“Emilio Domina Prestige Nile Cruise Boat”
Review of Nile River

Private Guided Day Tour: Giza Pyramids, Egyptian Museum and Nile Dinner Cruise
Ranked #39 of 745 things to do in Egypt
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Stretching for 4,187 miles, the longest river in the world flows from its major source, Lake Victoria in east central Africa, through Uganda, Sudan, Ethiopia and northwards into Egypt to the Mediterranean Sea.
Wellingborough, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Emilio Domina Prestige Nile Cruise Boat”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have just come back from my second Nile cruise, this time on the Emilio. I chose this boat as it was of a similar standard as the Stephanie that I went on 2 years ago. I was not disappointed!! It was a lovely boat and the crew were great and our guide Safwat was so knowledgeable and passionate about Egypt and it's history. There was always a good choice of food at mealtimes and the waiters were friendly and helpful. We were on a table of 10, which included a group of 8 who travelled together, they made us feel very welcome and we had a good laugh. It was a holiday for my friend's birthday and a lady from the group of 8 also was celebrating. A cake was brought out for them at dinner and music and dancing took place. It is a tiring holiday getting up so early for the excursions but had to be done, not every temple was the same, they all had different stories and although I had done them before it was still worth going back. The boat was clean and tidy, our room was kept very clean and we had the usual things made out of towels left on the bed. The sun deck was nice with plenty of beds, chairs and shade!!! I went in the pool, which again was clean, but freezing - it is their winter after all!! We had our galabaya party the night of the day we went to Abu Simbel, which was really tiring, almost everyone dressed up and it was a fantastic night. Our guide did party games and we had so much fun, we also got the Italians and Germans up playing too, although there was a bit of rivalry, but done in a fun way!! I would certainly recommend this boat and Orbital Travel as we had to walk though other boats when disembarking and they were not as nice. I would also say if you had Safwat as you guide then you will have a great time. The only downside is they allow smoking in the bar/lounge area, which we are not used to anymore.

1 Thank Kirstie M

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
York, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Royal Viking Boat. With Discover Egypt.”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The Royal Viking is a beautiful boat. The cabins and bathroom are spacious, though when moored against other boats it was rather dark, but, as we didn't spend much time in them it didn't matter. The scenery was breathtaking. The food was fantastic. My husband and myself don't eat meat, but there was there was lots of choice of other dishes. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. Amir was our guide the week we were there. He was brilliant. He gave us just the right amount of information about the temples and their history. We had a weeks holiday in Hurghada afterwards. We had a brilliant holiday, and would love to do it again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Nile Cruise with Viking and DiscoverEgypt”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

On the Viking Princess

We have just returned from our holiday in Egypt starting 16th January 2013. We flew to Luxor where we met out guide Yasser rep it was just a short journey to the boat Viking Princess. We then went on to have a holiday of a life time. it was a beautiful and interesting journey just sailing down the Nile with a view of the shores. We also had fascinating visits to the different temples all very different and Yasser our guide chose the most interesting parts to help our understanding of their building and design. Other outstanding sights included standing on the Aswan Dam with a view of Lake Nasser and the Nile, and the journey through the desert to Abu Simbel with the rising sun and a view of the mirage. The sail in the Fulucca was beautiful and an optional extra the bird watching trip enabled us to see numerous birds at close quarters including kingfishers and three different types of herons.
We had lots of fun on the boat, the company was great and there was a variety of entertainment.
The staff on the boat were exceptional in their care and enthusiasm. The restaurant food and service was excellent.

2 Thank susan m
Lagos, Nigeria
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Nile Dolphin and Memphis Tours”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

First I’ll review Memphis Tours – Overall terrific tour. We were met at the airport despite being more than 2 hours late from a delay in Addis. Ayman was terrific and enthusiastic even though he must have been exhausted. He took us to the hotel and saw us through check in and reviewed the itinerary for the following day. We had Momen as a tour guide in Cairo and I cannot praise him enough. He took the time to ask what we were most interested in seeing and adjusted our tour accordingly. He was knowledgeable and enthusiastic about everything. We were lucky to get Momen again at the end of our trip for our final day of sight-seeing. Our transfers to the night train to Luxor and the pickup upon return were well organized and easy. The night train departing Cairo was several hours late, and we were told while waiting that it is usually late. Something to keep in mind when planning whether to go by train or by air. At the train station you stand outside by the tracks waiting, so there isn’t a comfortable inside seating area in which to wait.
The Nile cruise was on the Nile Dolphin and was lovely. It was so wonderful sailing up the Nile and enjoying the beautiful scenery. The staff aboard the Dolphin were terrific and caring. The rooms are spacious and experiencing the transition through the lock was cool. Everyday they made cute animals from the towels and my daughter thought that was fun. On the day of our check out, we had a 6 hour wait until we were taken to the train. The manager was kind enough to give me a cabin for my 5 year old daughter to sleep in until we left.
The guide for the Luxor-Aswan portion of the tour was Ahmed and I honestly cannot recommend him. He was abrasive and dismissive when we asked questions. When he met us at the train station he held up a clipboard and said come this way. We were not assisted at all with our luggage and had to traverse a set of steps down and then back up again. I am a single parent trying to handle everything myself, and we also had a man recovering from surgery who also had to manage his luggage without any help. This might seem like a little thing, but after an exhausting journey, it was not pleasant. We were informed that after arriving at the cruise ship we were expected to assemble in the bar for a meeting. We had a couple of these required meetings which unfortunately were scheduled as we returned from an excursion which prevented us from getting lounge chairs up on the deck. After the meetings we would head up there and find all chaises occupied. He seemed disinterested most of the time, and I felt like it was definitely a job to him and not something he enjoyed. He also kept pushing the excursions to the point where it was annoying. None of the other Memphis guides did this. On the boat ride to the Philae temple he invited one of the vendors to come on board to sell jewelry to us. It is sad because the rest of the Memphis staff are fantastic. The cruise from Luxor to Aswan is amazing and the sights and temples are so fantastic that I was in a constant state of amazement. We were so lucky to get a guy named Hassan for our day trip to Abu Simbel. In my opinion Memphis is missing out on a true gem here. They aught to get Hassan to do the Luxor-Aswan tour. He was so delightful.

Helpful Hints for Egypt.
It is dry! Dry! Dry! Within 2 days our lips were cracked and bleeding. Take plenty of chapstick and moisturizing lotion. When visiting the unfinished oblesque – wear hiking or sturdy shoes. You will be hiking through a granite quarry and it is not easy to climb on the rocks as some of them are covered with sand and/or tiny pebbles. I don’t wear contacts, but anyone who does should be prepared for really dry and dusty conditions. We took 4 or 5 showers every day to remove the dust. When reviewers write about annoying vendors – they are not exaggerating. We were all annoyed beyond tolerance because they would not take no for an answer. The best advice we found was to keep your head down and don’t even say “no thank you”. Just run the gauntlet of vendors that you have to endure as you leave each temple. Everyone expects tips – everywhere. This also get tedious as people will try to grab your bag to carry it 10 feet – then put their hand out for a tip. Egypt has been hit hard with the decline in tourism. I can honestly say that we felt perfectly safe at all times during our trip. I would not hesitate to tell friends and family to go to Egypt. I think the media really exaggerates the political situation there. It was a fantastic trip.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank tlscjs
Plymouth, United Kingdom
505 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 349 helpful votes
“Messing about on the river”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was one of those holidays we had been meaning to get round to doing and finally found the time. The Viking Princess although not the newest boat on the Nile had charm and all the facilities needed for an amble down the Nile. My favourite place was the sun deck, apart from the obvious it gave great views as you explored. The food was canteenish but adequate, and the crew top notch. Don’t bother bringing Ipads or the like no connections on board to the outside world. Evening entertainment just like Butlin’s and if you get into spirit you will have a good time, for those with quieter tastes the sun deck is a chilled place to be in the evening.
A couple of down point the fights were with Monarch, in my opinion one of the worst airline operating at present, and our flight times were changed at the last minute dropping us back into Gatwick in the middle of the night, Monarch blamed Discover Egypt.
All in all a great week, educational as well.

Visited October 2012