We stayed at this property from 14th till 19th October in a Studio Apartment and have mixed feelings of our experiences. The choice was made based on space and location vs price and I'd rate it a 3.5-above average given that 4 and 5-stars hotels are expensive in Seoul.
1) The space - the apartment was about 34 sqm with a king-bed and I loved the many concealed cabinets/drawers for my loads of stuff, brought from home and from the daily shopping. Truly well furnished intended for travellers as a temporary home.
2) Location - I like the location as it was close to everywhere but not in the middle of noise and crowd. There is an airport bus (number 6005) which stops right at Fraser's entrance costing KRW10,000. There are 2 subway stations nearby and the Deoksugung Palace/Namdaemun Market/Myeongdong are all within 15 minutes of walking distances. Seoul Station is just 1 stop away from the City Hall station. Around Fraser are mostly office buildings, small local eateries, cafes/bakeries and convenience stores.
3) Internet - very high-speed internet connection is available in the apartment but is chargeable.
a) Bath time - because living space was so well maximised that it resulted in a small shower stall and toilet, with the washing basin located OUTSIDE the door so strictly speaking there was no bathroom in our apartment of that layout! Having to get dressed in the little standing space between the entrance hallway and the 'bathroom' was indeed challenging. The toileries were not replaced until I left a written note for Housekeeping.
b) Language barrier - most of the fittings came with Korean instructions only, examples being the aircon set, gas stove and microwave oven.
In general, I feel the stay was pleasant enough but the Husband felt that some reception staff were neither friendly nor helpful when we asked for directions which puzzled him (who travels frequently to Seoul and was cynical at my choice of FRaser in downtown instead of his familar Gangnam).
Tip : look out for Ms Libby and Mr Chris at the reception, they are lovely to talk to!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fraser Place Central Seoul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fraser Place Central Seoul Hotel Seoul
- Fraser Place Central Hotel Seoul