We recently stayed at the Ibis in Myeong-dong and can highly recommend it. The location is excellent. We had seen several reviews (prior to booking) complaining about the size of the rooms, so we paid the extra and had a junior suite and it was well worth the extra. The room was a great size and we had a good view looking towards Namdaemun and overlooking the nightly market stalls.
The airport limousine but stop is right at the front door as is a subway stop. The food on offer around the area (street food and restaurant food) is sensational and very good value. We left Seoul for a few of days and on returning decided the Ibis was the best location in Seoul, so all up we ended up spending about two weeks there. When we returned we did have a standard room for one night which was small but it served its purpose. We then moved back to a junior suite the next night.
The housekeeping staff did a sensational job and every afternoon we would come back to an immaculately clean room. Their housekeeping staff must be the best in Seoul and should be commended for their efforts.
We found the bathrooms to be completely adequate. They are small but extremely functional and the shower had the best water pressure I’ve ever had in a hotel.
Additionally, the coin laundry facilities on the 10th floor were a sensational idea. Got most of our washing done before leaving Korea which saves a lot of work when returning home.
The staff on reception on the 19th floor were fantastic and efficient as were the concierge staff on the ground floor. Nothing was too much trouble and they spoke English very well which was handy for us as we unfortunately don’t speak Korean. They were very helpful with directions etc.
We will definitely stay here again when back in Seoul.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Ibis Myeong Dong is located in the heart of the trendiest shopping district in Seoul, with major department stores, restaurants, cafes and nightclubs nearby. The hotel features 280 contemporary style rooms with LCD televisions as well as a restaurant, sauna, gym, business centre, coin operated laundry and parking. Major banks and businesses also have their headquarters in the area and the hotel has two meeting rooms available for up to 40 delegates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Ambassador Myeong Dong Hotel
- Accor Ambassador Myeong Dong Hotel