Ok, So last-minute hotel rates in Seoul are a mixed bag. Sometimes you can grab a great deal on a franchise hotel (i.e., Hyatt, Sheraton, W, etc.) and other times they are stupidly overpriced without any rhyme or reason, besides the fact that it is "White day" or "Pink day" or whatever. In fact, the entire Seoul hotel market seems to be one of the weirdest on earth, and probably 80% of the hotels are "love motels", not intended for foreign travellers at all.
Hotel Karashy. Weird name, but a great place. I'm convinced I've found one of the best boutique hotels in Seoul, and I'm glad I took the plunge. The hotel is located on lines 2 and 4, it's nowhere near the airport and it's quite the haul to get to. If you are working in the city, chances are you won't be working here, but line 2 will put you pretty close to where you will be.
The room was fantastic. A "standard" room that included a shower booth, tub, a laptop, huge TV with a full-range of English channels (CNN, Bloomberg, and the like), coffee and tea, and a pretty nice bed. If you were blindfolded, you probably would have assumed that this was a large chain hotel, but it certainly isn't
A few downsides:
- The hotel faces the alley, which isn't very appealing or easy to find.
- The restaurant is in the basement, which doesn't do it any favours. The hotel is pretty tall, and it would be much better to put the restaurant on a higher floor.
- The staff doesn't speak English, so try to keep it as simple as possible. They are very kind and helpful, though.
- Hallway noises are very clearly heard from the room.
Anyways, great hotel. I'm so glad I found this gem in Seoul. Seems the rates don't get too wild for last-minute bookings, either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering free WiFi access, Karashy Boutique Hotel Seoul is located next to Exit 8 of Sadang Subway Station (Lines 2 and 4). The hotel is a 20-minute subway ride to the popular Myeongdong (Line 4) and Namdaemun Market (Line 4) areas. Dongdaemun Market (Line 4) is a 25-minute subway ride away. It is 7 km from National Musuem of Korea and a 10-minute drive from the Seoul National University Station. The stylish rooms and suites feature a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a fridge and coffee making amenities. En suite bathrooms come with bath and shower facilities and a hairdryer. Bel Ami Restaurant serves a semi buffet-style breakfast from 07:00 at an additional charge. Dinner is served from 18:00 to 22:00. Guests can head to the 24-hour front desk for assistance with luggage storage and fax/photocopying services. Complimentary parking spaces are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Karashy Seoul Dongjak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.