“Its all about LOCATION”

ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong
Ranked #68 of 529 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed February 13, 2013

It goes without saying that the hotel is in a great location in Myeong dong area, one of the most happening area of Seoul. Hotel is good but basic if you excuse small bathroom. But you find refrigerator, safe locker, coffee maker in the room. Room size is okay. Hotel is clean with good friendly staff. Try to get breakfast included in room charges ( so you don't have to go away in bitter cold which was between -10 to -17 and snow) GSM does not work so rent a phone which hotel provides which is cheaper. So many restaurants within 5 minutes of walking distance. Its very colorful area marked with hundreds of shops. Dandaemun Market is 5 minutes away. Bus 6015 from Incheoon Airport stops in front of the hotel..very convenient and cheap transport. Subway ( metro ) station "eulgiro 1 ga' is 200 meters away. I will stay there next time.

Room Tip: Stay on higher floor and take rooms like 1722 to 1728 which offers good view
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Steve_CHOI, General Manager at ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Guest

Warm greetings from Ibis Seoul Myeong-dong!

I’m so glad that you had a nice stay in Ibis Seoul Myeong dong!

Especially, we would like to deeply thank you for your kind compliments on our facilities.

Your compliments have certainly motivated us to further develop our service of staff for the benefit of valuable guests, such as yourself.

Again, thank you for choosing Ibis Seoul Myeong-dong.
And, we would like to welcome you in the future.

ibis Seoul Myeong-dong

Write a ReviewReviews (2,796)

Reviewed February 11, 2013

No better service!!
It was great experience to me. First, i reserved as smoking room but as a gesture of kind, front desk lady suggests non smoking room for my convinience. later as my requests, (because i really need a cigarette-_-) she changed room with smile face!!

just hot bath!
wire of temperature indicated 43'c, was off from the wall.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Steve_CHOI, General Manager at ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear JINNIHA

On behalf of the management and staff of Ibis Seoul Myeong-dong, I would like to thank you for staying with us.

I would like to deeply thank you for your kind comments on tripadvisor.

Your comments have certainly motivated us to further develop our service staff for the benefit of valuable guests, such as yourself.

Agian, thank you for choosing Ibis Myeong-dong.

And, I would like to welcome you in the future.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Hotels can be very pricey in Seoul and for those not daring enough to try the non-established chains this might be the perfect option. OK you're not going to get the high class amenities you do in the other luxury hotels but you're going pay at least half the price!
Very well situated to City Hall and just opposite Lotte Hotel makes it very convenient. There's an airport bus that will bring you from Incheon right to the front door (almost). I ALWAYS use the airport bus whenever possible, again it saves you a small fortune compared to a taxi.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GarryPy
Steve_CHOI, General Manager at ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear Mr.Garry Py

Warm greeting from Ibis Myeong dong and thank you staying with us recently.

It is always happy to read precious comments from guest.

Once again, thank you for posting a great review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tarn266
Steve_CHOI, General Manager at ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Hotel is very clean, and both my wife and I enjoy the location so much, as it is located in the shopping belt area. Food is never a problem as there were alot of small eatery around the hotel. The only setback that I feel is the elevator. Though there are like 5 elevator in the ground floor lobby, but only 2 is usable. Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much and will definitely be coming back to Seoul again during the Autumn.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Warm greeting from Ibis Seoul Myeong-dong!

I would like to deeply thank you for your kind comments on tripadvisor.

Agian, thank you for choosing Ibis Myeong-dong.

And, I would like to welcome you in the future.

An Accor traveler
Reviewed January 28, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Steve_CHOI, General Manager at ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Best merit, I think, is location and amenity. Location was so good for shopping. And amenity, especially spa and cell phone rental was nice. Spa, it’s my first experience and I began to loved it. It was so amaging. And cell phone rental was uinque. I stayed one day so I didn't used, but it seemed to me stylish. I think it is a good service for long stayed guests.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Steve_CHOI, General Manager at ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Guest

Greetings from Ibis Seoul Myeong-dong!

I’m so glad that you had a great stay in Ibis Seoul Myeong dong.
We would like to deeply thank you for your kind compliments on our facilities.

Again, thank you for choosing Ibis Seoul Myeong-dong.
And, we would like to welcome you in the future.