“the best asian experience in middle east!”
Review of Birdcage

Birdcage
Ranked #3 of 4,183 Restaurants in Cairo
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Everything about the Birdcage is pure Thailand, from the exotic water feature at the door to the authentic etiquette displayed throughout your meal. What will really transport you across the continent; however, are the sizzling sounds and enticing aromas from the open kitchen, where Chef Narong creates Thai specialties such as Garlic Pepper Shrimp, Cashew Chicken and Crispy Rice with Peanut Sauce.Location: In the Semiramis InterContinental Hotel - 2nd level Services: Lunch | Dinner
Houston
“the best asian experience in middle east!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Birdcage was the most amazing food I've had in years. When I first saw it on tripadvisor, I didnt think much of it despite the amazing ratings but we were hooked. We went there a dozen times before we left Cairo. Its the best place at the Intercontinental hotel!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank roms4ever

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
West Yorks, UK
“Amazing food in fabulous surroundings”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We visited The Birdcage on our second night in Cairo from our hotel out at Giza. We'd read good reviews and were not disappointed

1 Thank LYL
Cross Lanes, West Virginia
“I look forward to returning.”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I visited a friend in Cairo, Egypt during September of 2012. While he introduced me to delicious Egyptian cuisine, I was able to introduce him to Thai cuisine while dining at the Birdcage during my stay at the Semiramis InterContinental Hotel. The food was superbly prepared, the atmosphere very pleasant and the service polite and efficient. My Egyptian friend was quite impressed and we returned to enjoy a second meal at the Birdcage during my trip.

• Visited September 2012

2 Thank Nxtdrnabr
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The absolute best dining experience in Egypt”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Everytime I go to this restaurant I dont have a single complaint and am always more than satisfied with their food and amazing service.
I've been a regular customer for 5 years and this place is simply the best!

1 Thank KhaledAuf
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great asian food great service in a great setting!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We go to Birdcage regularly, the freindly and courteous service is consistently excellent each time.
The food is delicious.
Looking forward to the next time...

1 Thank kchiati