“Don't Bother”

Ranked #30 of 56 Quick Bites in Seoul
Neighborhood: Jung-gu
Neighborhood: Jung-gu
Reviewed October 30, 2018

Found this restaurant based off reviews, but was highly disappointed.

We received cold/old scorched rice from the bottom of the pot and the most minuscule portion of vegetables I've ever seen. We noticed the Korean couple next to us receive piping hot fresh rice and soup and a large portion of vegetables so that obviously left us with a bad feeling. We nicely brought it up to the young blonde haired girl working there, but were met with an arrogant attitude, no apology, and silence. This made us feel worse when the least she could have done was just offer a simple apology.

The manager came down to speak with us and we were met with even more ill treatment and arrogance. I am completely shocked at how management treats paying customers here. The manager, 조상현 (Cho, Sang Hyun) has absolute no respect and no professionalism. The employees here have been nothing, but rude and unfriendly towards us. I'm disappointed my money went towards this establishment when there are far better restaurants in Seoul for the same price. Not worth the trek or the price at all. Not sure what the Michelin Guide was thinking. They must have faked it to make it on the list.

Disgusted with your service, will be sure to let everyone know what kind of people you hire and how they treat foreigners.

Date of visit: October 2018
2  Thank S2266OHlisaa

Reviewed October 16, 2018

Service was fast, price was reasonable given that it is a Michelin-star restaurant. However, the food was average at best.. nothing fancy and nothing that I believe deserves a Michelin-star. There are many other restaurants deserving of a star as compared to this place.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 9, 2018

To find this place walk across the bottom cable car, car park with main building behind you, when you reach the road look on the oposite side slightly to the left and you will see a set of stairs. Short climb and when you reach the top, its obvious. Its the Hanok style building infront.
Building beautiful, went here at night, looked great lit up. Seating all at the rear so difficult to see if any views during the day.
You choose your meal, pay at the till and wait for your buzzer to go off, then you collect your tray from the service point ( and clear after you have eaten).

Food: Wife had Bugolgi Bibimbap which was a nice portion and tasted good. I chose the Yukhoe bibimbap...........specifically as Yukhoe is my fav. Mine came out and I asked where the Yukhoe was........the guy pointed to a small side dish........there was more kimchi in the side dish next to it ! Very small portion - not impressed! The most expensive dish on the menu! The other issue was we waited over 30 mins to be served ( buzzer go off) We didnt get our meal until just after 20.00 hrs ( an important time in this place) . 30 mins isnt that long in a British place but in Korea this is strange, other people were going up that had come in after us , before us. Went to till to ask for more Yukhoe..........told sorry we shut at 20.00!!!!

This did seem to be just full of tourists, there was a massive Chinese tour group, with their guides bringing the food out and pictures being taken of each person eating their meal.

Kitchen clearly looks and feels like a production line, with 4 or 5 trays being set up on the top servery then just moved down for people to collect.

Home made Herbal tea was nice, they dont serve Alcohol.

Overall food tasted OK, Our service was poor, Building nice in good location, they shut at 20.00hrs.

PS if you want outstanding Yukhoe, go to Gwangjang Market - see my review Buchon Yukhoe.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed July 19, 2018

We saw some good reviews for this restaurant and were really hoping they were true after the little trek to get to it. I think w e chose the hardest possible route going up a number of stairs but regardless it was worth it.
We ordered at the register and then waited with a buzzer for our food. It felt a little food court-ish but the food was fast and delicious. I would recommend a visit to this restaurant for sure!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

Delicate, tasteful! We try 3 of the 6 dishes offered in the menu and all were fantastic. Subtil flavours in all dishes. No doubt a place I recomend without hesitation

Date of visit: July 2018