“Very Much Dissatisfied”

Kervan Turkish Restaurant COEX Mall
Ranked #926 of 125,398 Restaurants in Seoul
Neighborhood: Gangnam-gu
Description: Traditional Turkish Restaurant & Halal Food in Korea Kervan Turkish Restaurant
Reviewed May 24, 2019 via mobile

Kervan ruined the fame Turkish food has built up over the past few centuries. I ordered shish kebab lamb and a loaf of thin bread. The kebab was luke warm and overall there was no joy of chewing as the lamb meat was of very low quality with very much dried rice, the chorba(Turkish soup) was also luke warm and too thick and salty, the ayran tasted terrible. The service was minimal. I wonder if the chef was properly trained in Turkey. To those who have been to Turkey, especially Istanbul and ate there, I suggest to eat at other Turkish eatery in Seoul. You will definitely be disappointed and end up getting an upset stomach. The shish kebab in the attached photo looks nice but no taste and there is no Turkish spices at all which is no Turkish food.
Time of visit: 7:30 - 8:30 Friday

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed January 24, 2019 via mobile

I came as they were closing the kitchen. The chef and staff were kind enough to offer me hummus and garlic lavash for takeaway and it was excellent! Thank you to the chef and staff for the last minute late night snack

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 16, 2019

It can be difficult to find vegetarian food in Korea, especially if are limited by not knowing the language. Kervan has standard Middle Eastern vegetarian choices that are all very tasty. It is in the busy Coex mall but is a large restaurant with good seating capacity. We had their falafel which was good; the hummus and tzatziki were tasty; the lavash bread was soft and delicately made. The baklava though was disappointing and can be safely avoided.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 27, 2018 via mobile

I went to have my dinner with my family at this restaurant on 27 Dec 2018, at around 5pm. The restaurant was quite empty and there were only two ladies patronized this restaurant at that time.

The food was so so. I was indeed surprise that I ordered fried rice with chicken kebab but the rice was plain rice and not our typical fried rice. And on the plate , it was served with fries and kimchi. What a combination (sic)!!

And when my daughter can’t finish her kebab (she just took just a very small bite because she was unwell), I asked the front counter guy who double up as a cashier to pack it for her, he took out a wrapper and ‘blew’ into it to make it open and placed my daughter’s kebab in it. As everyone is aware, normally kebab will be cut into two halves and one end will be opened.

I told the restaurant staff who did the ‘blowing’ that it was unhygienic to do so. He retorted by saying it was not dirty and he insisted that the kebab was wrapped. And then I showed and told him, that why can’t he see that there was an opening at one end of the kebab. The staff was unhappy and told me rudely that he can replace one for me. I told him it is ok. He doesn’t have to. Almost immediately, he slammed the kebab which he had packed for me into the bin in an angrily manner. I asked him why he did that. He staff told me to leave his restaurant.

No wonder this restaurant was very empty. The attitude of this staff sucks !!! I don’t think this restaurant will survive long.

Date of visit: December 2018
3  Thank Dr Aris A
Reviewed December 1, 2018 via mobile

This place is great! Authentic Turkish food and a great atmosphere. Staff are friendly and check on the table regularly. Food also comes out FAST. A nice restaurant for date night or a get together with friends. Highly recommend .

Date of visit: December 2018