“Rip off- Night View in Seoul is not special”
Review of Marco Polo

Marco Polo
Ranked #5,970 of 122,596 Restaurants in Seoul
Cuisines: European, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Samseongdong / COEX
Seoul, South Korea
“Rip off- Night View in Seoul is not special”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

If I checked the review in tripadvisor, I would have not booked, I regret it.
This restaurant became famous because it is in higher floors than any other restaurants in Seoul. Because of the view they think they deserve high priced food, but the reality is not close to it.

Some people might know, the night view in Korea is not as fantastic as other cities in Asia. Unlike Hong Kong, Singapore or even Shanghai, there are lots of emptiness and lonley lights are flikering. You will be really disapointed if you expected spectacular view. So please be aware of this fact.

We booked window seats and staff told me only ordering course menu is allowed in window tables. I guess there is tough competition or they wanna make money with view. Fine. But after serving the food, I felt 'this is the wrong place'. I am not saying the taste is not good, but compare to price, you can find better place anywhere around in Gangnam. And my disappointment hits the peak when I tasted a soup- it was exactly my mum cooked for me. It was not Italian, nor Korean!!!

Sorry, I never want to recommend this place at all. There are lots of place can cook robster and steak well. There are loads of bars sells Moet Chandon. There are turns of restaurants can serve assorted tapas and sorbet. But even with kind price!!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Eun Sil N

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Saratoga, California
“One of the Rip-off places in Seoul”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Wow....$25 for a glass of house wines, $20 for capuccino, $45 for a spagetti.....$15 for sparkling water.... What the hell? The view is great, but that is all they can offer. Food taste not good for the price. Plus, they charge you tax separately on top of the price. I know there are many rip-off, non reasonable places in Seoul, but this is the worst one I've ever been to. Avoid this place if you can. Not worth it.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank shoshosho
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“View-great, service-great, food-good.”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

This restauraunt is on the 52nd floor in Gangnam district with a beautiful view of the river. Our party was seated in private room and although it was very hazy, the view was amazing. The service was also impeccable. The food, was very nice but not the best I've ever had. I had the filet of beef with fois gras and vegetables. Maybe beef is not a specialty.

Visited August 2013
Brussels, Belgium
“Ripped off with style”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Being with a diplomat, our party of four had the privilege to be seated in a private salon with a magnificent view.

We ordered a Peking Duck with a few side dishes for the four of us. They showed us the baked beast - nice, big, and fleshy. But what came back on our plates would hardly feed a canary.

What happened to the rest of the duck remains a mystery - and an expensive one: the bill including one bottle of house wine and was around $450.-

So we left the place marvelled by the view but poorer and still hungry!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Jacques d
“whatever u do, don't order a "cocktail"”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Any good review of this place is making me wonder if maybe I was "punked" the night my bf and i decided to spend our anniversary at this place. I'll get right down to it...

good:
the view and food presentation

bad:
the actual taste of the food compared to the price
the cocktails

order beer on tap.

it's not worth ordering a long island iced tea for $25 just to receive a small glass full of ice and watered down generic cola with absolutely no alcohol.
and the appletini is blue. sweet. and small. again, not worth the $20 they charged us.
Should have known their cocktails sucked when they didn't have a menu for them and the waiter gave this unsure facial expression when giving us our choices.

I appreciated my bf's effort and the view is nice if you can score a seat by the window...but for the price u can find better food all over seoul. there's never a shortage of good eats. Just alcohol in ur cocktails apparently.

• Visited March 2013