“popular coffee house”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Cairo, Egypt
“popular coffee house”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

a very popular name with tourists who want to try a local coffee house, smoking shisha and resting with a nice cup of tea or coffee after visiting the bazars of khan el khalili... but too commercialized due to tourist influx

Visited August 2012

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Egypt
“Nice place”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I went there last week, as a part of visiting Hussein Mosque area. Place is old & every thing shows oriental magic. Staff are very welcoming, urging to service. nice atmosphere. The only down side is the beggars, ignore them & you should have nice time. A must visit I think.

Visited October 2012
Munich, Germany
“Sit there and feel real Egyptian flair”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

It is a must to go there, just sit there and enjoy this place where many many famous people used to sit.
Annoying are just the sellers who want to sell anything to you, just ignore.

Victoria, Canada
“5am in Cairo!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was in Cairo again recently, but this time it was during the end of Ramadan. Needless to say the city was bursting with people and the noise level was incredible. Sleep was not going to happen. So most nights I would end up here to watch the world go by, interact with the locals and to drink mint tea and partake of the pipe. It was an oasis to me. Busy but wonderful. We were never hurried along and best of all we were treated the same as the locals. We ate lamb and falafel followed by more tea. Incredibly cheap place to hang out. We walked here from our hotel the Cairo Windsor, often at midnight, and never had any problems. I felt safer here than in my hometown of Victoria, BC in Canada! Each time I am back in Cairo I stop in here!

• Visited October 2011
luxor
“Ah! Fishawi's!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Fishawi's still holds onto it's atmospher after all these years.
I just wish that i could have been around when many of the old writers used to sit and have shisha and coffee. A great place.

Visited February 2012