“Amazing View - Average Food”
Review of Sequoia

Sequoia
Ranked #9 of 4,227 Restaurants in Cairo
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mediterranean, Egyptian
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 31, 2013

The view of that restaurant is magnificent. Ideal for a special occasion , you simply cant stop gazing the river and the city lights. The atmosphere is really nice and you feel the luxury everywhere.
Normally one would expect some special food and wine selection -- and that was a disappointment. Food was ok, however there was really limited selection in the menu, no specific drinks menu (we ordered wine without even knowing the price and the kind) and last but no least, you had to use the menu (which was actually a piece of paper) as tablecloth under your plates !!!
As I mentioned, food was ok, but nothing to be remembered -- and offcourse it was highly overcharged --- I wouldnt mind paying the same bill for a gourmet restaurant or for something really special, but for these plates, I'd say it didnt worth it

Write a ReviewReviews (1,833)

Reviewed December 29, 2013

In last night we went to Sequoia We had some appetizers East and the atmosphere was excellent and the service was great and everyone was smiling and I was watching the Director on all tables restaurant to visit customers and the specification of the restaurant were wonderful visit excellent and will I return later thanks

Reviewed December 16, 2013

We spent four evenings in Cairo, and this was the only one that I can describe as truly amazing. We tried Abu El Sid (our first dinner) and Cairo Tower (our third), but this was the only place that gave us one of those 'magical moments'. Fantastic atmosphere, great service, and delightful food. Great shisha as well. Unfortunately, like so many venues in Cairo the only thing lacking here is a decent wine list, but we eventually found a red cab sauv from South Africa that did the trick. IMHO, all things considered, this is *the place* to go in Cairo.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I joined some executives from a major international food processing company for business discussions at this venue at their recommendation. It is contemporary and Nile side. In fact, it is built right on the Nile.

Years ago, I remember this as an Andrea restaurant - one in a chain of famous grilled chicken and tourist favored restaurants sprinkled around Cairo. But this venue was too good to waste on grilled chicken - not that the grilled chicken wasn't excellent. So it changed hands, given a new name and was updated with slick graphics and a "meeting place" cachet. And it certainly lives up to this reputation - crawling with slick, vivacious, upscale Egyptian young women and men.

The food isn't bad either!

I had a fresh pomegranate juice and followed that with Alexandria style chicken livers and vine leaves. It's all I wanted and it was served promptly and with a smile. One in the party just had shisha and one had chicken shawarma, which looked excellent.

The weather was perfect and the lights of Cairo, including the pleasure boats plying the river, added a touch of the surreal to the evening.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

The food is amazing, the location is superb (very romantic), and the service was fantastic. One of the best dining experiences overall.