Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$129
Hotels.com$129
eDreams$129
Travelocity$129
Priceline$129
ZenHotels.com$146
All reviews city stars self catering citystars shopping mall holiday inn coffee machine big mall special thanks other hotels front desk staff memorable stay feel home clean hotel close to the airport amazing hotel staybridges kitchenette rehab
Selected filters
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Have been here for many months and the staff are most curteous and the other guests are exceptionally friendly. However, this hotel seems to still have IT systems being run by improperly trained people who put system technology above guest service.

Last week the hotel switched to a differant internet software package that runs inbetween the computer and the web. That's right - all computer activity is buffered and tracked by the hotel. Almost as bad, the new system was installed before it had even been alpha tested. The guest complaints caused the hotel to pull the plug on the new system, reinstall the old system and promise to not ever change systems again unless they had a fully tested non-tracking system that had been proved at other properties first.

Afraid this promise was from fantasy of the Arabian Nights, for today the system has disconnected my computer four times, the NOMADIX screen pops up to buffer and track all web activity and critical communications have been lost or delayed.

Guest services five stars.
Room product four stars
Technology - a string and two tin cans would give more bandwidth and reliability.

Room tip: Bring a dongle so you can connect to the outside mobile phone service.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank E N
Islam S, Manager at Staybridge Suites Cairo - Citystars, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Guest,
Let me seize the opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your time to provide us with your valuable comments. It is always through our guests' feedback that we can measure our performance and improve the shortfalls.

You have covered all the details about the place, service and staff, and this really gives us a clear picture about your experience. First of all, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience encountered while trying to access the internet. This happened during the transitional period of upgrading the internet service at the Hotel through a third-party company. The aim of this upgrade is to secure the Wi-Fi access by preventing non-guests to access the internet, and accordingly maximize the internet speed for a better usage. Being keen to make your time more productive as one of our valued guests, we took prompt response with the IT personnel by visiting your suite personally as soon as the upgrade has been accomplished to make sure that the internet is running successfully and that you’ll not experience such a shortfall in the future.

I would like also to thank you for recognizing our efforts to invest in our people as our goal is to place our guests in the heart of everything we do, and to provide them with the highest level of service.

It is truly a pleasure to serve you and we hope you’ll have a good experience with our service at the Staybridge Suites Cairo Citystars.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been living in Staybridge since November 2013. I have opportunities to move out into an apartment but here's what I would miss: Nagwa, Rehab, Adel & Abdullah (two of the chefs), Mira, Sameh, Marian, Amir, Mahmoud(s), Mohamed(s), Amin and so many more supported by one of the most effective leaders I have seen for a long time; Islam. Always a welcoming personal reception, attention-to-detail housekeeping, swift responsiveness to needs among so many other benefits. The key to their success is that they do not see the customers as customers, they treat them like friends (dare I say family?) involving everyone in recreational activity such as the football matches, own-a-plant initiatives, throwing surprise celebrations on birthdays, anniversaries and seasonal events. The complimentary evening buffets on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays create much needed opportunities to socially interact with the Staybridge community which is so helpful to new people. I am a regular user of the gym which is always kept in perfect working condition. Everyone is willing to go the extra mile to satisfy the customer's needs, always with a smile. Situated in Citystars, it is at the doorstep of one of the highest profile shopping malls in Egypt boasting designer & local shops, wide variety of local and international eateries and one of the nicest cinemas in the city. It is also about 20 minutes away from the airport making it convenient for regular travellers. In summary, this really is my home away from home and I thank Islam and all his colleagues for making it so.

Room tip: The Staybridge team will allow you to check out more than one room/apartment (subject to availability of course) before selecting the one you want. All the rooms are of a high standard and you can rearrange furniture around to suit your needs.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank SamT750
Islam S, Manager at Staybridge Suites Cairo - Citystars, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Dear valued guest,

We would like to thank you for staying with us at the Staybridge Suites and for your time to provide us with your valuable comments. Our aim is to consistently deliver to our guests the best kind of service and quality expected from our Brand as it is truly rewarding when our guests recognize our efforts in such a positive manner.

We've made a commitment to place our guests in the heart of everything we do. Thank you for recognizing our efforts to invest in our people and we are proud to make your stay outstanding.

It is with celebrating our guests birthdays, anniversaries, and other memorable occasions and activities that we enhance our “like family” behavior.

Once again, I would like to thank you for sharing your delightful experience with us, which has been shared with all concerned colleagues, and looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again in your second home in Egypt

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I've been here for more than 2 years and I just love the place. Very professional, nice and helpful staff, great rooms, good amenities, I really feel at home with the benefits of a hotel. In addition, there are other long-term stayers and it really feels like the 'StayBridge family'. Yesterday we organized with the staff a birthday party for 3 of the guests, it was a lot of fun. A special thanks to Eslam, Mira and Ahmed for the good management, to Sameh, Mahmoud, Marian for being always pleasant at reception, to Nagwa who always makes sure everyone is happy at breakfast and dinner, Wael (security) who sends you off to work smiling thanks to his nice poems, Mohamed, the best room attendant who has just been upgraded to supervisor (I was happy for him but so sad to loose him!), and of course everyone else who's names I don't know and who contributed to making my stay unforgettable.

Room tip: My advice: the higher the floor, the more quiet it becomes + avoid the street side. However, by being on the street side, you get sunlight until late afternoon, it's very pleasant. Make sure you look at different rooms, as they have different layouts.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank JosyRai
Islam S, Manager at Staybridge Suites Cairo - Citystars, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Ms. Josiane,

It was our pleasure being at your service for more than 2 years and for making you feel at home and part of the Staybridge Suites family. We’re glad that the accommodation, service, and colleagues meet your expectation.

We’ve made a commitment to create a culture based on placing our guests in the heart of everything we do. We would like to thank you for recognizing our efforts to invest in our people and we are proud to make your stay unforgettable.

Sharing such events with our guests like birthdays, anniversaries, and others will make our guests' stay more memorable and will enhance our "like home" spirit.

Your encouraging comments have been shared with all concerned colleagues as reinforcement to them to continue their efforts to make it the best place in Cairo.

Thanks again for your kind words and for the support you extended to us.

We would be more than pleased to welcoming you again at the Staybridge Suites Citystars, your second home in Egypt.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed for three nights at the end of a tour of Jordan and Egypt.

I was upgraded to an Executive One bedroom suite and all I can say is wow. Nice layout, fully fitted kitchen, balcony if you can ignore the noise from the streets below and powerful shower.

Another bonus is the basement laundry, the fitness room and the close proximity to citystars shopping mall - literally twenty meters across the basement parking lot. There is a Hypermarket Spinneys in the Citystars mall, where you can stock up on groceries, there is also a pantry at the hotel reception - they sell wine and beers, for those who wish to indulge.

There is also a fabulous shop in the mall called Mobaco - they have some very nice cotton trousers, shirts and sweaters for very reasonable prices.

The staff at reception were very efficient and friendly.

Note I came from Giza in afternoon rush hour and it took me close to two hours to get to the Hotel and I am still amazed I am alive - Egyptian taxi drivers have a unique way of driving - not for the fainthearted - it was a EGY Pound 40 ride. I took the hotel limousine to the airport for EGY Pound 60 but the driver will in all likelihood charm a hefty tip out of you.

Would definitely stay again and highly recommend it.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank libica
Islam S, Manager at Staybridge Suites Cairo - Citystars, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear valued guest,

We would like to thank you for staying with us at the Staybridge Suites and for your time to provide us with your valuable comments. It is truly a pleasure to serve you and we’re glad that you had a good experience and were satisfied with the accommodation, service, and staff.

Being a Platinum Priority Club Member, we are more than happy to always offer you an upgrade from 1 bedroom standard suite to 1 bedroom executive as part of our recognition in case we have this type of suites available.

The layout of our Hotel is designed to make our guests feel cozy and comfortable like home. That’s why it's all provided with comfortable furniture, fully equipped kitchens, and self-laundry.

We’re also keen to have an internal entrance from the Hotel to Citystars Mall for the safety and security of our guests and to save their time as well.

Once again thank you and we look very much forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

The Staybridge suites are awesome! The price is half of that of the intercontinental hotel, the breakfast is included so is free coffee in the lounge 24hrs! U get a full kitchen in the suite and instant access to the mall and the intercontinental amenities and pool just by using the inside connections :-) laundry machines r also free to use which I very convenient!

Service was great the wifi was fantastic.

Best part about this hotel however is really the safety. As a Canadian Egyptian and a woman going to Cairo alone I felt safe and secure all the time no exceptions. Whatever was going on on the street I never felt a thing :-) great place and its where ill stay in Cairo from now on!

Date of stay: February 2013
5  Thank nana2727
Islam S, Manager at Staybridge Suites Cairo - Citystars, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear guest,

Let me seize this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your time to provide us with your valuable comments which are greatly appreciated.
We’re glad that you are having a good experience and are satisfied with the accommodation and service. Our suites are designed to deliver a perfect home away from home culture.
As for the safety and security of guests, it is one of our top priorities, and we do really appreciate recognizing it.