“Pleasant atmosphere”
Review of Sequoia

Sequoia
Ranked #9 of 4,182 Restaurants in Cairo
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mediterranean, Egyptian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
“Pleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I love this place, its one of my favorites in Cairo. The atmosphere is very friendly and the quality of food is good. A little bit pricey I'd say but its definitely worth it. It has the most beautiful Nile view and a special sushi section. Its perfect for a romantic date, celebrating birthdays, new year's eve, a family gathering, or just chilling and enjoying a good view. I highly recommend visiting it during your stay.

• Visited April 2013

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“good sushi, but not value for money”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

great view, horrible service. if you are going to go make sure you spend the demanded amount they charge!!!

Visited June 2013
Sequoiaonline, Public Relations Manager at Sequoia, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for visiting Sequoia and for taking the time to share you experience. We are always looking for our guests' feedback in order to constantly enhance our service. We're sorry to hear that your experience wasn't perfect. If you would be so kind as to share your views on how we could have made it better for you, we'd really appreciate it. Please feel free to email us or respond here.

Perth, Australia
“Pretty good, I guess”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I don't usually like to eat alone in a restaurant but wanted a good meal for my last night in Cairo. I was recommended Sequoia. It is definitely a place to be seen. Large of groups of good looking 20 somethings and large families celebrating birthdays seemed to be the main clientele.
They didn't know what to do with a single person, but eventually got me seated. Service was slow to arrive! Mojito cocktail was decent. Food was very good. I ordered wine to accompany my meal and was simply asked if I wanted red or white. That's never a good sign. I selected red to go with my lebanese mixed grill. It is one of the worst wines I have ever tasted. My seating was a bit annoying too, as the European Champions League final was blaring over the whole restaurant, but I couldn't see the screen to know what was going on. Overall a decent experience, but that wine was truly awful, and no, it wasn't corked. I had a few sips to check I wasn't going insane or should send it back for one that hadn't gone off. It was just bad wine.

Visited May 2013
Sequoiaonline, Public Relations Manager at Sequoia, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Hello,

London
“An oasis”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Very few other eateries in Cairo that I'd describe as a pleasant place. This is both a pleasant place, and the food is good.

Visited June 2013
Rome, Italy
“In touch with the Nile”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

a lovely place for summer evenings and sunny winter days. outdoor sitting on the Nile bank. casual atmosphere and very good food. a must when visiting my beloved Cairo especially to tatse Egyptian cuisine.

• Visited July 2012