“Nice hotel, excellent staff!”
Review of Arabian Nights

Arabian Nights
Ranked #8 of 67 Cairo B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 30, 2012

The hotel here is pretty standard. The rooms are decent size, clean and there was a mini fridge in our room, fast wifi, and the location is nice and central in Cairo. You get breakfast included which is bread, eggs, jam & cheese, fruit and coffee which we thought was really good! Where Arabian nights really stands out though is their staff. EVERY single person from Hassan at the front desk to the guys working upstairs at breakfast, even the owner Abraham was BEYOND nice and helpful. Truly I would stay there again just because the staff was so exceedingly friendly. They set up a day tour of all the pyramids for us which was also great. Pics are Amazing! You can see on our travel site [www.chasethesummer.com|http://chasethesummer.com]
I know every places has it flaws, so I'll give full disclosure and say the shower wasn't great ( no pressure when the shower head was on the wall so you have to hold it in your hands) but really it wasn't that big a deal to us, we had a great time.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LanaKB

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Stayed two nights - great location (not as noisy as I expected) if you want to stay in Islamic Cairo. Clean rooms and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Yangtraveller
Reviewed May 23, 2012

"spick and span" are the words that i would describe the cleanliness of the hotel.

i am also very impressed with the wifi speed, even from the room. One of the fastest speed i could get during my stay in Egypt.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 17, 2012

This is my fourth time over the last three years staying at this hotel. The staff are very friendly, speak very good English and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Rooms are a reasonably sized and very clean with AC and satellite TV.

The rates at this hotel coupled with the friendliness at the hotel has made it a pleasant stay for me. For sure I will return again and again because I feel as though this hotel has become my second home.

Hotel is located close to the Khan Khalili Bazar and the world renowned Azhar mosque and University.

Room Tip: Its best to go with the private ensuite if you are willing to spend that bit more. But there are ba...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank hsa9
Reviewed March 11, 2012

The staff is so helpful and nice. The price is perfect for limited budgets and students. If you want a real feel on Cairo and it's inhabitants, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 27, 2012

In historic Darassa, where you can enjoy old Islamic Cairo, this family-run hotel was a pleasure. I had stayed at a 'five-star' hotel Mena House in Giza, and it did not have the personal charm of this place. Breezy shaded area on the roof to read and relax, hospitable owner Mohammed and his family..a welcome one night respite at the end of a journey. Wish I'd heard about it on the front end of the trip....you can walk from the hotel to Alzar park, the Islamic art museum, several famous mosques...

Room Tip: just ask - they will make sure you are comfortable
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank newyorkersinladakh
Reviewed February 21, 2012

After visiting many times Cairo my favorite hotel remain "Arabian Nignts"! welcoming staff, clean room, about 12 euros for one single room! absolutly rare for a hotel in the historic area, close from all activities, amazing monuments, markets n restaurant at really good price. The area is really lifefull and the room are quite at night. I simply highly recommend the hotel for his great familly atmospher, also Ibrahim the owner speaks french, english, arabic..a pleasure to share around a good tea (free anytime). I thanks the staff for there help during my stay n the beautifull surprise u done for my birthday! unforgatable!

Room Tip: Chic and not expensive!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo