“Great food, great prices”

Taboula Lebanese Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 4,224 Restaurants in Cairo
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Egyptian, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Excusite Lebanese Food in Oriental Setting. Truly a Feast for the Eyes and the Taste buds!
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Terrific dishes -- not a single one was a miss. The ambience is beautiful, and the prices are well below U.S./European prices for dinner. Don't let the nasty exterior fool you! Easy to see when many expats and Egyptians alike siad this was their favorite restaurant in Cairo, at least for non-Egyptian food.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

I was most impressed by the décor and brilliant color combinations for the dining area--I must say, a bit more impressed by these than by the food, and much more than I was by the staff, which gave a solo diner the minimum attention (and that only after a fairly long wait).

Although the food was certainly done well, and what I ate of it seemed tasty enough, I ended up losing (or filling?) my appetite early on and left most of the dinner on my plate. I was a bit surprised that the wait staff did not inquire into whether there had been a problem.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I ate here a few days ago with some friends. It is a lovely spot, nicely decorated and the food was delicious. The only thing that was a bit annoying was that a cover charge, plus a tax plus a service charge were added to the bill - these charges didn't appear on the menu.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

My wife and I stopped at this restaurant with a few friends because we heard so many good reviews. Our first impression was fine - except for the traffic from Maadi to Garden City however that is expected in Cairo.

We decided to order mezes and share. No complaints from us....yummy!

Service was fine.

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Went there for dinner because of its good performance on this site and because of staying at a nearby hotel. Big mistake - we opt for chicken and lamb cubes and asked for some advice what would be served with it. We were told by a very grumpy waiter: "whatever you want" - quite helpful. Wines are ridiculous overpriced compared with meal prices (66 AP for the lamb, 40 for a glass of red wine which was of a quality you would expect in a English pub in the 70ties. The meal arrived 10 min later, I picked a lamb cube- the plate was removed by a waiter because the order was not ours.
I hope the final guest who received my plate didn't realise what was going on. Another 10 min later our
Stuff appeared. To be polite - the traditional bread which came with the meal was the best. Meat was prepared not only well done it was
Burned and felt like rubber.
The only highlight was the bill-but
It was wasted money by any standard.