“Good Kroean BBQ and nice setting” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #502 of 122,427 Restaurants in Seoul
Price range: $36 - $1,435
Cuisines: Barbecue, Asian, Korean
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Apgujeong / Cheongdam
“Good Kroean BBQ and nice setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

The food here is great and I love the traditional wood construction and the large tables made of stone. There is a choice between a cheaper US beef and a higher priced Korean beef. I got both and they both were delicious but since this is Korea i recommend that you choose the Korean beef. If you are going to complain about the price dont come here.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Best food I had in Seoul”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I loved the meal I had here. You had lots of side courses, all were lovely. Obviously we had kimchi, but also great salads and other dishes. The highlight was the beef. They bring hot coals and cook the meat at your table. It is super tasty.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank tavia14999
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good but very overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went here on the advice of a couple of seoul guidebooks that called it one of the best bbq places in seoul. The restaurant is beautiful, with traditional decor on the inside and a nice waterfall by the outside seating area. Service was great, and everyone was very polite and respectful. The server cooked all the meat for us on the grill. There were a lot of foreign business people eating here with Koreans, so it seems like this is the type of place that they take their clients. However, the food was very expensive, at least compared to korean bbq places in the states. The cheapest meat was 39,000 won per person for the marinated kalbi. We got the second cheapest meat, the non-marinated kalbi kkot-sal for 50,000 won per person. The meat was outstanding. It was well-marbled when they brought it out, and tender and juicy when cooked. But the quantity was so little for the price we paid. They gave us 3 small strips of meat, which wasn't nearly enough for a full meal. We ordered a dweng-jang jjigae in addition to the meat since it wasn't included, which was good too but still wasn't enough to fill us up. And we are definitely not big eaters. Overall, the food was very good, but over priced for what you get. By comparison, the kalbi at Parks BBQ in LA is maybe $35 per serving, and you get more food and the meat quality is just as good or better.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank edwkim
New York City, New York
“Kalbi working dinner restaurant.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Korean BBQ is famous globally for their marinated beef grill. However, most Koreans rarely eat marinated BBQ. LA Kalbi probably one of the best examples since they made the beef sweeter and very good marinade. You can even find LA kalbi on menu's in Korea now due to the great taste.

Samwon Garden is mainly known for their kalbi and marinaded beef. It is a large restaurant with a large outdoor area and is a non-smoking restaurant with a waterfall outside. Most Koreans use this for meeting westerners visiting Korea with the assumptions that foreigners are looking for marinated beef BBQ. And they do marinated beef BBQ well. All the rest of the menu I would pass on with the exception of the nang-myun, cold noodles to finish the meal.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Canada
“quality not consistent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have been to this Korean BBQ several times since I came to Korea. I absolutely loved it on my first visit. The beef rib was juicy, tender and tasty, far better than what I used to eat in Korean restaurants in Toronto, my home town. On my next visit, the service was extremely slow. Maybe because I did not know then how to say "pali pali (hurry)" in Korean. It took about 1 hour for the spicy beef soup to come out. On my third visit, things were OK again.

I would certainly recommend this place to first-time visitors to Korea, but you may need to ask them to hurry when things get slow.

• Visited December 2012