“good 4 star property with good location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Novotel Cairo El Borg

Novotel Cairo El Borg
Ranked #28 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Bengaluru, India
“good 4 star property with good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed here here with my wife during the fag end of our Egypt trip, good business hotel with clean rooms,clean toilets, and a very nice cute little pool and jacuzzi.Great location overlooking the nile.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank rajarshipanigrahi
NovotelCairo, Manager at Novotel Cairo El Borg, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Dear Madame, Sir ,
First I would like to thank you for choosing Novotel Cairo El Borg
Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward.

Abdellatif Gebril

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bahrain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

Nice hotel in good location just by the "Borg" (the tower of Cairo) right next to it is the 6th October bridge and floating boats of Blue nile and Saraya where you can have dinner and party on weekends.

everything was nice, clean room, clean bathroom and service was nice, very polite employees, the only thing that I didn't like was the noise from a maintenance guy cleaning windows early morning, and I couldn't sleep properly.

I might go back to the same hotel but after I make sure that there is no maintenance work in it. since it has a quite location, because generally in Egypt drives use the horns alot, even if the road is empty.. wierd!!!

Room Tip: Avoid the main road windows (nile view) drivers use the horns alot. check the room before you check...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank BuDavid
Dear Sir,
First I would like to thank you for choosing Novotel Cairo El Borg

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward.

Santa Barbara, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed here for 2 weeks!

Internet was WAY overpriced at 700 Egyption Punds per week and that was per machine! Too expensive for Egypt. Also- THERE IS NO BAR!!!! They do not serve alcohol. I was so shocked. It was really inconvenient to have to go to other hotels for a drink! The attached travel agency overcharged me for their car service a couple of times.....changing the price last minute.

Not everything was bad......room service and restaurant staff were nice and professional.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the main road may be better because rooms facing the Tower have to endure late evening...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Dear Madame,Sir
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Cairo El Borg. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Front desk staff lazy and unhelpful, I saw/heard several guests loosing their cool with them. Never got my wake up call - good thing I backed up with my iphone alarm. Had to have my room key replaced 4 TIMES in a 1 night stay. Had to ask 3 times for a extra pillow and ice bucket. Hotel is dry so if you like a cocktail/beer/wine there are a FEW other hotels in this area that supply, we had a mini fridge that was completely empty no soda or water but wouldn't have mattered anyway as it's only for show, it doesn't get cold at all !

I am a world travel and Cairo was the worst place I have been, thank God we only spend 1 night and a day to tour and then GET OUT! There is garbage everywhere, the worst infrastructure ever seen (ugly) - buildings are falling down every way, I have never seen thicker smog in my life the air pollution is unbelievable, beggars are very aggressive even with a local guide to back them off. The Nile river is a joke and filthy, it's full of flashing disco light boats all pumping out there own music trying to be louder then the next, we had to sleep with ear plugs but that still didn't do the trick completely, it went on until 3am in the morning.

I'm happy to have seen the ancient sites but I will NEVER go back!

Room Tip: There are other hotels for the same value that have a liquor license if that is something important...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LaBelle7226
NovotelCairo, Manager at Novotel Cairo El Borg, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Sir , Madame
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent
stay at Novotel Cairo El Borg.
We have noted your comments with regard to the absence of alcoholic drinks in the bar and the standard of hospitality provided by reception staff, and we can certainly appreciate your disappointment, please accept our apologies.
We value all feedback that we receive from our guest and will use it constructively towards improving the service that we provide In the same way, the front office staff has been advised of your comments.
They have been reminded that maintaining a high standard of hospitality is an essential part of their daily work. Every measure has been taken to ensure that all our guests are greeted with courtesy and professionalism.
Satisfying our customers is of paramount importance and I hope we will have an opportunity to demonstrate our commitment and regain your confidence in our service.
Yours sincerely,
Abdellati Gebril
Penang Island, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Great central location in Cairo, every aspect was good except I find it weird & unacceptable that they do not allow us to take photograph in restaurant where we are now in the world of social media. Not only it causes some dissatisfaction to guest but also losses another chance of promoting via social media

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TommyOoi
Dear Madame,Sir

First I would like to thank you for choosing Novotel Cairo El Borg
we very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Cairo El Borg , regarding the photos in the public areas as we value the privacy of other customers , I assure to you that it was a misunderstanding we apologized for it.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel Cairo El Borg

Riyadh, Ar Riyad, Saudi Arabia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

people at the front office not skilled at all and not professional. They told us that the roof was available for us all times, but every time i wanted to enjoy the view at the evening it wasn't available. This also applies to the gym which they told us was available all times but it turned out that it was available all times EXCEPT 6 pm and they did not inform me with this information before.
They also had this place called "Arjeela" which they always add things to your bill that you did not order. So every single time i bought stuff from there i have to call them and tell them that i did not buy what they put in my bill which was a waste of time and it's something not even close to professionalism.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mansour A
NovotelCairo, Manager at Novotel Cairo El Borg, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Sir

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

Service was good, Room have good view on Nile, some Noise from the restorant in night.
Location very good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sir
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experienceI , we very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Cairo El Borg.
Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward .
thank you.