“Recommended business hotel”

Ranked #14 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Budapest
“Recommended business hotel”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We unintentionally spent one night in this hotel after our aircraft got diverted to Cairo Airport due to a medical emergency on board.
We arrived in the middle of the night and it took the crew six hours to arrange visa and hotel for all passangers. The circumstances were not ideal, to stay the least, we were all tired and were unable to take anything from the aircraft and we were affraid what kind of hotel they would take us in the middle of the night.
It is very close to the aiport, approx. 5 minutes drive by bus. The hotel staff were very friendly and polite and seemed a lot more professional than we expected after having a couple of bad experiences in Egypt during our earlier visits.
The hotel was very clean and good quality. It is also huge with several wings and hundreds of rooms. The lobby area is beautiful with several restaurants and small shops.

We stayed there for half day, had a decent lunch and got transported back to the airport to continue our journey.

Did not have much time to explore the hotel services or its vicinity but I would definitely book this hotel if I retrurned to Cairo for any reason.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
FairmontTowers, Assistant Manager at Fairmont Heliopolis, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable review.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Fairmont Heliopolis & Towers. We are also delighted to know that you liked our rooms’ amenities and enjoyed the service. We hope you have the chance to try our exquisite dining options available at Fairmont Heliopolis & Towers.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at Fairmont Heliopolis & Towers

Gylane Aboulkheir
Assistant Manager, Internet Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We stayed here as part of a wedding party, and compared to other Cairo hotels, our experience here was very memorable in a good way. Check-in took just a few minutes, and our bags were sent up to our rooms promptly. Again, if you're familiar with Cairo hotels, check-in can take a very long time and bags often take their sweet time before reaching your room! The rooms were surprisingly spacious, as was the bathroom.

Upon our request for an extra bed for our daughter, we had a spring mattress and bedding brought in very shortly thereafter.

Room service was good, as were the various restaurants in the lobby that we tried out.

The service is what does it for this property, even though the building, decor and overall ambiance is superb. My mother needed a wheelchair several times throughout the weekend, and at every point in the large hotel where we asked for one, a wheelchair and porter were provided right away. Moreover, we were almost always offered a place to sit and rest until the wheelchair arrived. Amazing service, and a wonderful experience overall.

Room Tip: There are two properties with the same name. The "Tower" refers to the newer addition to...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Lismore, Australia
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Stayed here at the end of our tour around Egypt. Having stayed at the Fairmont Nile City at the start of our tour and loving it we were hoping for the same and were not disappointed.
Service from start to finish fabulous though on check out they need to be aware of first come first serve.
Complimentary shuttle to airport was appreciated.
Rooms large and clean - though need to ensure they wipe the underneath of the bowl as when the light is switched on you see streak marks all over it like they have sprayed cleaner then forgotten to remove it.
Had dinner in the Italian restaurant which is only one of many to choose from ( Thai, Chinese, Japanese Teppanyaki, french cafe/steak , alcarte, pub,lebanese... might be another) and the service was wonderful though they took a long time to bring the bill. The Rague pappedelle pasta that my husband ordered was over salty but were given a gelato dessert to compinsate which he loved.
As breakfast is not included but price of room good $145AUD we had a coffee n pastry at the French cafe in the morning prior to leaving to airport. Service wonderful but again trying to ask for a bill then pay was a lot of effort.
Would not hesitate to stay with Fairmont again, even in Egypt.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
FairmontTowers, Manager at Fairmont Heliopolis, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable review. We are glad you enjoyed your overall stay at Fairmont Heliopolis & Towers. We are also delighted to know that you liked our rooms and enjoyed your dinner at Leonardo; our Italian restaurant.

Regarding the delay of your bill at Leonardo and our French patisserie; Le Marche, kindly note that your comment has been taken into consideration by the hotel management who are refining service process to ensure that the stay of each guest is a memorable one. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that have happened.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at Fairmont Heliopolis & Towers.

Best Regards,
Mirette Ramzy
Marketing Manager
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed March 4, 2012

It's actually my second time staying at this premises! Went there two years ago and stay more than 3 nighs. This February 2012 I just need a place for transiting only and the choice is come automatic that Fairmont Heliopolis would be the place to be.

What I like is the location and the size of the room is good enough. The internet is quite fast and overall is descent place to be for few days if required especially for business alike

What I don't like is that the breakfast is not included, and the the room services didn't do their job properly. Since I am on transiting only, I no need to go out and really want to maximized my time for rest. I order some meals to the room, and the order taker actually was quite nice and efficient. he promised me 30 minutes later the food will be ready and send to the room.

30 minutes passed and I still don't want to call back since I understand perhaps they are some orders as well. 45 minutes to the next one hour I start wondering what was happening to my order. I call back the number and asking if my order is ready or not. The guy who received the call asking me back if I would like to cancel my order?

I said to him that no I didn't want to cancel my order I just asking if the food is ready. He asked me again, what was my order. I explained what I have order and again he said sir wait 30 minutes.

Is almost midnight and I getting tired, and close the phone and make my complain to the receptionist who kind enough put me in touch with the duty manager in charge at night.

I praise their sincere and send me the exact meal I ask with additional sweet pastry as a complimentary (although I am willingly to pay the bill since I ask for it)

Again, this is just my personal experience and could be vary to other.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Wijaya_Randu
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 4 wonderful nights in December 2011. It is an expensive hotel but as compared to its service and facilities it is ok. starting from car park it costs me 50 egyptian pounds equal to almost 8 dollers for 24 hours. People working at the reception are very friendly and helpful. The hotel from inside is perfect the hotel halls and the restaurants and the glass ceiling with a lot of magnificent places to sit and relax. You can feel that you are in oasis inside of Cairo. The breakfast buffet restaurant has a lot of food kinds with 2 places for smokers and non-smokers. The rooms and the toilet are so clean. But the view from my room was not so good because i was in 3rd floor. I would recommend this hotel for couples and business men especially because of its close proximity to the airport

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank m_badran80
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I stayed in the Fairmont Heliopolis when I was in Cairo on a business trip earlier this month. They offer a meet & greet service at the airport which is great since they take guests through the VIP line and therefore one is out of the airport in a jiffy.

The hotel rates are very good value for money and rooms are clean and spacious with very good amenities. Free wifi is always beneficial when I travel on business. The hotel along with the next door Fairmont Tower is quite large. Due to the current situation in Egypt, tourists and business travellers are few and far between so staff are quite attentive and responsive to requests like late check-outs, breakfast vouchers and so on.

The hotel has a very good variety of options for food and drink. Breakfast quality can however be improved. The breakfast area has very few waiters and service can be a slight problem even when the restaurant isnt full.

The Fairmont Towers next door seemed like a more lavish property but I wasnt able to eat or drink there due to lack of time.

The hotel is a short 10 minute drive away from the airport so unlike the other hotels around Tahrir Square, Fairmont would be safer place to stay in.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank anil d
FairmontTowers, Manager at Fairmont Heliopolis, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Fairmont Heliopolis & Towers. We are also delighted to know that you liked our rooms’ amenities and enjoyed the complimentary WIFI. We hope you have the chance to try our sixteen exquisite dining options available at Fairmont Heliopolis & Towers.

Regarding the breakfast quality and service, kindly note that your comment has been taken into consideration by the hotel management. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that have happened.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at Fairmont Heliopolis & Towers.

Best Regards,
Mirette Ramzy
Marketing Manager
Milan, Italy
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I stayed several times in Fairmont Heliopolis for business. Perfect modern rooms, friendly staff and very very clean. Perfect for both business and leisure.

With mild warm weather you will enjoy the swimming pools and the other garden amenities, especially the open air restaurant in the evening.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business