“The concept of plain.”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Jamsil
Description: bills Jamsil is our first Seoul restaurant. I love Korea: it's become the punchy, dynamic powerhouse of the world. It's shiny, brash and modern (and famously envied throughout Asia, I recently discovered, for having the 'best-looking celebrities'). We've tapped into that exciting glamour at Jamsil - the restaurant feels like a greenhouse, overlooking the park and lake, with soaring ceilings, marble tables, gold mirrors around the bar, and green tiles inspired by the fresh produce and herbs of the local cooking. The menu includes all the bills classics plus our interpretation of Korea's spicy vegetable dishes.
Reviewed April 16, 2019

Ate dinner here last night while shopping at the Lotte World Mall. I have eaten at Bill Granger's restaurants in London and really enjoyed so was looking forward. I have to say the staff were lovely and very efficient. My issue was that I was dining with someone who is at the selective stage of their eating life. They are not fond of a lot of vegetables and sauces on food so we asked whether some menu items could be done plain - i.e. steak sandwich with just bread. The staff very politely said no that they do not do that. I asked why and they explained that they just do not ( there was also a language barrier so I must be fair). I asked what if someone had an allergy. They asked if someone did have an allergy and they would try to explain what to avoid but again no adaptation possible. I explained again that there was no allergy but simply a challenging eater. I do dine out quite often so I know we were not asking for anything extremely difficult - just a dish done with the accoutrements of sauce and veg. The server did let us know that they would make a plain sandwich for us for which we were grateful. I don't think this is only a concept here. My experience in Korea this trip (been several times) is that they enjoy the presentation and a variety of flavors in their food. The idea of something not dressed is not the norm.

All that being said, the food came out quickly and the chopped salad and burger were tasty. We especially liked the dressing for the salad. The restaurant is situated on the ground floor of the mall with a nice view of the sculpture between the mall and Avenuel with floor to ceiling windows. A nice place to get coffee and all day breakfast.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed February 21, 2019 via mobile

A very famous Australian style pancake cafe in HK and Japan.

Tried the signature pancake here, absolutely different story from Japan.

Hard texture, taste like a cake instead of pancake, butter and egg taste bad also.

I just ate 1 piece then need to stop.

Coffee was ok by the way.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

I am a huge fan of Bill’s and have eaten in Sydney, Tokyo, London and now Seoul. and what a dissappointment in Seoul.
I had lunch at the Jamsil restaurant. The chili, sesame and peanut crispy chicken burger. And one of the chicken pieces was undercooked.....
Another Night, i wanted to try the New branch in Gangnam and ordered the waguy burger which came with a sauce with bacon or pancetta on top. The waguy Meat was not very good and the sauce came with a piece of bone in.
I have contacted Bill’s in australia but have yet to receive a comment.
Sorry Bill - I am not a fan anymore.....

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed May 26, 2017 via mobile

Came here for brunch on a Saturday morning, about 15 people waiting in line but the restaurant was nearly half empty, with tables not obviously set for reservations. The brunch menu isn't terribly deep, but they make up for it by being more expensive. Avocado was present in about two thirds of the food (I'm allergic, so this was not a good sign for me). The dining area itself was fine enough, but nothing cozy about it. The acoustics made for a noisy experience and it was sometimes difficult to hear my girlfriend. The food that I had was strictly in the 'ok' category, not great but it tasted fine. The sourdough toast was the best part of the meal. I had a taste of the 'free range scrambled eggs' and was really disappointed, very little flavor and their texture and appearance reminded me of the "pink goo" of McDonald's chicken nuggets than of eggs. After the meal I felt nauseated but nothing serious, but I do blame it on the food. Jamsil had plenty of options for a decent brunch so there is no reason to come here again.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed May 25, 2017

at least no wait like the Signiel Seoul buffet breakfast but a terribly neutered menu from the Sydney original. The Ricotta Pancakes were terrible. Just like squashed pieces of scones. Not fluffy, not flavourful and not appetizing enough. I think I've done better with a recipe from Williams Sonoma...

Date of visit: April 2017