“Nice!”
Review of Hotel Elle Inn

Hotel Elle Inn
Ranked #270 of 505 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I took a short pleasure/ business trip into Seoul and this is were we stayed. It is a nice place. Good service and in a central location. Nice whirlpool bath and decent beds. Even the halls look nice.

Room Tip: Book online and you will save money!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Booked this hotel as we were doing the DMZ tour from the USO. The USO Base is just a 2 minute walk away and the Namyeong subway station is also only about a 2 minute walk. The location is excellent. The Hotel itself is very nice. The Rooms are very big, big tv and computer in every room. Also a 2 person hot tub in most rooms I think. The usual Japanese style toilet can be surprising if you don't know what the buttons do! Overall, the place was very good. If you are doing the USO DMZ tour, it leaves very early at like 7 a.m. so this hotel is definitely the best option in Seoul for this!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Make no mistake, this is a love hotel, with cheaper rates for checking in after 10 PM and twin-size jacuzzi bathtubs. I stayed here because I was attending a conference at Sookmyung Women's University and was looking for something in the neighborhood. I didn't like the idea of curfews and lack of security at hostels/guesthouses, but wanted something cheaper than the ridiculously overpriced 'luxury' chain hotels throughout Seoul where there's often very little luxury to be had, so I decided on this place. Location is not bad, close to the Namyeong subway stop at the end of a cul-de-sac dotted with other love hotels, but still only 20 meters or so from restaurants, convenience stores, and other features of urban Korean streets with lots of foot traffic. My room was clean enough, although the lighting was better for romance than for being able to read or do business. Since I didn't plan on working in the room, this wasn't a big problem. Instead of curtains or drapes, there is a wooden sliding door in front of the window that you can close all the way to block outsiders from looking in. Also, the room had an excellent flat-screen TV with a DVD player, for which you can rent DVDs from the front desk, and a desktop PC with wired internet access if you really need it. All in all, an OK place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The first room which I was assigned was noisy. The aircon was leaky badly and dripping water. There is a PC in the room. However, the screen was flickering and the keyboard was super dusty. I asked for a room change after the first night as my wife did not manage to catch any sleep.

The twin-size jacuzzi bath tub didn't work for my second room. The keyboard was again dusty.

Well, I guess the advantage of the hotel is its location. It is minutes away from the MTR.There is also free wifi in the hotel which I guess is another plus point.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank thinksg
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The hotel is clean and equipped with all necessary supplies, plus a twin-size jacuzzi bath tub! Not much facilities provided but good thing is it is nearby the MRT station, restaurants and convenient store. Hotel staffs are very friendly and helpful too. I'll definitely recommend this place to my friends.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mantrajr
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The room is not very clean to me but still acceptable.
There's no safety chain and the door is opened outward.
Thus, I feel unsafe at night.

The room temperature was a little bit high.
But I'm not able to find the controller to lower the temperature.

The English level of staff seems not very good. I had to use very simple English and speak slowly.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed at this hotel last month so we would be able to join the USO's DMZ tour easily. The maps I found on the internet show the hotel in different places. I don't know which is correct. We arrived at the Seoul train station late at night. The taxi cab driver we got had a hard time finding the hotel. We don't speak Korean and the taxi driver didn't know English. I had printed out the hotel address and Google map (it was in Korean) but it wasn't of much use and he didn't know of the Hotel Elle. He understood the Kaya Hotel. So, he went straight down the main street to the front of the Kaya Hotel. He went inside that hotel but they didn't give him any useful information. I knew from reading the Trip Advisor comments that this hotel was in an alley but in the dark we didn't see any alleys. We could see the USO sign so I knew we were close. We then drove past the big office building next to the Hotel Kaya and saw the small alley on the right. The left side of the alley is the wall with barbed wire on top for Camp Kim and the USO. We turned into the alley and the Hotel Elle is immediately behind the office building. The alley curves around and goes past the Rainbow Hotel and ends up on the street with the Namyeoung subway station.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family