Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong
$70
$213
$198
2,855 results
All reviewshot bathairport buslotte department storeexcellent locationjunior suiteinformation deskice dispenserthe ground floorshopping districtfree shuttledoor stepstreet foodnight marketeuljiro galaundry roomcity hallnon smoking room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I really love this hotel!

The location is so strategic so hat my wife can do her shopping at the door step. Access to the good food in Myeongdong definitely has no problem at all. My check in experience was good. The front desk staff is very helpful and the most important with smiley face and friendly.

We had our buffet lunch in the hotel during our stay. My gosh, the beef is the best I ever have in Korea for the last 9 days! It is exceptional good!

Another important factor is the airport limousine stop is just in front of the man door. It is so convenient for us! I will be back if I come back Seoul again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
JaeKyung_LEE, General Manager at Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Dear Mr. Jeremy T,

Warm greetings from Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong!
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong on trip advisor. We are happy to read that you had an wonderful stay and enjoyed your visit at our hotel. It is encouraging to learn that guests are satisfied with our as it is what we strive for every single day. All of us at Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong would like to offer our sincere thanks for your kind review. We would like to welcome you again in the near future!

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 9, 2014

The biggest problem for me was the centralised air-conditioning system in this hotel because we couldn't adjust the temperature in the room to our liking. Although it was winter and bitterly cold outside, it didn't necessarily mean that it was cold indoors. In fact, it felt too warm and extremely stuffy in the room.
We had to borrow a portable electric fan and also a humidifier from the reception (a tip we read in one of the reviews). It was the first time we had to use a FAN in a hotel room.
Eventually I caught a cold during our stay here (I blame myself for sleeping with wind blowing at me during winter time) so obviously we will think twice about staying here again.

Food served at the hotel restaurant at lunchtime was below average and of limited variety.
They have a small but nice and clean gym, free to use, though.

Of course, the location is unbeatable, when it comes to shopping.
Staff was helpful whenever we asked for directions. We were not informed of any free shuttle bus service to Gyeongbokgung though, which I just read from another review, strange.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pinkDu
JaeKyung_LEE, 제너럴 매니저 at Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Dear Mr./Ms. pinkDu,

Greetings from Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong!
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
Concerning air-conditioning, it is centralized throughout the hotel floors. Hence, individual control of room temperature can not be conformed to the figure on control panel in room once in a while. The management has presently been working up to improve air-conditioning and ventilation system and, regarding the Shuttle serive information is on the screen located on lobby floore. However, I will take the necessary action to improve the matter.
Once again, we wish to thank you for your support and hope that unpleasant incident will not in any way prevent you from availing yourself of our services in the future.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

For fans of Seoul, most of us would be focused on food and shopping, usually at an intense level. Choosing to stay at Ibis meets all of my vacation needs because:

1. Food - located right in Myeongdong and a stone's throw from a variety of restaurants, eateries and street food.

2. Shopping - located right in Myeongdong with a wide range of skincare shops and just across the road from Lotte Department Store (with an excellent Duty Free section).

3. Spa - avid shoppers will understand how important it is to soothe tired muscles after a long day of shopping. Ibis has a wonderful hot bath which is free for hotel guests' use, with separate male and female bath areas which really helps to relief aching legs and feet.

4. Subway - located very close to the subway station (Euljiro-1 ga exit 6) for easy access to more shopping and food in other parts of Seoul.

5. Other transportation - the hotel provides a free shuttle bus to Gyeongbokgung and other main tourist attractions and the bus stop for the Airport Limousine Bus 6015 is directly outside the hotel.

6. Entertainment - located very close to the Myeongdong Nanta Theatre which is worth going for first-time visitors. Ibis very kindly offered free tickets for a promotional period on a weekday afternoon which we declined only because we have watched the show before and to save precious time for shopping.

6. Comfortable stay - everything else about the hotel was great, from the checking in and checking out process, spacious room (please book the Junior Suite if you are not used to the small standard rooms - see also room tips), clean housekeeping, free wifi, etc.

I really enjoyed my stay at Ibis and would recommend it for the above reasons.

Room Tip: I have stayed at Ibis twice - the first time in the Standard Room and the second time in the Junior Suite. The Junior Suite is better for a more comfortable stay as the room is much bigger and two pillows are provided instead of one per person. Also, on the bed in the Standard Room I could frequently smell cigarette smoke from the next room in the early mornings and late evenings.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
JaeKyung_LEE, General Manager at Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear Ms. SingaporeSnow,

Warm greetings from Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong!
May I begin by thanking you for logical review on trip advisor regarding your staying.
All of our staff greatly appreciate your praise of our hotel.
It is always encouraging to learn that guest are satisfied with our service as it is what we strive for every day. We were thrilled to read your 5 full bubble review.
Again, thank you taking time to share your comments with us.
We would like to welcome you in the near future again!!

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed May 6, 2014

This hotel is situated in the heart of Myeong-Dong which is great for shopping and food. Shopping here is endless albeit mainly chain and international brands rather than boutiques and food options abound.

Staff were generally helpful, and the hotel thoughtfully caters to your needs (without additional charges). Examples include:
- Free wi-fi and wired internet,
- Water coolers/ice machines
- humidifiers and various other items loanable from the service desk for free
- coin operated laundry service
- a shuttle bus that drops off (no pick up) patrons at key tourist locations.
- a complimentary public transport card pre-loaded with 2,000 KWR on arrival (enough for your first train trip).

The only minor comments I'd make are:
- lifts were very slow
- Myeong-dong in general is not a cheap neighbourhood reflected in prices of food and clothes
- there is no room service so if you want something (like a humidifier or extra pillow) you need to go to reception to pick it up - but staff are very obliging and this was not a big deal for me.

All in, it was a very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank xolstis
JaeKyung_LEE, General Manager at Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear xolstis,

Warm greetings from Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong!
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong. It is always a pleasure to receive kind feedback. Especially, as you mentioned, our location is very helpful to the traveler because it is very near to food stalls, restaurants, cafes and shops.. ,and it is very near to the Seoul Metro stations (Euljiro il-ga) and has Airport Limousine bus stop in front of hotel. And, you already described about the hotel service like free wi-fi, shuttle bus and coin-laundry room. We appreciate your kindness.

Also, we would like to deeply thank you for your kind compliments on our staffs. Your compliments have certainly motivated us to further develop our service of staff for the benefit of valuable guests, such as yourself. And also concerning the lifts, it has been carefully noted to be improved for our future planning.
Thank you for choosing Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback, and we truly look forward to welcoming you again in the near future where we will do our best to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Stayed 7 nights at the Junior Suite room from April 26-May 3. Hotel location is excellent. Except on the date of our arrival, due to their internal communication problems, we had to wait for around 2 hours to get the room type we originally requested and confirmed by the hotel, other than that everything is pretty satisfactory. WiFi connection is fabulous!! If we ever return to Seoul in the future, we will stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lala1910
JaeKyung_LEE, 제너럴 매니저 at Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Dear Mr./Ms. Lala1910,

Warm greetings from Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong.
I am deeply sorry that it took a long time for room assginment.
We would like to tell that appropriate action has been taken with all of receptionist and room attendants with housekeeping supervisor, to ensure this unpleasant internal miscommunication does not happen again. Thank you for informing us about this matter and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you and regain your confidence in the near future.

Kind regards,