“Nice place”

Ranked #19 of 4,208 Restaurants in Cairo
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Its located well in the busy but very historic market place. If your guide is good, you may be seated in the inner rooms. Our guide was born on the same street and worked out great. A bit overpriced but very popular with western tourists.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Fishawi's is good because it's famous for being where Naguib Mahfouz and other Egyptian intellectuals met to chat. It also has much cheaper tea and juice than the strip of restaurants nearby on the Hussein Square. Can be a bit smoky, but you could simply join in by smoking your own shisha.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was in Cairo last year and am grateful for having a guide with me to fathom my way through the maze of alleyways. We stopped for a cold drink and ordered an iced hibiscus tea and had my photo taken with the shisha pipe. We asked that the iced hibiscus tea was made on mineral water. The hibiscus tea arrived with a bottle of mineral water. The order wasn't understood even though our guide had ordered for us. One of the sellers followed us to sell knock off rolex watches but I had run out of money after buying a mother of pearl drum for my son. Unfortunately the iced hibiscus tea was made on egyptian water and not mineral water and we barely made it back to the bathroom in our hotel! I never let that deter me, I love hibiscus tea and bought tea bags in a supermarket on the other side of the Nile river from the Ramses Hilton.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

a very popular name with tourists who want to try a local coffee house, smoking shisha and resting with a nice cup of tea or coffee after visiting the bazars of khan el khalili... but too commercialized due to tourist influx

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I went there last week, as a part of visiting Hussein Mosque area. Place is old & every thing shows oriental magic. Staff are very welcoming, urging to service. nice atmosphere. The only down side is the beggars, ignore them & you should have nice time. A must visit I think.