“Nice stay but located not in the main shopping area”

Ramada Hotel and Suites Seoul Namdaemun
Ranked #73 of 475 Hotels in Seoul
“Nice stay but located not in the main shopping area”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed here on 29Dec12-1Jan13 with a promotion rate. The room is spacious, clean and overall is good, they upgraded my room (thanks). However the single bed in my room needs to be refurbhised, it likes sleeping on the spring. It is not located in main shopping area, the Seoul station is still within walking distance but to walk in below 0 C is horrible. Good thing it'a near Starbuck to grab a quick bite ang coffee as well as a convenient store is across the street.

• Stayed December 2012
SteveChoi82, 매니저 at Ramada Hotel and Suites Seoul Namdaemun, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilise your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Thank you again for your valuable opinion, We will always develop ourselves Ramada Hotel and Suite Namdaemun.

Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed at Ramada Hotel and Suites in Seoul over the new year's eve for 1 day.
Check in process was flawless and a request for a room away from elevators was honored. The room had two single beds and was quite spacious. It was thoroughly cleaned and was impressed by maids saying hello whenever I passed by. Hotel's location is quite ideal. Maybe 5 - 8 minute walk from Seoul City Hall, and 15 minute walk from Myundong area.
Unfortunately, the check-out process was not as flawless as the check-in process. There were approximately 10 guests waiting to check out around 12pm, but front desk staffs were occupied with a phone call, guest inquiries, etc. It may be a good idea to have an express check-out procedure for a business travelers or guests in hurry.

Overall, the stay was quite pleasant and I would definitely recommend this place for any business travelers, family, or couples.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete review.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 82 2 2119 8900.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Walking distance to Namdaemun. Walking distance to Myeondon. Main shopping area.
Big room with good view. Washer and dryer in room, so you can do your washing.
WiFi in the lobby, right in front of Coffeea Bean. A few convenient stores around for the last minute stuff.

Walking distance to Seoul Station, 5-10mins. (Airport train)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

HK
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We just stayed at the hotel from Dec 23-26. I made the booking directly with the hotel. I gave my credit card details & everything well in advance. Right before I set off for Korea, the hotel emailed me asking for my credit card again - expecting my response via email without which they couldn't guarantee my booking. Are they aware of the potential risks? I called the worldwide reservation hotline, everything confirmed again but they still couldn't promise everything would go to the destined hotel & asked me to call them directly! How easy is it to communicate with Koreans in English? ...... Anyway, I tried my luck & they did have a room for me when I checked in.
When I handed in my room key to check out, they were so efficient to debit my credit card (they did get my record) but didn't ask if I would like to settle the bill by credit card or cash - I was actually counting my money at the counter. This is my 6th trip to Seoul but 1st time staying at Ramada. It is located far out in the middle of a quiet area where there isn't any eateries. The food court in the basement only had 1 chinese restaurant still opened (at 9pm). The rest was deserted like a ghost town.
The shower has a curtain not running the full length to the floor (no door at all), so you can't possibly leave your bathroom not wet after a shower!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jsmami
Thank you for taking the time to complete review.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 19, 2012

My family of 2 adults & a 11-year-old child, booked 1 Double + 1 Single Bed room in September 2012 when they were having "Stay 3 nights 20% off the rates" promotion. We were staying 4 nights in room 1021 on 2 to 5 December 2012 and 2 nights in room 2506 (highest floor) on 9 & 10 December 2012. We paid 151008 won per night for the first 4 nights atnd 188760 won per night for the last 2 nights, rates inclusive of 21% taxes.

Enquiry and requests via emails were fast and efficient.

We took the KAL Limousine Bus (6702) outside door 11A at the arrival hall of Incheon Airport, paid the staff near the signage for one way tickets, adult fare was 15000 won & child up to 12-year-old was 10000won, travelled about 1 hour and alighted at the door of the hotel. Very convenient. Return tickets for adults can be purchased at the hotel reception counter but child ticket has to purchase from the driver.

Do note that the hotel doesn't provide porter service. We requested a luggage trolley as we were travelling with 3 other families so we had many large suitcases to push to the lobby & rooms.

But the hotel do provide luggage storage for the period we were out at the ski resort for 3 nights.

Check-in and check-out were pretty fast for my family. Staffs could speak and understand English.

Bedroom slippers, bath & hand towels, toilet paper & toiletries were provided but do bring your own toothbrush, toothpaste & shaver for man. Safe was inside the wardrobe.

No free wifi in the rooms, only available in the lobby. There was a handphone provided in the rooms but we didn't use it.

The hotel basement & surrounding have many small restuarants but majority of them didn't open on Sundays. 10 mins walk to Seoul Station where a mall & Lotte Mart are (taxi fare only 3200 won), 5 mins walk to Namdaemun & 10 to 15 mins walk to Myeong Dong depending which part(taxi fare less than 4000 won).

Though taxis were cheap & convenient but almost all the drivers didn't know where this hotel located even showed them the hotel's card. If possible, request the A4 size photocopy map from the concierge as majority of the older taxi drivers couldn't see too well when showed them the tiny hotel card.

Overall, i don't mind to stay here again but not during winter season, too cold to walk to majority of the places eventhough they were just nearby and especially with kids.

Room Tip: Level 1 to 13 or 14 have lifts on 2 sides of the hotel so during peak hours you don't have to wa...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sc_myinitial

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We were having a hard time booking for hotels in Seoul last year as our trip was during a Japanese holiday. We just came across Ramada Hotel and Suites online and thought it was a fairly priced hotel. We booked an upgraded room with average expectations.

We were pleasantly surprised when we got to our room as it was a suite with two queen beds, a living room area and 2 baths.The room was well-equipped with a computer, 2 televisions and other amenities. The floor area is quite large and very clean since it's relatively new.

In terms of location, it is in the central business district. There is a food court and Starbucks nearby. It's relatively easy and safe to hail a cab at the lobby. However, if like us, you would prefer to take the train, it's a 10-minute walk to either of 2 train stations. To get to the nearest supermarket, one would need to pass by the underground walkway which is where some homeless senior Koreans stay. It may be quite tiring for kids or older travelers.

Overall, other than the walk to the station, we have no complaints. We will definitely return as long as we are not going with older travelers.

Room Tip: Get an upgraded room. You may also request for bathrooms with either tubs or shower enclosures.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Dubai
Reviewed November 30, 2012

i had the pleasure of staying there this week for 2 nights when I was in Seoul on my business. Very nice and clean place. Good English speaking staff. The breakfast buffet was also good but had to pay extra for the breakfast as it was not included in the price of the room. Downside: Had to pay for the internet in the room it is not free.

Overall a good stay and not too sure if I will come again there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank HussainNalwala
SteveChoi82, 매니저 at Ramada Hotel and Suites Seoul Namdaemun, responded to this review, December 7, 2012