“nice hotal”

Ranked #81 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“nice hotal”
Reviewed January 3, 2010

We stayed here for 1 night after flying back from luxor. It is a nice hotel, we stayed on the 6th floor, clean large room with balcony. The all you can eat dinner buffet was pricey, but had delicious veal.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank rietje02

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Arabic first
USA
Reviewed October 1, 2009

I work for an American company that does business in Egypt. I stay in the Triumph on my trips to Egypt and have no complaints. The hotel is always neat and clean, I have found the staff attentive. (Although in the restaurants you sometimes have to get their attention, they are always obliging.) The food is good, although the selection between the two restaurants is sometimes limited. Get to the breakfast buffet early, as they run short on some foods in the last half hour. The surrounding neighborhood is alright and I have walked thorough the shops and purchased food and goods there. I find that Westerners are always treated well and welcomed here in Egypt. You can hear the city from your balcony and, though muffled, through the sliding doors. All I can say is what do you expect, you are in a large metropolis, enjoy it.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Qatar
Reviewed February 9, 2009

A proper hotel with excellent service. I was just very unlucky after changing the first room. Second room was still brand new and had a crack in the window which didn't block any of the city noise. 3rd room, the a/c had an annoying clicking noise, but was fixed. The staff kept trying really hard to please me and make sure I'm satisfied. Ahmad Salem the hotel supervisor was very helpful and was personally there for assistance at most times. If I had never changed from the first room, I would've rated my stay as excellent. Location is perfect and a lot less noisier than city center.Over all, I'd recommend this hotel to anyone who doesn't the absence of a pool and alcohol.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Asia
Reviewed January 3, 2009

Many reviewers do not seem to be aware that a star rating on a hotel does NOT indicate the level of service. It indicates the level of facilities in the hotel; that level is determined not internationally but domestically. So a 5-star in one country may be a 4- or even 3-star in another.

Triumph could be a great hotel. It is located in an upscale residential area. The bedroom and bathroom are reasonably sized. The breakfast room is large and the breakfast buffet has a pretty good spread.

What lets the place down are the lack of toilet amenities, the feeling that the hotel has scrimped on maintenance and the inability to deliver when pressed just a little. These are areas many have rightly pointed out.

For such a hotel, the soap and shampoo looked and felt 3-star. I expected more. The water pressure for shower was anemic. A friend had to use a cup to rinse when the pressure essentially disappeared midway through the shower. True story.

In my case, I had a hilarious story. There was no laundry bag in my room. So I called housekeeping to tell them that I had put my laundry on the chair with the cleaning instructions on top. Then, I thought I’d better call again to tell housekeeping that my room had no laundry bag and so my laundry was not in a laundry bag. When I returned, there was a plastic laundry bag. I opened the bag and found—my unwashed laundry. Whoever had come in had put the laundry in a new bag but no one had followed up to pick up the laundry. I would have made a scene had they billed me but they did not.

In its favour was that when I had to leave early the day after, they packed a good breakfast bag.

• Liked — Breakfast was pretty good
  • Disliked — The bathroom just felt downmarket. And at the end of touring, one spends the most waking time there.
  • Stayed December 2008
UAE
Reviewed November 8, 2008

We booked this hotel because it was listed in Asiarooms website as a 5-star hotel.
Far from it. This really doesn't go beyond a 3-star hotel.
The walls are so thin that you can hear the conversations from other rooms and corridors. The staff are quite noisy at any time of the day and night. You can always hear them talking/arguing in the corridors. To make it worse the hotel is situated on a busy street. The doors to all rooms are quite squeaky. When we pointed this out to the staff they told us that the doors are like that and cannot be changed. The security lock/open on the doors is often faulty. Many times during the same day we had to go to the reception to have our card(key) re-programmed. No matter how often we pointed that out we still had to have them re-programmed almost every day. The staff are quite lazy and unattentive. The food is inedible in any of the 3 restaurants. We spent there 3 nights and were so happy to leave the hotel. Upon my return I contacted Asiarooms.com, seems to be the only website that has this hotel in its program and informed them of my experience. They refused to post it with the lame excuse that we didn't book the hotel through them. I have tried but the answer came back that it was fully booked so I booked on a private basis, relying on the website's info. I think it's awfully wrong to give the travellers such a distorted image of a hotel. It is therefore overpriced. Such a hotel can really spoil a holiday. The rating should be changed for the sake of fairness to the travellers.

1 Thank Concerned_Traveller1

Travelers are raving about these Cairo hotels

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2008

We wanted somewhere close to Cairo airport, but accessible to the city. Reallifeegypt.com booked us in the Triumph for one night. It really is 5* hotel in condition. Didn't eat there, so no comment. In the military area - it's where military officer recruits stay, so safe, too !

• Liked — proper 5* standards
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank chriswarthurs