“Location and hotel rooms okay, but service so-so” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Premier Kukdo

BEST WESTERN Premier Kukdo
Ranked #58 of 450 Hotels in Seoul
Hsinchu, Taiwan
“Location and hotel rooms okay, but service so-so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

My family and I (all 5 of us) stayed in this hotel upon recommendation by the travel agent. The rooms are big enough and clean and well-kept, although if they had connecting rooms, that would've been amazing. Since there were 5 of us, we had to stay in 2 rooms across from each other. We ended up having to cross the hall from one room to the other to get stuff from each other's luggages. Sometimes one room would get locked out because one of my kids would accidentally close the door with the room key still in the power latch. But overall the rooms were okay and big enough. What turned me off was the service. One night my youngest child vomited on the bed at 10pm and so I called housekeeping only to be informed that they don't have housekeeping after 5pm. They said I had to change the bed by myself. I guess if it was said nicely and apologetically, I would not have minded. But it was said in a tone like it's not their problem so I had to deal with it myself. Take note that this hotel is supposed to be an 'ecologically-friendly' hotel in the sense that they don't turn on the A/C when the temp is not above a certain degree (I think 21 degrees, but not really sure). It was April when we stayed there, so at night it would get a bit warm but we couldn't do anything about it. They don't offer complimentary toothbrushes, so my husband and I had to purchase it (we thought it was free). Breakfast was good. So perhaps others had a great experience with this hotel. As I said, it was only okay for me.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CGL123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
All Over...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

I was looking to stay around Myeongdong area for a night to do my shopping and was perplexed as to what hotel to choose, as there were a few. However, after a thorough research I decided on Best Western Premier Kukdo Hotel due to overall good reviews and close proximity to my desired location. I also got a good deal on Agoda.
The hotel stands on a main street and is about 10-15 (depending how fast you walk) minutes walking distance from Myeongdong, and a few steps away from Euljiro 4 station, exit 10 which is linked to the Euljiro 1 station through the underground shopping walkway. I took the walkway, as it was quite cold out that day, and found a boutique with stylish scarves. Once you exit, walk straight for about a minute and the hotel is right there. To get to Myeongdong, all you have to do is walk straight for about 12 minutes and then turn left and you are there.
The hotel itself is clean and modern (when compared to other hotels in Korea of the same stature). The lobby though is not on the main floor but the second floor. Check in was very fast and I got a BB cream as a present. The hotel has something called “women’s floor” where only women can stay. It is a little more expensive and you get a basket full of cosmetics and samples for women. But I figured, why pay more and get the free basket when I’ll be shopping in Myeongdong and I can choose what cosmetics I want to buy myself.
I can’t remember what floor I stayed on, but it was one of the top 4 floors. My view was excellent, it was facing the Namsan Tower. The room wasn’t too small, beds were comfortable to sleep. There was a bathtub with soap, shampoo and conditioner, a modern toilet with features and a sink outside of the bathroom. Complementary water was given as well.
At the time I stayed, there European guests and a lot of Japanese guests. I am quite happy with the stay and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor facing Namsan Tower.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank shate
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

We only stayed here one night and booked it at the last minute so this review probably reflects the fact that it seemed overpriced. It is clean and comes with typical amenities. It would be ok if you don't plan to spend much time in your room and can get a good rate (no more than $150). The location is central in that it's next to a subway station, but it felt like you have to walk more than 15 minutes to get to anywhere worth seeing. It seemed like there were a lot of Japanese tour groups at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank travellersf00
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

My wife and I celebrated our anniversarry at Seoul and we booked this hotel die to its proximity and price. The value of hotel is not too expensive and its room is modern enough. We have no complaints. We arrive Incheon Airport early around 6am and there is a bus right outside airport foors that drops right infront of hotel. Only cost 10,000 won per person versus a spendy taxi. We were allowed to check in early with no extra costs. They even gave my wife BB cream as welcome gift. Theirs beds are comfy and their rest room is clean with tub. Their toilet bowl is remote controlled and with heater on water and seat. We did not try their bfast its american and spendy we are 15 min walk to Myeondong so we decided to eat korean food there. Dongdaemon is also only few mins away. Also the Myeondong Cathedral so as Namdaemon Market. we will definitely stay here again. Ow the only downside is no wifi in rooms only lobby and ground level floors. They got plug in internet in room also free but we only had iphone and ipad with us.

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank jaypee0501
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

we stayed in 2 different hotels on our trip to Seoul. One is a five star hotel in Gangnam and the other is Best Western Kukdo.

It's 5 mins away to the closest subway station and 2 stops away to Myeongdong. Very convenient and you get more privacy as it's not directly in front of the major streets.

Airport limousine stops directly in front of the hotel, which another plus point. Family mart just around the corner (in case you're feeling hungry and craving for korean instant noodle at night)

Although the price was almost halves than what we paid on the other hotel, it lived to our expectation! Room was clean and nicely decorated. Not very spacious but comfortable.

I'd recommend this place to anyone visiting Seoul and wants to stay near the bustling Myeongdong.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank susana0172
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

We had originaly wanted to book a hotel in Myeongdong but due to the year-end peak season, we had to settle for Best Western. It turned out that we made an excellent choice! The hotel is just a few steps away from Euljiro 4 station (exit 10) and the underground links all the way to Euljiro 1 station (where Lotte Shopping Center is) by foot in 15 minutes. The underground not only provides respite from the cold during winter, it is also a great way to explore the city. A big plus is the airport shuttle which stops right at the doorstep.

We had a room on the 19th floor overlooking the city. Room is modern and clean and comes with internet access. While the room comes with all the basic amenities such as skin lotion, shampoo, etc, the hotel does not seem too generous with other essentials. We had two bottles of complimentary mineral water provided on the first day but not the subsequent days. Toothbrush and toothpaste are available at a cost.

Service at the concierge was excellent. The staff was able to give good recommendations on local cuisine and helped us with bookings for a ski trip. Would defintiely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Marilyn C
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

Very modern with a great bar and restaurant. The rooms are very clean.and nice. The service is solid.
The location seemed good, right on the metro although I don't know Seoul well enough to comment on it relative to other areas.
I would stay her again for sure.

Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends