pleasure. I had stayed at a 'five-star' hotel Mena House in Giza, and it did not have the personal charm of this place. Breezy shaded area on the roof to read and relax, hospitable owner Mohammed and his family..a welcome one night respite at the end of a journey. Wish I'd heard about it on the front end of the trip....you can walk from the hotel to Alzar park, the Islamic art museum, several famous mosques...

Room Tip: just ask - they will make sure you are comfortable
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo