Overall a very good choice when visiting Seoul. Right on the 6015 airport bus route from Incheon (9,000 Won). They will announce the hotel name in English so no concern about missing your stop. Pickup from same location.
Lobby and restaurant is on 19th floor with great views. Room was a little small with only half of the outside wall having a window. Bath only had a shower. Also arrived around 10pm and wound up with a smoking room for the first night, which isn't my preference but in this case wasn't bad enough to need to switch rooms the next day.
Inexpensive guest self-serve laundry (1,000 Won for a dryer). Free and good quality internet using a cable (not wireless). Also computers and a printer in the lobby (paper 100 Won / page at the lobby desk).
Buffet breakfast had a wide selection of western food and everything tried was good quality.
Fitness center was disappointing. Only a few treadmills and a few other pieces of equipment. (Time permitting there are great running and cycling trails along the Han River but it isn't that close to the hotel).
Location is great. Right across the street from the flagship Lotte department store (good food court on the B1 level). Walking distance to the cable car to N Seoul Tower (7,000 Won return, plus tower admission). Also walking distance to Insadong district (souvenirs, art, antiques) and the Namdaemun and Myong-dong shopping areas. For other destinations the excellent Seoul subway is a short walk north (get a T-Money smart card for easy on/off access).
Overall would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Ibis Myeong Dong is located in the heart of the trendiest shopping district in Seoul, with major department stores, restaurants, cafes and nightclubs nearby. The hotel features 280 contemporary style rooms with LCD televisions as well as a restaurant, sauna, gym, business centre, coin operated laundry and parking. Major banks and businesses also have their headquarters in the area and the hotel has two meeting rooms available for up to 40 delegates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, ACCOR, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Ambassador Myeong Dong Hotel
- Accor Ambassador Myeong Dong Hotel