“Great nights sleep” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #65 of 468 Hotels in Seoul
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great nights sleep”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Business hotel in a fairly central location in Seoul. Friendly staff and well equipped room. Good price for what was available. I booked this for my family as they were arriving from the Uk and there were good airport transfer options. Overall pleased with the stay.

Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Simon F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Dongducheon, South Korea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

We booked through hotels.com and got a 30% discount, which combined with the already-high tripadvisor reviews is what induced us to stay here. We were looking for something close to downtown Seoul but some of the properties on Sejong Way/right in front of the main palace are much more expensive; this place is basically one subway stop further east, so it's still close enough to everything to make getting around very easy, but it's somewhat cheaper.

The property is conveniently located within a 3 minute walk from exit 10 of Euljiro-4ga subway station, it's easy to see from a distance, and it's nice and clean. There was only one restaurant I think that was closed for a special event the day we were there, but everything else was fine. I think the hotels.com confirmation email even said that check-in wasn't until 2pm but we showed up before 1 and they checked us right in.

The room was nice and neat and clean and very modern and beautiful, with surprisingly good views. All we really did was show up and immediately go to bed and then wake up and immediately check out, but the bed was very nice and comfortable and we would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

The first time I stayed here, we stayed in a smoking room and I had no indication to believe it was actually possible to reserve a non smoking room. This time, we were on a non smoking floor (floor 20 in case one wants to ensure they are on a non smoking floor), which certainly made the room more pleasant. Additionally, we had a suite, so the room was substantially larger. Also the room faced west so we had a great view of downtown Seoul (when facing north you get a view of the lighting district which is not so great to look at as it is very industrial looking). Location continues to be convenient to two subway lines, and an easy walk to downtown Seoul.

Room Tip: 20th floor is a non smoking floor. I'm not sure if there are other non smoking floors, but it i...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Spent 3 nights in Seoul on the way to Burma and wanted a hotel that was easy to get to from the airport and easy to navigate Seoul from. Hotel Kukdo was a good choice as it fulfilled both requirements and then some.

I took the airport shuttle bus to and from the hotel and it was great. Especially easy after a long flight from Seattle. Had a light meal in the dining room after arriving and checking in. My room was lovely, not the best of views but still enjoyed it, especially at night with the lights. Room was extremely clean and the furnishings were relatively new. I asked for a quiet room and it definitely was. Never heard anyone in the hallway, in the rooms next door or above.

Location wise, as others have said, it's in an area where light stores are congregated. Blocks and blocks and blocks of them! And not far from it's blocks and blocks of hardware type stores. Very interesting grouping them all together. The hotel is close to 2 subway lines, one almost literally right out the door (just a few steps to the right), the other a block away.

My only complaint/disappointment with the hotel is that my reservation did not include breakfast. My first morning there I ate in the hotel, it was a breakfast buffet and expensive and as I looked around I realized I was the only one who did not have a voucher for breakfast. I asked at the desk about it, they were apologetic but firm, my reservation did not include breakfast (I booked online through Best Western's web site). So I explored a little around the hotel and found a cluster of coffee shops and small restaurants less then a 10 minute walk.

I was very impressed with the public transportation in Seoul, very easy to navigate on my own. And I was much more impressed with Seoul itself then I expected, enough that if I fly that way again I would plan to spend another couple days in the city. There is much to do and I didn't cover much of it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MspTripper
Washington DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed for 2 weeks while on business in Seoul. Service at the hotel was great and the hotel room was beautiful and modern. I accidently dropped my wedding ring down the sink drain, and called the front desk for assistance. In less than five minutes, a maintence worker had opened the drain pipe, retrieved it and put the sink back together. Hotel location was convenient for walking to shopping and restaurants as well as the subway. There's a nice "riverwalk" about two blocks away which was great for a stroll or exercise. I was there alone and walked around by myself at night. Despite a sort of industrial look to the area near the hotel, I felt it was very safe. The only negative comment I have about this hotel is the air conditioning. My room was pretty hot most of the time with temperature around 80 in the room the last few nights.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Had a difficut time chosing hotels as the ones in good locations had small windowless rooms and bad service. This one was located in a district selling lights which I enjoyed browsing while walking a few steps to the subway but can be too quiet at night. However, being near a subway took care of moving around. Besides, taxis are so cheap that at 3000 won ($3) got you to Myeongdong in 10 minutes. I liked Best Western for spacious, clean, new rooms, English speaking staff and amenities.

Room Tip: Non-smoking room and 2 pm check out were kindly given.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CrazzeeShopper
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

My friend and I stayed in the ladies room on 11th floor from 14 to 17 Oct. They allowed me to check in as early as 11am (upon request and availability) which was a pleasant surprise. The conceirge and housekeeping team are helpful, only issue is they do not really understand English. So we had a bit of difficulty explaining to them when we needed extra pillows, and when our room had a blackout. It also took quite fair bit of sign language for both us and them to understand the reason of the blackout (which was due to my friend's iphone charger).

The room was spacious and clean, totally free of cigarette smell. There is a leg massager in the room, good for shopaholics like us. Good and bad thing is they have the wash basin outside the toilet. Good for 2 ladies sharing a room so you do not have to queue to use the wash basin while the bathroom is taken.

Located within an area somewhat looks like light industrial estate which comprises lots of lighting and printing shops so once the shops closed it can get a bit quiet. It is however only less than 3 minutes walk to nearest exit of Euljiro 4-ga station, which is less than a stop or 2 away from major interchange stations. Airport limou 6015 is right in front of the hotel.

Behind the hotel at around Euljiro 3-ga, you can get food easily by walking through the printing shop alley in 5 minutes. There are a number of small eateries selling local food like kimbap and seafood noodles. Pretty reasonably priced. There are also a lot of cafes along this street so plenty of food choices. There is a small convenient store right below the hotel that makes it really convenient to pick up necessity along the way back at night. A place I would definitely come back again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends