“Day Trip to Seoul”
Review of Korean Tour Guide

Korean Tour Guide
Reviewed January 26, 2016

My wife and I were in South Korea for some work I was doing in Busan in April, 2015. We had some free time and wanted to visit Seoul. KoreanTourGuide.com came highly rated on TripAdvisor so we reached out to Rob on how to plan our day trip. From the get go Rob was a huge help starting with advising us on the Korean Bullet Train system. We rode our bullet from Busan to Seoul where Rob met us and off we went. Rob's U.S.-raised laid back manner made it easy to relate. The fact there was no language barrier was a huge plus in allowing him to relate everything he showed us. His in-depth knowledge and familiarity with Korea and his culture was just as impressive. It was a fairly quick tour, but we got saw a lot during our time. We started at Gyeongbokgung Palace, a very picturesque and historical location. We then went next door to the National Folk Museum of Korea. When it was time for lunch, Rob recommended Vatos Urban Tacos. For this Texas couple, it couldn't have been a more perfect choice. The food and drink was outstanding! After lunch we then headed over to the very impressive and humbling War Memorial of Korea. There you learn much of Korea's military history. The Korean War exhibit is particularly fascinating. I would have loved to have had much more time to stay and take it all in. But, we had a bullet to catch back to Busan, so Rob escorted us back to our train platform. During the whole tour Rob was a wealth of both historical and contemporary Korean knowledge. He was also a handy photographer as well, making sure I appeared in a lot of our photos. That was invaluable, since I'm usually the photographer and never appear in our vacation pics. At the end of the day, we were so glad to have stumbled across Rob and his tour services. The guy is genuinely a really nice guy and easy to relate with. I could not recommend him any more strongly to anyone looking for a private tour for their visit to Korea.

All reviews
"dmz"
"busan"
"school"

Reviewed December 5, 2015

I enquired about the Traditional Markets to Hyper market Tour, but there were no other enquiries, therefore I booked a private tour instead. This was great, because I could choose a time that suited me. I was met at my hotel and we travelled by subway to the various locations. I could ask questions about the culture and the lifestyle as well as the food. We visited the supermarket and a traditional market. This tour was a great way for me to see lots and learn about the culture in a short amount of time. However I wonder if I would have got more out of it if I had of been more adventurous in what I wanted to try at the market.

Reviewed October 30, 2015

Rob Koh, of KoreanTourGuide.com, is one of the finest guides we have ever come across. His knowledge of Korea, past and present, was presented in an excellent fashion. Educated in the USA, Rob's English is as well spoken as his Korean.

We hired Rob for a one day tour of Seoul. We were so impressed with his depth of knowledge, professionalism and personality that we wanted to utilize his expertise for additional tours away from Seoul during the remainder of our stay; unfortunately, he was not available. He did, however, provide us with a number of ideas and gave us good advice to maximize our stay.

If you are entertaining a visit to South Korea then Rob Koh is certainly the one person we would highly, and without reservation, recommend you communicate with regarding your plans. Look no further than Rob for setting up your 1/2 day, whole day, or longer tours of this amazing city/country.

We are hoping to return to South Korea in 2017 and at that time will be in contact with KoreanTourGuides.com to set up a lengthy tour of the countryside for us. We know that this tour with Rob will be nothing but the best.

1  Thank NewJerseyNomad
Reviewed October 29, 2015

We had a private tour and Rob our tour guide speaks excellent English and is a very pleasant and accommodating young man. He took us around Seoul, Gyeongju, Busan and Jeju Island. We had a wonderful time and Rob introduce us to all the best Korean cuisine. Absolutely enjoyed it - especially the fried chicken!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 28, 2015

To the best informative tour ever!

KoreanTourGuide.com came as a recommendation from my brother-in-law. I can't stress how helpful these guys were for my stay in Korea. We actually got 2 guides for the price of one. It was actually for training purposes but it was still nice because we were a group of 6. We started out with an itinerary, but we wanted to change some things last minute. Not a problem. Went to the folk village, fish market and some museums. I think I learned more about Korea that one day than I ever did taking a class on Korea during school.

1  Thank LSC_tripadvuro