“thanks all stuff”
Review of Nubian Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cairo
Nubian Hostel
Ranked #36 of 128 Specialty Lodging in Cairo
Reviewed December 31, 2010

The hotel is very clean and recently remodeled. The location is great right near the subway and center of downtown.

The staff is very helpful and friendly. They provided a lot of information about Egypt and how to travel around the city and country even on a budget.

The beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms are very clean. Breakfast is good also.

I have traveled the Middle East for a long time and this is the best place I could find with affordable rooms and a nice atmosphere.

It is quiet and safe. It is a great place to relax after visiting all the sites in Cairo or if you need to stop for a transit stop for overnight.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed December 22, 2010

i love this place becouse when i was there i enjoy i fell im in my home its good people their i will come back agin thanks for all people thier

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 10, 2010

The Nubian Hostel is a perfect place for people looking for a nice and cheap accomodation in a central location. The staff at the hostel is always willing to help. One can surely not expect german standard but it´s a perfect place for a short trip to Cairo, close to most of the major attractions, such as Egyptian Museum, Tahrir Place, Cairo Tower, ...
Thanks to Magdi (the boss) and his staff. I´ll be back!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 4, 2010

I got there quite late, and they charged me 30 dlls, instead of 25 or 20 which usually charge, because i didn't book. My Room, which I guess is next to some mummy because it stinks like death people, and is full of insects, mosquitoes and bed bugs.

Sheriff is very friendly, yes, but is also pushing to all guests to write nice comments in trip advisor. I asked him for the internet password access, and he took my laptop to write it himself, and he open the website and start clicking in the best reviews for the hostel, then he asked me to write nice comments on it, and I did, I was the one who wrote he went with me to the clubs, which is not true, and the rest of stuffs is there, which personally I didn't agree and refuse to write my e-mail!!, and he's so not that smart that he wrote his own :s ... hahaha...

anyway, the place is the worse hostel I've ever been, is not clean at all, is located in a very noisy area, the breakfast is just a cup of tea, and there's BED BUGS!!!, I really don't recommend anybody to go there, since the price is compared to any 3 star hotel in cairo. and i think the building is just about to fall anyway.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 29, 2010

We were vacationing in Egypt for 2 weeks (Sharm El Sheikh, Cairo, and Luxor).

We stayed in Cairo for 1 week at the Nubian Hostel. When we arrived we were greeted warmly. The receptionists are Sherif and Abrahim and provided great service. When they are on shift, they are always helpful with directions, breakfast, etc. The service is excellent. I had a stomach problem when we arrived and Abrahim brought up two cups of herbal tea to help my stomach which it did.

The hostel itself is fairly typical for Cairo. Buildings are old from a different era, so there are constant renovations happening, and elevators are not always present. The hostel is located on the second floor, so it was fine if you are traveling with two rucksacks and a roller bag. We saw a few of the rooms and all the rooms are clean. The bathrooms are clean, but could use a little improvement. There is one lounge, and its cozy and comfortable.

The location is excellent. It is a 5 minute walk to the Egyptian Museum, 3 minute walk to Sadat Metro Station (which is great to go to Giza), and there are plenty of shisha bars, local restaurants, and American fast food (KFC, McDonalds, Hardees) all within a 5 minute walk. Overall, the stay was pleasant and inexpensive, so if you are on a budget Nubian Hostel is a good deal.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2010

I liked the Nubian Hostel becuase it is very clean,safe and situated in a down town. Mr Majdi are very cooperative and nice person. All the staf is also very nice and cooperative, especially Mr Sharif. Its my advice to go to such a place.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2010

This is the first time I have stayed at a hostel. I didn't stay because I was on a budget, but just to do it. This hostel is pretty old but the room was clean but small.

Definitely a no frills place to stay. I didn't have breakfast, so I don't know how good the food was.

I didn't think I was a spoiled traveler but I have to admit, having no frills, I was longing for some creature comfort.

I did have a private bathroom, but this is the first place I have stayed at where the sink, shower and toilet were all in the same room with no partision between them. I will try to provide a picture. Basically, if you showered, the floor would be wet,so if you needed to use the toilet later, make sure you have some shoes or slippers on.

The guys at reception were great and helpful, especially Gamal. I did book a city tour with them, but I wouldn't do it again with them. Basically, the city tour was a taxi driver willing to take you to the spots you wanted to go to. He would just drop you off at a certain place and tell you how much time before he would pick you up. My idea of a tour is to give some background of where you are going.

All in all, for the price, it was very good ( about 18.00 usd ) a night and a free pickup from the airport.

If I ever visit Egpyt again, I would pick a place that has a pool.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo