“Couldn't fault it”

Ranked #60 of 493 Hotels in Seoul
Skipton, United Kingdom
“Couldn't fault it”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Lovely hotel, great value for money and couldn't have had a better location, it was right across the street from the Lotte Store. Would definitely go back. Can't comment on the food as we ate out. If you go in the winter make sure you have plenty of warm clothes, it was -12 on one of the nights we were there.

Room Tip: Ask for a view if you want one, can either be of the Lotte or the Tower (some rooms just have a vie...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve_CHOI, General Manager at ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Wavingatclouds

Greetings from Ibis Seoul Myeong dong!

Thank you very much for staying with us recently.
I'm so glad to read your review about us.

ibis Seoul Myeong-dong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Philippines
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The hotel has an excellent location, it sits in the middle of myeong dong, right across from lotte department store and supermarket. Walk a little, you can find a convenience store in the corner, with a starbucks and krispykreme! The hotel is also one of the stops for the airport bus, so its very easy to get to from the airport. My only complain was that their rooms and particularly the bathroom is too small for me. The bathroom feels like the bathroom inside a boat. Service was ok, nothing special. But i do love the convenience of a hotel thats near all the shopping areas.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Steve_CHOI, General Manager at ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear D_S_LPhilippines

On behalf of the management and staff of Ibis Seoul Myeong-dong, I would like to thank you for staying with us.

I would like to deeply thank you for your kind comments on tripadvisor.

Your comments have certainly motivated us to further develop our service staff for the benefit of valuable guests, such as yourself.

Agian, thank you for choosing Ibis Myeong-dong.

And, I would like to welcome you in the future.

Singapore
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Pros :
1) Excellent Location (right next to the shopping belt and opposite Lotte Mall)
2) Hotel staffs are very polite, friendly and nice
3) There is water cooler outside my room for Hot and Cold water together with Ice (good service)

Cons :
1) First time staying in IBIS as I usually stayed in Sofitel, Pullman and McGallery under Accor Group. IBIS is a 3 Star Budget chain and the room is very small
2) No toiletries (no toothbrush, toothpaste etc)
3) First time staying in a hotel without providing any Bottles of Drinking/Mineral Water

I stayed in Grand Ambassador (Pullman) followed by IBIS Myeong Dong and the price I paid are around the same. I would rate IBIS as 5/10 and Grand Ambassador as 8/10.

Based on the price, I don't think IBIS is value for money. The only positive is that IBIS location is excellent. Since the taxi fare in Seoul is very cheap, I think we have plenty of choices for the price paid for IBIS.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Steve_CHOI, General Manager at ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Jaskel_33

Warm Greetings from Ibis Seoul Myeong-dong!

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Seoul Myeong-dong.
It is always a pleasure to receive your kind feedback.

We are most concerned with the satisfaction of our guests and your feedback is of great value to us. It allows us to ensure and improve the quality of service we want to offer our guests.

Thank you again and I hope to welcome you soon with a warm hearted service at Ibis Seoul Myeong dong.

Metro Manila, Philippines
Reviewed January 10, 2013

It was our first time in South Korea. I originally wanted to stay in the Gangnam Area but thank God and thank you all Tripadvisor reviewers ... my family decided to stay in this hotel. The place was great... the service was awesome too!

We arrived at the place 3 hours earlier than our scheduled check-in time but the frontdesk girl (I am sorry I forgot her name) was kind enough to tell us to be back after an hour and she will do everything she can to find us a room before the check-in time. She assisted us with our baggage and asked us how she can be of service to us. She also gave us tips on where to stay while we are waiting for a room. Generally, all the staff in IBIS were very kind to us... the cleaning lady would always smile whenever we meet her in the hallway... the staff's attitude made the place warmer :-)

The room was small but very cozy... our room was also cleaned everyday. We stayed there last month and the temperature ranged from -1 to -10 ...the room's heater made our stay very comfortable too...

The place was near the Myeongdong shopping district and restaurants and coffee shops are within minutes... The hotel is also 10 minutes away from the famous Nandaemun market. What I also loved was we are about a minute away from the MTR station (Euljiro exit)... Choosing this hotel was really a very good decision :-)

I really recommend this hotel... We would gladly come back next time we visit SEOUL. I loved the place ... it was worth every KR Won :-)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Buchi_Hk
Dear Buchi_Hk

Happy new year to you and your family!

I extremely happty to hear that your family had good time with Ibis Seoul Myeong dong!
And thank you for your kind compliment regarding our staffs,especially the lady who help you check in(Hong, Seung Hee).

I really appreciate taking the time to share your experiance on tripadvisor,
and I would like to welcome you in the near future with better service.

Thank you.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed from Dec 28 - Jan 2 and as mentioned in previous reviews, location cant be beat for shopping and food choices at the Myeongdong/Namdaemun shopping areas as well for transportation options from/to the airport and for going around the city. Though a bit on the high side in terms of room price vis-a-vis room size and amenities, the convenience of the hotel location makes up for it.

Rooms were small but served its purpose comfortably but would suggest that they upgrade some features of the room. Cleanliness is not an issue at this hotel. There was a shuttle van available to bring guests to a couple of the tourist attractions in the vicinity but did not avail of this during our stay so couldn't add much on this.

Check in (19/F) and Concierge (1/F) staff were very helpful and makes you feel very welcome.

Location provides you an option of using 3 subway stations to use to go around the city: Euljiro1-ga ST (nearest, 5-10min walk), Myeongdong St. (15-20 min walk. more if you make a number of stops along the shopping areas) and City Hall St. (via the underground shopping area. 20-30 min walk. Used this a couple of times to escape the very cold weather)

If you have an IOS or Android device, I suggest you download the Subway Korea app by broong. It was very helpful in using the subway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Steve_CHOI, General Manager at ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Mr.Tonito

On behalf of the management and staff of Ibis Seoul Myeong-dong,
I would like to thank you for staying with us.

I would like to deeply thank you for your kind comments on Tripadvisor.

Agian, thank you for choosing Ibis Seoul Myeong-dong.

And, I would like to welcome you in the future.