“Great Service Would Stay Again”
Review of Isis Hotel

Isis Hotel
Ranked #7 of 60 Cairo B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Staff and Hotel was great. Tours were excellent and special thanks to Madhad and Mohammad and Arbek for the tours and extra help. Thank You! Thanks especially to Mohammad he went out of his way on every trip and qas a great translator.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Isis Hotel

Reviewed October 14, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Now being on my 12th visit to Cairo I was very happy to have stayed at Isis! Normally staying with friends, this was an excellent replacement and perfectly replicated the coziness of being in a real home. Clean, well cared for, spacious and with an amaaaaazing view of the city from it's 15th floor, this hotel is difficult to beat. I've stayed in many places in Cairo and around Egypt over the years and I was very happy to find Isis. For both nights I stayed here I was asked to eat with the staff, who simply wanted to offer me a home-cooked meal and a conversation. The room itself was great, and importantly, the AC worked! TV in the room, clean sheets, and free wi-fi for my tablet was much more than I expected. Anyone traveling to Egypt would be wise to check this place out.

Room Tip: Nile facing rooms provide a great breeze and view of the city at night!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Paul947
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I started my stay in Egypt here. You can't beat their closeness to the Egyptian Museum or the friendliness of the staff. I couldn't find a place to eat, due to Ramadon, and the manager invited me to eat with him. Also, air conditioning was a necessary and my room was very comfortable. Thanks!

Room Tip: For $35 American, the price was right. I stayed in a single room, with my own shower. After the da...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 12, 2012

The guys at this place will do anything for you. Would advise getting there airport pickup as could be hard to find first off. Any budget traveler would love this place. Rooms are aircon sat tv fridge. Big rooms. Close to museum

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank DarwinNewtraveler
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I had a wonderful time with ISIS hotel in Cairo. The room has a very nice view of the city and the river Nile. The hotel also took me from the airport to hotel in the early morning (4:15 am) which is really kind. Also the receptionist gave many advices on how to explore the city.

All in all if I visit Cairo again, I will definitely stay at ISIS again because of the hospitality of the staff especially Mohamed Ali and Hamdy (for the wonderful tea).

Room Tip: room near the reception
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank long n
Reviewed June 2, 2012

This hotel/B&B is on the 15th floor overlooking the 6th October Bridge and Ramsees St, 5 minutes from Tahrir Square and the Museum so it's a brilliant location. We were able to use the kitchen to boil water for tea when we wanted and Mohammed was extremely helpful and friendly. It's fairly quiet as it's so high and the view is good. The rooms have wooden shutters which makes it dark and easy to sleep. It was generally clean although the last night there was a problem with the kitchen drain which backed up into our bathroom but overall we felt it was clean.

Breakfast was included in the price and consisted of an omelette, tea, coffee, bread and cheese which was a good start for the day. We could also buy water and Pesie and there was a fridge in the room.

The bathroom was big but I do have to say the water in the shower was terrible. It was hot but there was very little pressure and this was always the case.

The entrance is from a grotty lobby which might put some people off but there is 24 hour security and the security guy was friendly. There are business and residential apartments in the building.

There was free wi-fi internet and it always worked well as did the air-conditioning.

We used their driver Raoff who was brilliant and very helpful - definitely worthwhile in a City like Cairo. As we were only there for a short time we had him for the three days as he picked us up from the airport as well. He is extremely knowledgable about Cairo and always ready to offer advice. I would say however, that I'd ask him to come into the Pyramids with you as that place is a real rip-off and extremely difficult to keep the touts at bay. I'm sure he would if you asked but we didn't and regretted it. You would have to pay his entrance fee I guess but as he's your driver for the day it would be well worth it as the whole Pyramid area is... well.. difficult to negotiate given the intensity of the touts.

I would recommend Isis hotel as in this price range it ticks all the boxes. I read all the reviews before I left and noted that one person said many of them were one off reviews. I agree, the Management did encourage us to write a review while we were there so perhaps some people felt obliged to do so, however I waited till I got home and this is a genuine review.

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty similar although the room at the front is bigger than the others and no extra n...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends