Stayed here for 7 nights. The experience was very good.
Arrived early and they managed to check us in early after some checking.
The staff that we encountered all spoke English. All of them were very helpful. They always greeted us with a smile when we left or returned to the hotel. Very helpful with all our queries. Credit to a staff called Benjamin. There were of course others, but too many to name (Those at the front desk on Level 1).
1. Airport Limousine Bus Service just outside hotel (About 10,000 won from Incheon Airport. (Tip : There are coupons in tourist maps or tourist booklets that can give you 1,000 won discount)
2. It is a few minute walk to and from Euljiro-1 ga Station Exit 6.
3. Hotel provides free shuttle service to (one-way) certain tourist locations at 9am, 10am and 2pm. You can book with them the day before. For the different locations, you can check with them. (Saves you some travelling time and money taking train)
4. Hot Bath, Gym and laundry available. (Laundry and Dryer is about 1,000 won each per load)
5. Excellent Location. Lots of food, cosmetics shop, duty free shopping at Lotte, underground shopping centre, easily accessible to all tourist locations (usually just a few train stations away).
6. Free WiFi.
7. Not too expensive for its excellent location
1. Rooms not very soundproof, usually can hear the cleaning crew pushing their carts in the morning when they go about their duties. Sometimes you can hear the TV next door. Not good if you want to sleep in.
2. No toiletries provided, only a lotion that is supposed to act as shampoo, shower foam all in one and a handsoap. You can buy toothbrush and toothpaste from a vending machine in the hotel if I am not mistaken on Level 10.
3. As others have stated, sometimes not quite sure how the aircon adjusted its temperature, but still within my comfort level. But sometimes it got a little stuffy, but with so many things around the hotel, you won’t be in the room much.
Overall it was an excellent experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Ibis Myeong Dong is located in the heart of the trendiest shopping district in Seoul, with major department stores, restaurants, cafes and nightclubs nearby. The hotel features 280 contemporary style rooms with LCD televisions as well as a restaurant, sauna, gym, business centre, coin operated laundry and parking. Major banks and businesses also have their headquarters in the area and the hotel has two meeting rooms available for up to 40 delegates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Ambassador Myeong Dong Hotel
- Accor Ambassador Myeong Dong Hotel