“fantastic Thai stay”

Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo
Ranked #12 of 141 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed a wonderful night at this hotel which mix the culture of the far and middle east .the front desk is so welcome my room was at pool view which is so nice the room was large and tidy. There are oriental and Thani restaurant. People in the hotel are so nice

Room Tip: My room was at pool view which is so nice and it was large tidy with king size bed large LCD, boile...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Dusit Worldwide Co. Ltd
1  Thank heshamrateb
DTLCairo, General Manager at Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Mr. Rateb,

I highly appreciate your precious time taken in posting this review and would like to cordially thank you for your complimentary feedback.

On behalf of Dusit Thani Lake View Cairo Team, We do promise to continue ensuring our guest’s satisfaction with a pleasant memorable experience.

All of us are eagerly waiting to welcome you back to Dusit Thani Lakeview Cairo.

Ahmed El Hady

Write a ReviewReviews (1,373)

Reviewed March 13, 2014

The suite was amazing design me and my husband enjoyed it so much . Veey luxiorious furniture with thai style bathroom and the suote spac onsidered big and comfortable. We also enjoyed the food room service was very tasty and the complimentaey cake. We will come again for sure.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank nohabakr
DTLCairo, General Manager at Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We had meeting last week in the hotel we like so much the food taste and the service was amazing ..the asian ladies are very delightful they helped us a lot in our training workshop tools and equipments. The venue itself is nice and we are planning to stay there for our rest of meeting events.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Peter,

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I had the best experience of my lifetime during the stay in the Hotel.Excellent Breakfast buffet was one of the best thing to award a Vote.Being located in a remote area offers a calm and pleasant stay for business travels and gatherings. Amicable staff and excellent travel desk which offers tour packages with a professional tour guide at reasonable costs. You could enjoy swimming in a heated swimming pool and Jacuzi.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Swimming pool have a better scenic view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
DTLCairo, General Manager at Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I have stayed here, and really enjoyed my visit. I use it mostly to host prospective staff here for interview. It is excellent and the many staff who have stayed there comment on the first class facilities and friendliness of their staff. Soundly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 3, 2014

This is now the third Dusit Thani hotel that I've stayed in. I believe that they are trying to compete with the Marriott's and InterContinental's of this world; they are close, but no cigar.

The décor of this particular hotel is very modern, especially the reception, lobby and public areas with acres of white marble and high roofs. Check-in went seamlessly though I would echo that the bellboys etc are looking for tips and do want to take care of my carry-on baggage, when I could manage it myself.

The rooms are fine. But... I booked a Club Room. Part of the extra expense was supposed to be daily fruit, welcome drink etc., but none of this happened - if they don't do it, don't claim to do so. I found the room comfortable and slept fine (and I'm normally a poor sleeper).

I note several people talking about views. Well, the only view worth having is that of the pool - you must book these rooms, as the hotel is completely surrounded by building sites, this being in the new part (fifth settlement) area of Cairo. So, if you don't get a pool room, you'll be disappointed.

Also, for being in a Club room, I had access to the Club Lounge which was fine by comparison to others. Some points to note though; one day it was closed for breakfast as the person with the keys was stuck in traffic. One advantage is that you can order food from the room service menu to eat hear, if you want more than the buffet spread. Also, the Club Lounge was freezing - many guests had to ask the hotel staff to switch off the air conditioning as it was unbearable at times. They would then do so, but when that guest left, I noticed that the staff turned the A/C back on again.

All in all, I'd probably stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose a Pool View room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
DTLCairo, General Manager at Dusit Thani LakeView Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for your precious time taken in posting this review and would like to cordially thank you for your complimentary feedback.

I highly apologize for the inconvenience occurred during your respected stay.

On behalf of Dusit Thani Lake View Cairo Team, We would like you to kindly give us the future opportunity to better enhance your stay that we do promise to be up to your satisfaction.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

The pool, the room, the hotel, the staff was by far amazing. One of the best hotels I've visited in Egypt. It really felt like we left the country. We were there for a romantic getaway and it surpassed our expectations for sure. However, we made the unfortunate mistake to visit Izumi restuarant because I was in the mood for sushi, the restaurant was situated awkward in the middle of a hall way, between the elevator/stairs and the ballrooms for weddings. We often saw janitors, brides, bridal parties, guests walk buy the table. It was noisy, with no ambiance' privacy and with the lack of variety (most of the sushi was fried) it fell very short of a good sushi restaurant.The rooms (especially the shower and bath tub), the customer service, the garden outside, the infinity pool, the jacuzzi, the breakfast was outstanding. If you're looking for luxury this is your hotel!

Room Tip: Get the Pool View!! Its gorgeous!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Dusit Worldwide Co. Ltd

Dear Mr. Mahmoud,

I highly apologize for the inconvenience occurred during your respected stay.