“quality not consistent”

Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Apgujeong / Cheongdam
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have been to this Korean BBQ several times since I came to Korea. I absolutely loved it on my first visit. The beef rib was juicy, tender and tasty, far better than what I used to eat in Korean restaurants in Toronto, my home town. On my next visit, the service was extremely slow. Maybe because I did not know then how to say "pali pali (hurry)" in Korean. It took about 1 hour for the spicy beef soup to come out. On my third visit, things were OK again.

I would certainly recommend this place to first-time visitors to Korea, but you may need to ask them to hurry when things get slow.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

The food at this restaurant was very good, a bit pricey, but that is to be expected, it's family friendly with open seating to the main restaurant or private rooms that are intimate with tables and chairs.(instead of the floors) tip: ring the bell at your table to order otherwise you'll wait forever. The servers don't visit your tables too often, so you must call them over, it's not like the American dining service where they ask you over and over. It's a cultural thing so they won't be a bother to you.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

The service was good but the bulgogi and panchan are really nothing special and the mul naengmyun (cold buckwheat noodles) is below average, in my opinion. If you are in Seoul and want to have a superb (sublime) bulgogi experience, you should try Kwangyang Bulgogi Marohwajeok which has only one location in Kangnam:

Marohwajeok (광양불고기 마로화적)
address: Kangnamku Samseongdong 120-3
tel: (02) 539-9922

My Korean coworkers took me to this place a year ago and I just recently went back with my relatives. This place is not to be confused with Kwangyang Bulgogi which is a small chain. The bulgogi at Marohwajeok (which means wood charcoal from a place called "Maro") is perfectly seasoned and very lean. The panchan (side dishes) are quite special and they have my favorite kwejang (seasoned crab). I also appreciate all of the different sanchu (lettuces/leaves) that accompany the bulgogi. And, if you're into it, you should try their brown rice nureungji (rice porridge) with doenjang jigae (bean paste stew). Yum!

1  Thank CapandKim
Reviewed April 28, 2012

It is one of famous Korean bbq resto in Seoul but "pricy"... kind servers and clean place to eat. very good quality of meat. but the price is a bit expensive

1  Thank Hirakawa_Eki
Reviewed April 25, 2012

This BBQ restaurant tries to attract foreigners who want their taste of galbi (barbecued rib). While it is OK (the side dishes are quite good as well), the service quality falls short (you really have to try hard to get the waitresses' attention and their manners are brusque) and the food is a bit on the expensive side in terms of value. It is more or less a tourist trap with gaudy decorations that are supposed to look traditional. Look around and there are much better options abound, especially if you like big portions and are budget-minded.