“Good enough”

Ranked #450 of 125,426 Restaurants in Seoul
Neighborhood: Myeongdong / Namdaemun
Neighborhood: Myeongdong / Namdaemun
Reviewed May 25, 2019

The chicken tasted nice, although I've had better fried chicken in Seoul. Service was quick, although I have to say there were no other customers when we were there. I like that they offer chicken with and without bones. There is an English menu.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed November 11, 2018

Before I start the review, please completely disregard the 1-star reviews given on here. The reviewers don't understand how the food is prepared and the overall structure of Korean fried chicken restaurants.

Food - There is a wealth of chicken based meals centred around their famous fried chicken. You can order this on its own in 3 varieties: plain, soy and spicy (these are rough English translations). I highly recommend ordering either soy or spicy because the plain is... well... plain. One of the reviewers below complained the plain chicken he ordered had little flavour, so to avoid his disappointment you should order non-plain! If you order a portion of fried chicken, they prepare the food fresh on the spot. They will take a whole chicken and literally cut it into pieces and then freshly fry and season it to your order. This is why you get 2 wings, 2 legs and many other odd shaped pieces. It is by design, so please ignore the 1-star reviewers complaining about this. You will find this practice in all Korean Fried Chicken restaurants and it isn't something to worry about. I actually thought it was delicious.

We ordered the Soy and Plain fried chicken and we also ordered a salad to go with our fried chicken. It was all excellent! The English menu is roughly translated and the Korean/Japanese menus explain in greater detail how the dishes have been constructed and the ingredients & flavours involved. This is why there are often pictures on menus to overcome the language barrier so I would choose what sounds and looks great!

Service - By Western standards, the service is average. It is important to keep in mind, that this isn't unique to this restaurant and is typical to all the places I visited in Korea. The staff are generally uncomfortable speaking English which gives a 'cold' impression. However, they are very quick to act on your orders and always do so in a gracious and polite manner.

Price - Was really good value considering how large the dishes are and how excellent the food was.

I would highly recommend visiting here and also take 1-star reviews with a pinch of salt, especially when they complain of restaurants not speaking English and when they misunderstand the menu.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 25, 2018

Good atmosphere and a wide range of fried chicken dishes plus good salads.

Coped well with those with allergies

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 13, 2018

We came across this place after some shopping in the Myeong Dong area. Back in my country, the Korean restaurants tend to serve tasty fried chicken so we did not harbor further consideration, and charged into the restaurant. Big mistake.

First off, the service was sad. There were no welcoming smiles and only 1 harassed looking staff working to serve all the tables. She did not speak much as we pointed out the menu items to order, I guess she could not speak English much, and there was no hot tea available on the menu. Seems like the restaurant catered more for cold drinks with fried chicken. Anyhow, we went ahead with our order of their specialty fried chicken.

It was disappointing. The cuts were uneven, small bits of chipped bones and the coated flour was just plain flour - there was no flavor. The chicken was freshly fried and piping hot, hence it was a decent meal but I had expected more from the famous Korean fried chicken that I read so much about. Plus the service was quite sad, we did not even get a glass of water served. After making payment and walking off, we noticed further along the street, there were other fried chicken restaurants at more competitive pricing. Hence I would recommend you take a walk around to scout, before deciding on where to eat.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

I generally adore Korean Fried Chicken but this one was really good especially after tiresome shopping in Myeongdong. We took set with drinks and sauce, additionally got snacks and salad.

Date of visit: October 2017