“Very flexible for your late evening flights” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Isis Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Isis Hotel
Ranked #5 of 50 Cairo B&B and Inns
Addis Ababa
“Very flexible for your late evening flights”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and receive very comfortable arrangements. My flight was from Ethiopia and arrived at Cairo around 3 o'clock in the morning. Also, my departure flight was 2 o'clock in the morning. So, the owner of the hotel made a room available for early morning when I arrived and for late evening when I departed and charged me only one additional night rate.
I booked a single room with A/C, TV, fridge and private bathroom behind the reception. Room rate was USD 30/night as of April 2013 (incl. breakfast). Since I booked a hotel for more than 2 nights, they picked me up at airport for free of charge when I arrived. If you wish a taxi-ride for airport when you return, they arrange it for USD 10. Free wifi is available in lobby. Since my room was just behind the reception, I could also use internet in my room. You can change your USD into Egyptian pound at the reception. They applied good rate for the exchange (almost as same as the rate google showed). This service is particularly good for travellars who arrive in Egypt on Friday or Sunday when many banks close.
This hotel is located in the middle of Nasser Metro Station and Sadat Metro Station. Very famous Egyptian museum is also within walking distance. I was a female solo visitor and initially worried about security situation in Cairo. But this area is always populated and I did not feel scared even if I walked in the evening. I went there to take some exams, so sometimes I had to leave hotel as early as 7 a.m. Though staffs always slept on the couch at first, they quickly prepared my breakfast. That was also very nice experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sacchiro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Comfortable hotel with free wifi located beside the egiptian museum. Staff are friendly and they organised a tour throughout egipt for us for the whole week. They picked us up at the airport and in every single location there was someone waiting for us. Overall good value for money.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank EduKeny
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayed here for over a week with my husband, hotel is very clean, rooms are great with fantastic views of the city and the Nile.
Good amenities and laundry service. Comfortable clean new beds.
Helpful staff and will do what they can to help you, even go to the shops for you!!
Location is very central next to museum and places of interest.
Would stay here again........

Room Tip: En suite bathroom
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Victoria G
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Dear friends of the world,
-Cairo, Egypt is very safe and the people are nice. Don't let the media scare you away from this history rich place. They are very respectful to westerns, USA included.

[Hotel ISIS Hotel(specifics)]
*Book at least 2 nights and hotel provides transport to and from airport.
*Tours thru hotel are safe and cheap
*These tours are give you a private driver for for you (solo) or family and friends
*ex city tour 200 to 250 egp = 30$-37$(private driver all-day for only 30 to 37$ not bad)
*ex dinner and cruise 200 to 250 egp = 30$-37$(private driver to and from cruise,dinner on ship(dinner,desert,etc), Belly dance, and sayfina dance, then driver takes you back to hotel

Sfety tips:
*use provided safety deposit box at hotel (free)
*Cairo is like any city, in other words use common sense
*If someone is trying to sell you something and you dont want it, say lay(no) sulkran (thankyou)

Side Note:
Driver for hotel: Mohmed (Driver) is a good man, he looks you straight in the eye. Im from the city(pittsburgh,Pa) and I know lies when I see it and he tells it straight. He will look out for you out there. Case in point: ( was at Giza Pryramids and a man tried to rip me off at the stables where I was trying to rent a camel for 525 egp (way to much), Mohmed (driver) said Joseph (me) this is too much and told him to give me a fair offer, Mohmed say,he is like my family, make him a fair price or we go away (talk about a poker face)

Overall, good, fair, honest place

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Unnamed_13
Nicosia, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

On arrival at the airport we were greeted by Ahmed our driver for the few days we would be spending in Egypt. When we arrived at the hotel, our first impression was not what we expected however this quickly changed when we entered the lobby. With another friendly welcome from the owner, Mohammad, we sat down to our complementary Egyptian tea, giving us our first taste of the Egyptian culture. We had booked a triple and double room which were of very high standard for the price we paid. We also had two friends staying in a different hostel, however when they saw what the Isis hotel could offer them, they quickly changed and booked a double room, showing the comparison of the Isis hotel to others, in a similar price range and location. The rooms included a fridge, TV, good bathroom facilities and very comfortable sleeping arrangements. Every night instead of leaving the hotel we were advised to stay in because of the trouble in Cairo (however we never experienced any of this). The hotel arranged for us to have what ever we liked delivered up meaning we had a great time after a long day of sight seeing. The hotel arranged all the excursions we wanted to go on with Ahmed and he kept us informed on all the sights along the way. Great hotel, great staff, great price and over all great experience.

Room Tip: We stayed in Isis 2, however there is also an Isis 1 which we didn't see
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank sarah993
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Well situated. Helpful, friendly and honest staff. Good tour organiser. Clean room with nice view on Cairo.
I stayed for two nights and was satisfy.
Thanks to Mohammed for is driving and advises.
I will recommend to others.

Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Tristan G
Searsmont, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

A great introduction to Cairo and Egypt. Mohmed Ali can pretty much arrange what ever you want to do, be it tours or just a driver, always with a smile. If you only have a little time in Cairo it is well worth it to have Mohamed arrange things for you. As other reviewers have commented, the drivers are great. Mohamed picked us up at the airport and immediately made us feel comfortable and welcome. He was also our driver for various tours we took (the guide was also very good) and became a friend. We returned to Cairo later and had the pleasure of meeting his brother Theroat, who also is a driver. Both of them are very much alike: open, friendly, helpful, just people you will enjoy being around. Great ambassadors for the hotel, the city and the country.
The hotel, for the price, can't be beat. We stayed at both Isis and the new hotel Isis 2. Both offer the same thing:clean rooms, great views, good always helpful staff, convenient location to the Museum.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple