While the service was good and the location is central to shopping and some historic areas, the price is very high for the accommodations you receive. The room is small and the bathroom is VERY small (a modular capsule of sorts). I felt like was in a motel rather than a hotel and definitely feel I overpaid. It was clean, but there was an odd smell to the room and the carpet needs to be replaced. It did have a good TV with cable, a safe, and a mini fridge, although, the closet did not have a door. One other drawback was the energy blackouts they had each night in the middle of the night, resulting in the air conditioning turning off and the emergency overhead light in the room turning on (around 2:00a one night and 4:00a another night); thus my low rating for sleep quality. Not sure if the hotel had control of this or not, but it was not pleasant, to say the least. If I return to Seoul, I will not stay in this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Ibis Myeong Dong is located in the heart of the trendiest shopping district in Seoul, with major department stores, restaurants, cafes and nightclubs nearby. The hotel features 280 contemporary style rooms with LCD televisions as well as a restaurant, sauna, gym, business centre, coin operated laundry and parking. Major banks and businesses also have their headquarters in the area and the hotel has two meeting rooms available for up to 40 delegates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Accorhotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Ambassador Myeong Dong Hotel
- Accor Ambassador Myeong Dong Hotel