“Surprisingly nice”

Ranked #259 of 472 Hotels in Seoul
OC
“Surprisingly nice”
Reviewed October 1, 2008

My company put me up in this hotel for a business trip to Seoul. It is a small hotel but surprisingly clean and nice which is a definite plus. I think the rooms and equipment have been recently updated. The tv is a flat screen, beds comfortable, bathrooms marble, and everything looked new.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The rooms were spacious, there wasn't a lot of street traffic noise, and the location was near a Dunkin Donuts, one of my fav. spots to visit while in Korea. They have the best green tea donuts!! There was also a small store on the corner where my co-worker and I were able to buy some water bottles and phone cards to call the states. The breakfast buffet was quite interesting. There were all sorts of foods like steamed veggies, french fries, fresh fruit, sausage, bacon, rice, eggs, toast, coffee, soup, etc. I enjoyed its variety but tended to stick towards the American breakfast items.

I would definitely recommend this place although its not located near central Seoul nor a subway station. You can take a few minutes cab ride to a 24 hours Emart which has practically everything from cosmetics, groceries, clothes, books, and other household items. My most recent business trip to Seoul brought me here where I was able to do most of my shopping. Also there is a Starbucks across the street from this Emart.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Oregon
Reviewed May 29, 2008

I ma writing this review FROM the hotel. This is the second best western I have stayed at on this trip, and I will not come back. The property is nice but the staff is borderline awful. Clumsy service, marginal english (for a Best Western!!), and a condescending, almost snotty attitude. I have stayed at more than 10 hotels in Seoul, this is the only one that has such poor customer service skills. Restauant menu is limited, and they were actually unable to make a sandwich at 12:30 in the afternoon because they did not have any vegetables (????). Location is not conducive to walking elsewhere for food, although that is not their fault.

If you can, find another place.

• Disliked — Staff Is Terrible
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Brtp4

Travelers are raving about these Seoul hotels

Travelers also viewed these Seoul hotels
Golden Seoul Hotel
Kensington Hotel Yoido
#80 of 472 in Seoul
Gangnam / Nonhyeon / Yeoksam
Best Western Premier Gangnam

Been to Niagara Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Niagara Hotel

Property: Niagara Hotel
Address: 743, Yangcheon-ro, Gangseo-gu, Seoul 07539, South Korea (Formerly Best Western Niagara Hotel)
Location: South Korea > Seoul
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Airport Transportation
#87 Luxury Hotel in Seoul
Hotel Class:4 star — Niagara Hotel 4*
As a five-star business hotel located in Gangseo, Seoul, we boast about our view of Han River, Bukhan mountain which unfolded like panorama, world cup stadium that could be seen from entire rooms, and also every room is fully equipped with high speed internet and heating and cooling facility that could be operated for each season. The Best Western Niagara Hotel is loved by many kintex customers, and we provide free shuttle bus service. Also, we are located near Gimpo Airport, Yeoeudo Financial Centre, Shin Chon and Hong-Ik University, etc. The best site for business. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Niagara Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Seoul