WINNER WONDERLAND

Isis Hotel
Ranked #5 of 48 Cairo B&B and Inns
“I will recommend Isis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Well situated. Helpful, friendly and honest staff. Good tour organiser. Clean room with nice view on Cairo.
I stayed for two nights and was satisfy.
Thanks to Mohammed for is driving and advises.
I will recommend to others.

Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Tristan G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
Searsmont, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

A great introduction to Cairo and Egypt. Mohmed Ali can pretty much arrange what ever you want to do, be it tours or just a driver, always with a smile. If you only have a little time in Cairo it is well worth it to have Mohamed arrange things for you. As other reviewers have commented, the drivers are great. Mohamed picked us up at the airport and immediately made us feel comfortable and welcome. He was also our driver for various tours we took (the guide was also very good) and became a friend. We returned to Cairo later and had the pleasure of meeting his brother Theroat, who also is a driver. Both of them are very much alike: open, friendly, helpful, just people you will enjoy being around. Great ambassadors for the hotel, the city and the country.
The hotel, for the price, can't be beat. We stayed at both Isis and the new hotel Isis 2. Both offer the same thing:clean rooms, great views, good always helpful staff, convenient location to the Museum.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bill M
Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Spent three weeks here and I wish it could have been longer. The best view in all of Cairo, you can easily see the entire city. Beautiful view both during the day and at night, you could spend your entire vacation in the room and still feel the soul of the city pulsing all around you without even leaving the hotel. The location is perfect, right down the block from Cairo Museum and Tahrir Square. Don't waste your money at the other more expensive hotels, as you cannot get a better bang for the buck anywhere else in the city. Breakfast every morning, laundry service, beverages, free internet and shuttle service to anywhere if you need it.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room with private bathroom and satellite TV so I would recommend the same but all the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank E T
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

On our arrival to Cairo we were met at the airport by the best driver in Cairo Mohammed (recommended driver, we hired him for 4 days to get us round Cairo and Alexandria, lovely person!) who took us to the hotel. The hotel itself is clean and well kept with very friendly and helpful staff who will help you arrange outings and travel links to other cities (for us it was to Luxor). All the tours we booked through the hotel were very good and gave you a sense of what Cairo is like from an Egyptian perspective as opposed to a mass tourism view. For the price this is a very good hotel, conveniently located no more than 5 minutes from the Egyptian museum and bus station with fantastic views of the city. Other attractions such as the pyramids are quite far out of the city so to have them organise our travel for that was much appreciated. We would stay here again in the future and our advice is not to be afraid of the lift!!! :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dave N Amanda B
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I visited with my husband and baby, we stayed for a week visiting my husbands family. It's very central, close to the Egyptian museum but also taher square:-( so quite dicey. The lift is scary... How it didn't break down is a miracle. The hotel Is hard to find, but hey ho Cairo is a big place! I've stayed in all sorts of places in Egypt and the main thing for me is clean with no bugs... It is clean and there are no bugs:-) its really dated but the price reflects this, so I can't moan. I did feel a bit hard done by as on the other side of the motorway is the Hilton but we didn't have money to waste. Would I recommend yes if your not fussy and want what you pay for.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Pharosophie
Roma, Italia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I had a room near the lobby (a 3 bed room only for me), the view is very urban Cairo, with a portion of NIle. I liked it. Shared bathroom, clean; not many tourists around. a little bit cold.
they picked me up at the airport and my flight was late. Staff is nice, as everyone I experienced in the tourism business. Yes, the reception chief is quite "money oriented" (no euro no smile) but he is funny and the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly. Breakfast according to the standards of budget hotels (I had worse and better breakfast elsewhere in the same category in Egypt). In general is a clean place (but the entrance and stairs are surreal). not a heavenly position. what I liked most was the window which covers an entire wall of my room (every room has the same big window, I guess)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank learningtocrawl
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

The isis hotel owner Mohmed Ali, is a very nice person(The BEST! in Egypt), we have a really wonderful trip in Cairo.If I'll come back here someday , I'm pretty sure it will still be a good choice to stay in ISIS hotel.

Room Tip: nop, every rooms are all clean and quite.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends