“Good location, very good for basic hotel needs (sleep and wash)”
Review of Hotel Kobos

Hotel Kobos
Ranked #180 of 504 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Stayed here in mid-November. This hotel is on Yeouido island on the Hanggang river.

Location:
Very good, 5 min. walk from the metro Line 9 National Assembly station. This line comes from Gimpo airport and continues to Gangnam area. It also connects with Line 5 and Line 2, which will bring you to downtown Seoul in about 25-30 min. I went to Itaewon in 25 min. door-to-door. It is also a 10 min walk to Lexington hotel airport bus stop.
Many coffee shops (Starbucks, Costa Coffee), restaurants, bars and mini-marts in the immediate vicinity. This area is a business area of Seoul, so expect it to be much more crowded Monday-Friday, and more quiet during the weekend.

Room: I had a Deluxe Double. It was not spacious, maybe about 20 sq.mt., but it had all the basic amenities. Comfortable queen-size bed, computer with internet connection, mini-fridge, small sofa, coffee and tea making facilities, and wardrobe for your clothes (not a given in Korean budget hotels!). Small window, but can be opened. Quiet, no street noise especially on weekends.

Bathroom: HUGE clean bathroom, separate shower and jacuzzi tub, good water pressure and plenty of hot water.

Service: Good overall. Typical Korean politeness. Reception desk will assist with any travel questions and their English level is ok. I had to check out one day early and initially I had a problem coordinating this with Hotels.com and the manager. But in the end I was given the refund for the last day.

Breakfast and Facilities: didn't try, so no opinion there.

Overall, this hotel will not impress any girlfriend, but it is a good choice if traveling on budget and you are looking for a quiet basic hotel for sleeping and washing.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back are facing another building's wall 10 meters away. Ask for a front-facing room...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank EliasNYC

Reviewed December 8, 2011

My family (6 of us) stayed at this hotel for a week. Our rooms were cleaned daily and we had fresh towels everyday. Near MRT about 5 mins walk. There are plenty of cafes nearby like the Paris Croissant, Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, 7 Eleven as well as restaurants. Breakfast was simple. I would stay here again during my next visit to Seoul. Our only complaint was the noise that came from the guests next door. they were college students who came on study trip and boozed on some nights.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank anissha
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We stayed in the executive suite...and for the money paid I expected much more.
TV only had about 5 channels, of which 1 showed English movies.
The bedding was dirty- blood stain on the duvet!!
The hotel seems old and the rooms do not look anything like the pictures on their website.
Breakfast incl, but when I went down around 9:30 I was told "breakfast finished", asked what time they stopped serving- 9:20, which I found ridiculous. Went back up and had my Chuseok manju cakes and sachet coffee for breakfast.

Spa bath was nice enough though, bed was good- nice and big.
Lots of hofs and places to eat in the area, and near the subway.

All in all I don't think I will stay there again- I've seen love motels that look much grander for less.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Great value and service. Clean and nice. Was pleasantly surprised the spa worked and the whole family could fit into the tub. We slept so well, we slept through the breakfast time. We woke up past 9am every morning, which was a shame because it would have been nice to try the brekkie and review it.
Lastly, we had just checked out and it was raining outside. The whole family helped us out with our luggage into the taxi and helped tell the taxi driver where we needed to go.

Room Tip: Just bring your clothes, everything else is there.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank bnch
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Hotel room is surprisingly big and clean. Toilet came with a spa function. Near to mrt, about 5-10 mins walk. Breakfast was simple. Staff can speak english, and quite helpful. The hotel provides basic necessities for free; however, the comb is not clean.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank sonria28
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I have been to Seoul once before and this is the first time I'm staying in Hotel Kobos. Previously, I stayed in Lotte Hotel. My first impression of Hotel Kobos was that it looks like a love hotel. My travel agent had told me that it was a 3* hotel but I think it's only worth at most 2*.
The furnishings inside the room were worn out. The towels were torn at the sides, yellowish and had a musky smell.
It takes about 1 hour by train to reach Downtown Seoul. The nearest subway station is National Assembly, which is a 5-10 minutes walk away. The hotel is surrounded by office buildings, so there's no tourist attractions nearby.
There's no free wifi in the hotel but there is a computer with internet available in the room. It's window-based and in Korean. There's also a jacuzzi and steam bath in the bathroom too.
Given a choice again, I would choose to stay somewhere closer to town, given that the subway closes at 12 midnight and there are still places to visit at night in Downtown (Dongdaemun etc.).

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Sia65
Reviewed June 13, 2011

THIS IS A NICE HOTEL, it is located very close to subway an so you can reach any place in seoul, it is very conveniently located to come and go from incheon airport or domestic airport also, there are several restaurants and minimarts arround, yeouido park is two blocks away, rooms are average for the price. They even speak a little english also. that is very helpfull in Korea.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo