“Good location, Clean place, Reasonable price”

Namsan Guesthouse 2
Ranked #22 of 568 Specialty Lodging in Seoul
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Good location, Clean place, Reasonable price”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is my first time staying in a guesthouse and I have no particular expectations. Being 5 of us, we stayed at Namsan 2 VIP 6 for 7 nights and I would say it is basic yet not compromising on the quality of its facilities. However, if you have elderly persons and lots of heavy luggages, Namsan 2 VIP rooms would not be so suitable as it is located on the 3rd & 4th floor without lifts – so climbing the stairs everyday can be tiring.

Facilities include Free wi-fi - though sometime can be unstable, TV in room, private toilet with tub, hairdryer, air-conditioning, washing machine, free landline overseas call and lots of help and advice on tourist spots from the friendly staff. Free breakfast of bread and cup noodles and coffee are provided. Hot and cold water dispenser and a refrigerator is available for use, Some cutleries like plates, bowls, cups, spoons and forks are available for use.

The rooms are very clean, comfortable and adequate – though the doors to room and toilet are a bit squeaky. Our room is quite large and can sleep up to 7 people.

The location is very convenient, just 5 - 7 minutes away from the subway and the shopping area of Myeongdong and 5 -10 minutes (depending how fast you can walk up the slope) to the cable car station to N Seoul Tower. Lots of reasonable eating places in Myeongdong and nearby the guest house.

Definitely will recommend and return to stay at this place on my next visit.

Room Tip: VIP 4, 5 & 6 are located on the 4th floor. Vip 6 have attached bathroom while VIP 4 & 5 pri...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Jaime_Malaysia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Selangor, Malaysia
Reviewed August 13, 2012

- stayed here twice, in 2011 and 2012 with 9 more friends
- the rooms are very clean, comfortable and adequate
- breakfast is nice
- what's cool is you get to call your loved ones at home (landline) for free!
- the staffs are super nice, friendly and efficient, especially Paul...super sweet guy.
- great location, just 7 minutes walk to MyeongDong ang 12 monutes to Namdaemun Market
- The uncle who brought us twice to from the airport is vrry nice too!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank nohano
Guangzhou, China
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I chose namsan guesthouse 3 as the place I stayed at the forth time I went to Korea. I saw some good comments about it and I could not find a cheap place to stay, so I reserved a room there. It's not cheap among guesthouse, but the location is good. If you're a person likes shopping just as me, staying here would be a good choice. I love namsan tower so much, too. When I stayed in my room I can see the tower, which is amazing. The room is not big, with a quite small bathroom, TV and free Internet. The bathroom is very small, so you have to be careful not to make your clothes wet.
The persons in this guesthouse is friendly. When I could not find the place, they showed me the way and told me how to open the door with password. There is elevator so you don't need to carry luggage. However, I was not satisfied because they promised to leave me a room on fifth floor, but at last they didn't because of the full booking.
There's a roof garden, which is nice. Downstairs you can see a big place, with kitchen, free telephone etc. I like the service they offered. I could make international call there, which was the only place that offers this convenient service.
I could walk to Myeongdong from the guesthouse, which saved me a lot of transportation fee. I did a lot of shopping there as I lived too near. I will live some place else to experience different life.

Room Tip: Any room is OK. It's a quite place.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Crystal L
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Free wi-fi, has a small TV in room, near the Myeongdong subway and cable car to Seoul Tower. A little old but is clean. Will recommend if you're not so picky about the small space.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Malaysia
Reviewed July 8, 2012

After coming out from the subway at Myeongdong, take Exit 3, the guest house is located uphill at only 5 min walking distance. You will see G25 convenience store which is on the right, TwoTwo fried chicken restaurant and Pacific Hotel on the left, Jeong Hwa Arts University and a bakery on your right and there is Namsan Guest House located on the left. There are 2 security doors you have to go through, the outer wooden door and the inner glass door are fully secured with a pin code which will be given to you.
I stayed on the 3rd floor for 5 nights. The room is small and the bathroom is even smaller. However, at the price, you can't complain because it is really conveniently located next to the subway which makes commuting so much easier.
Opposite the subway is Uniqlo and the Myeongdong street markets and the ever numerous famous cosmetic shops of every brand you never think is possible, all existing side by side. Namdaemun is within walking distance where you can go to Doota, Good Morning City and other malls which are open till 4.30 am daily except Mondays.
Namsan provides free cup ramen which you help yourself from the reception daily. There is a communal kitchen at lower ground with two refrigerators and coffee from the coffee machine though the coffee is a bit too mild for my taste. Sandwich bread are provided with butter, peanut butter and fruit jam. You may choose to toast your bread in a bread toaster. All the usual kitchen cutlery are available though I can't find a small spoon to get the sugar and creamer to go with my coffee. 2 PCs are available for the guests' use as well as a heavy duty weighing scale which is really helpful to weigh our luggage in case we are overweight. A washing machine is also situated here and detergent is provided.
If you need to change your towels, go to the reception or approach the female cleaner who will offer you fresh towels. The towels are a bit small even when I am petite.
If your flight is late in the evening, you can store your luggage at the huge locked storage room at the lower ground. They also provide van shuttle service at the cost of 75000 won for 6 persons or less when there are 4 pax. Just put up a notice on the notice board at the lower ground if you need more people to share the shuttle service with to share out the costs.
I was satisfied with my stay because of its convenient location at affordable costs.

Room Tip: select a room on the higher floor as it can be noisy for guests who tend to stay up late and chat at...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Wanderlen
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed at Namsan 2 for 4 nights, and it exceeded my expectations of staying at a guesthouse. It was my first time staying in a guesthouse, and I would say Namsan Guesthouse is basic yet not compromising on the quality of its facilities.

My first impression is that the guesthouse was very clean and tidy. There was also no lack of basic facilities - a private toilet with a tub, wifi, TV, hairdryer, ample power sockets, air-conditioning. Only complaint I have is that the water heater can get quite extreme with the temperature of the water. When the temperature is adjusted to hot, the water will take a while to heat up, and when it does, the water will become scalding hot. Then when adjusted to a cooler temperature, the water will be freezing cold. Wifi can be unstable as well, depending on your location, where signal strength varies. Both are not big issues, considering I paid an average of 27000 won per person per night (I stayed in a 3 person room with two other friends)

The location is very convenient, just 3 minutes away from the subway and the shopping district, and 5 minutes from the cable car station to N Seoul Tower.

I would definitely stay there again if I ever visit Seoul.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank medeostrike
KL
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed at Namsan 3. We picked this guesthouse for the location and budget-friendly price. It is located within walking distance from the subway, Myeongdong and the Namsan tower. The place is rather informal but the multilingual staff are very friendly and helpful. The room is small and basic but comfortable enough for us. The bathroom/toilet however is really too tiny... but bearable. Free Wi-Fi.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple