“Used for a couple of business trips”
Review of Niagara Hotel

Niagara Hotel
Ranked #356 of 500 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed October 14, 2013

For a clean, safe hotel with a great view, this is a great hotel. The internet in the room is free, but you'll need to connect via an ethernet cable as wifi is only available in the lobby (notes about that later). My local rep has always gathered me at the airport so I've never had to use the public transportation. I have stayed here about 3 times over the years and the room/service has been good and consistent. I've found that the front desk speaks some English, but weren't the most fluent. I've not stayed at any other hotels in the area, so I really don't have anything to compare this hotel.

Breakfast: they provide quite a spread for breakfast, buffet style. I had luke warm scrambled eggs, cold french fries and cold sausages. They also had a number of Korean offerings for breakfast, but I tend to what i know for breakfast. Everything tasted good, but could have been warmer.

Internet: I find it hard to complain about any hotel that offers free internet and wifi. The only issue I had was this evening I wanted to make a FaceTime call on my iPad which requires a wifi connection. So I headed to the lobby and there were no places to sit as many other people had the same idea as myself. So I sat at one of the restaurant tables only to be chased away being told: we're closed. I asked if I could sit there to make a call and they said no. I ended up sitting on the floor near the front door to make my call about 10 feet from the table I tried to use.

I also found the wifi to be unreliable for 'iDevices'. It seems that once you are connected you are good to go, but getting my iPhone to connect was very frustrating. I connected fine in the morning, but when I returned in the evening it wouldn't connect.

Air Conditioner: The HVAC system at the Hotel has two modes: Heat or Cool and the whole building is set to one or the other. So if you happen to travel here between seasons where it isn't quite cool enough for heat, but warm enough for AC and the hotel has changed from Cool to Heat, then you have to rely on the very small window to allow cool air into your room because if you turn on the AC you'll only get heat. This trip isn't so bad, but I've been here in the past where the daytime outside temps were in the 80's F, but in the cool evenings the only option for the A/C was heat as the whole building was set for winter and heat. So I turned off the AC and opened my window and slept on top of the sheets.

Overall it is a nice hotel. My rate was 154000 Won including breakfast. I may look around next time to see what my options are next time to see if I can get wifi in my room or I'll bring my own little router (i.e. Apple Airport Express).

Room Tip: The higher rooms have a better view of the Han river.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
베스트웨스턴나이아가라호텔담당자, 프론트 매니저 at Niagara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review. Now Free Wi-Fi is available in building anywhere in hotel.
and Sorry for the inconvenience due to air conditioning.
we need cleaning air conditioner before summer During that time, should not use air conditioning.
Prepared in the future as the air-conditioning will be prepared.
Thank you.

There are newer reviews for Niagara Hotel

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I've stayed for 2 nights in Niagara Hotel during my business trip. I should admit that the view of the room is really very nice. The room was clean and confortable. The bathroom has jacuzzi.

The staff was quite helpful. I had a little accident and the bathroom has flooded. They directly changed my room wthout any question and sent a nice -free- breakfast to my new room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Onur_Aydogan

Dear Guest
Thank you for your kind review and we are pride of nice view in our bestwestern niagara hotel.
If you have any discomfort, It is natural for you to change the room.
our hotel always Effort our best to meet guest satisfaction.
Thank you.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I am currently staying here for a week and picked this hotel based on TA reviews. I could not be more pleased. I travel a lot for both business and personal reasons, and I believe I have pretty high standards. Although I don't use the Best Western chain in the States, the Hotel Niagara is, in my opinion, as nice or nicer than most of the Marriott hotels I typical frequent. You won't be disappointed in the accommodations! And for those who judge a room on its bathroom, lol, this one is great! Modern, marble tile, a stall shower as well as a full tub. I have found everything to be immaculately clean. The hotel design is laid out so that all rooms face the Han River and the view is delightful. My room (1007) is on the tenth floor and the view is just lovely. Over the course of the past few days, I have learned a few things that might be helpful to future visitors:

1. Hotel elevator: to ascend to your floor, you will need to touch your hotel room key card to the "CARD HERE" spot on the elevator panel in order to be able to push your floor number. A good security measure!

2. When you enter the room (especially if you are arriving late at night), you won't find a light switch on the wall as you enter the room. I stumbled around in the dark for a few minutes until I realized the room must have everything on an electronic system that is controlled by my room key card. Sure enough, when you come into the room, there is a little alcove behind the door, and you'll see a red light above a slot where you insert your room key card. Voila, let there be light! It then took me a while to figure out how to turn off the lights while I was still in the room - you'll find a little black box next to the phone on the bedside table which has buttons that you press to turn off the lights. When you leave your room and take your room key out of the slot, everything powers off. You certainly won't misplace your room key when you stay here :)

3. Its June here, and summer has arrived in Seoul--the last few days have been 90 degrees and muggy. Fortunately, the Hotel Niagara has a wonderful A/C system and cooled the room off perfectly; there is a thermostat in the room so you can control coolness to your liking. However, please note: when entering the room after being out all day, you have to call down to the front desk and ask them to engage the A/C system - they must have a master control system to conserve electricity and avoid cooling of rooms when the room is vacant. As soon as you ask them to engage the AC, you will hear the system come on. Its not a big deal, but I believe some reviewers have believed the AC doesn't work - it works fine, you just have to do this simple step. I have also found that at 8am exactly, the A/C shuts off; if I am still in the room, I simply call back down to the front desk and ask them to turn it back on. Easy peasy, and I applaud the hotel for their conservation measures.

4. Taxi tips: I do not speak Korean, and explaining to taxi drivers where I need to go has been my biggest challenge. The first thing I did was have the front desk staff write down for me the hotel name and address on a piece of paper which I could show to the taxi driver when I needed to return to the hotel. A simple task but oh so helpful! Secondly, the staff also helped me write down the Korean directions to places I wanted to go which I could then hand to the driver. If you are out and about and are not sure how to communicate with your cab driver, all the taxis I took offer the ability to talk to a free translator who can help you explain to driver where you need to go.

5. Airporter bus: This hotel is PERFECT for getting to and from Incheon Airport. Bus 6018 literally drops you a few hundred yards from the front door (its easy to roll your bags on the sidewalk to the front door of the hotel). To buy a ticket, look for the Airport Bus ticket booth as you walk exit the door on the arrival floor. Easy and reasonable way to get to the hotel: $15 each way and it takes about 1 hour depending on traffic (and Seoul has a LOT of traffic!!) When its time to return to the airport, you can buy a ticket at the hotel front desk.

6. Miscellaneous: there is a small fridge in the room and housekeeping stocks it with two water bottles a day. With the weather as warm as it is, I found I needed a bit more. There is a Family Mart just down the street -- when you exit the hotel front door, turn right when you reach the side walk and it is one block down (just past the Domino's Pizza place).

Any questions, feel free to ask! Enjoy your visit to Seoul - it is an amazing city (this is my second time here) and the people are so so friendly!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Andi-Rosevile
Reviewed February 9, 2013

A nice and clean hotel with helpful and kind stuff. the location was very good as it was near to my local host office. nearby there are many different restuarents. it is not really the center of seoul but if you are looking for an hotel in this area, it can be a very good choice. price is not very low though i have nothing to compare with other hotels in the same level in Seoul.

Room Tip: All rooms have view to the river so it is really doesnt matter
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank niko20
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The view of the Han river, with speedboats and sailboats on weekends buzzing, is an awesome sight! Stayed on the upper floors with view of the Northern mountains, how magestic! Think

Stay(ing) there long term on an overseas assignment. Am glad to call this place home. The hotel may lack 5 star facilities like swimming pool and gym, but is surrounded by accessible public transport, 5 mins from subway and lots of eateries nearby.

Room Tip: Higher floors, all rooms face the river anyway.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank GaijinMan
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Visited Seoul to attend a friends wedding. The hotel is modern and has very nice decor. However we were very disappointed with the breakfasts. The breakfast is typical buffet style , however on inpection it was not very appealling . We had to ask for food to be replentished and this was still not very good quality. I am not a fussy eater and a big breakfast eater however after paying $17 Aus the first morning and being disappointed we chose to have coffee and pastry from the street at half the price for the remainder of our 5 day stay, if breakfast was improved I would say this hotel was a pleasant place to rest your head, the rooms were quiet , we had a view of the river and the staff pleasant and spoke good english.

Room Tip: If you need tonic water for your duty free gin, the hotel does not have so buy in the street
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mahzy_11
Reviewed November 4, 2011

My experience in this hotel was a good one. It has one of the best view of Han River. I was there during the Kintex Exhibition 2011. The breakfast was the same through out the whole week, but it was ok. It would be much better, if they had kept different varities. The rooms were clean, well organised. Room service was good. Good english channels on TV were missing. The free wired internet & wifi is a good facility. You can get iron board on demand. Overall it was a nice Hotel to stay in.

Room Tip: Higher the Floor the better is the view of Han
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business